Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
crazyirishman 10:17 PM 01-12-2012
Nice one, Colin!
[Reply]
colinb913 10:19 PM 01-12-2012
Thanks man, I am waiting on a box to be shipped in from c-bid, and tomorrow at work I will probably pick up a few more to throw in there.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 10:23 PM 01-12-2012
I was considering buying some boxes and doing this myself.

You can get something like 10 empty cigar boxes from Thompson Cigar for like 20 bucks. Was thinking about getting those and actually lining the inside of the cooler for pure aesthetic reasons.
[Reply]
colinb913 10:25 PM 01-12-2012
I get them for next to nothing at work. Alot of brothers don't even bother with lining, and just use the boxes cedar. I am sure either way works perfectly.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 10:29 PM 01-12-2012
Well, I have a design background, so things have to LOOK right for me.

I'm sure a setup like yours would be absolutely functionally sound, but as classy as cigar smoking is, I figure it should look classy, yeah?
[Reply]
jluck 10:32 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by colinb913:
When you all get your packages in from c-bid I wouldn't mind (as I am sure many brothers wouldn't) seeing pictures of your hauls! When I get the box, or bundle I won (can't remember which it is coming in as) I will throw a pic up.
Will do! I cant wait! 99 sticks coming and a ash tray! and I just scored a 5-pack for 1.00! gotta love it!

BTW mama seen the bill from the first order and didn't bat a eye.:-)
[Reply]
colinb913 10:32 PM 01-12-2012
Sure, I have a nice wood humidor that everyone that wants a cigar sees, I keep stocked with singles, and basically on display.. But a coolidor is a great way to store boxes and bulk items and not have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 10:39 PM 01-12-2012
Well that and I really enjoy working with my hands, followed by a celebration cigar, of course.
[Reply]
irratebass 04:15 AM 01-13-2012
When you all get your packages in from c-bid I wouldn't mind (as I am sure many brothers wouldn't) seeing pictures of your hauls! When I get the box, or bundle I won (can't remember which it is coming in as) I will throw a pic up.
Here is my latest winning
[/quote]

Nice coolidor Colin

Originally Posted by jluck:
Will do! I cant wait! 99 sticks coming and a ash tray! and I just scored a 5-pack for 1.00! gotta love it!

You just got lucky sir, that's all, but nice price for a 5er!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:54 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:

What 5 pack?
[Reply]
jluck 07:44 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
What 5 pack?
Nothing good. Pirates gold...?...
Any bids I win like that will likely get sent to the troops.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:52 AM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by crazyirishman:
I was considering buying some boxes and doing this myself.

You can get something like 10 empty cigar boxes from Thompson Cigar for like 20 bucks. Was thinking about getting those and actually lining the inside of the cooler for pure aesthetic reasons.
Go to the local B&M, ask them for them.. Or they may even sell them for cheap. That is what I ended up doing..
[Reply]
deaster25 11:43 AM 01-13-2012
I just scored a 5er of Oliva G maduros on Cigar Auctioneer for 10 bucks!!:-)
[Reply]
colinb913 12:22 PM 01-13-2012
Keeping an eye on a box of diesels in free fall. Also watching a 5er of gurkha beast. I have been wanting to try one for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jjmitchem 12:35 PM 01-13-2012
I'm watching some boxes of 5 Vegas AAA. Going to buy two - one for me and one for my son in law for the birth of my first grandbaby - Aubrey Nicole

Already sent him a couple of FFOX for our own private celebration on that day. The 5 Vegas will be our handout cigars

The bad thing is I will probably be in India on a joint training exercise with the Indian Army when she is born so I'll have to carry all these with me
[Reply]
colinb913 03:25 PM 01-16-2012
Just put them in the coolidor for some down time before I light one up!:-)
Attached: Photo on 2012-01-16 at 16.23.jpg (81.1 KB) 
[Reply]
44stampede 05:56 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by crazyirishman:
Well that and I really enjoy working with my hands, followed by a celebration cigar, of course.
I am curious how you are going to line the cooler. How would you stick the cedar to the walls of the cooler?
[Reply]
crazyirishman 06:09 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:
I'm watching some boxes of 5 Vegas AAA. Going to buy two - one for me and one for my son in law for the birth of my first grandbaby - Aubrey Nicole
Congratulations!
[Reply]
JohnRider 06:54 PM 01-16-2012
Keeping an eye on a box of diesels in free fall. Also watching a 5er of gurkha beast. I have been wanting to try one for a while.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have bought a couple boxes of 30 Diesel Unholy Cocktails on the Freefall when they are about $75. I like 'em as a every day smoke. I think they have a tendency to go south after about 2/3 of the way through, but I can live with that.
[Reply]
colinb913 07:59 PM 01-16-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
I am curious how you are going to line the cooler. How would you stick the cedar to the walls of the cooler?
I used hot glue. No after smell, and so far its worked great..

Originally Posted by JohnRider:
I have bought a couple boxes of 30 Diesel Unholy Cocktails on the Freefall when they are about $75. I like 'em as a every day smoke. I think they have a tendency to go south after about 2/3 of the way through, but I can live with that.
I havent had them go sour on me. I usually smoke them down to the nub.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up