Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 678 910 > Last »
General Discussion>iPad 2 to be announced on 3/2
Blueface 02:47 PM 03-18-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Not sure this is correct. There may be a reason why AT&T has slashed an additional $100 and Apple has not. If you buy from AT&T I believe you will be required to activate.
I am sure there has to be a contract agreement for that low price.

On my 2, since i paid regular price, I buy 30 days at a time, wheneve I want or need it and can do it right from the iPad.
[Reply]
aich75013 01:35 PM 03-21-2011
My wife had bought me the first iPad for Valentine's Day.
We were able to price match from Best Buy to $549 from the initial $699 since it was within 45 days of purchasing it (as a premier member). We could have gotten an iPad 2 instead, but they didn't have any in stock.
[Reply]
shilala 01:51 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am sure there has to be a contract agreement for that low price.

On my 2, since i paid regular price, I buy 30 days at a time, wheneve I want or need it and can do it right from the iPad.
I checked, and from what I understand, you do have to activate one month of data at $14.99 to get the mega-low price. I also understand there's no commitment, and you can cancel right away.
I wrestled for a couple days about getting the 64gb 3G wifi, then hid the page from myself. I just plain don't need it. Don't need the iPad 2, either.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:16 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Don't need the iPad 2, either.
YES you do.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:53 AM 03-22-2011
In case anyone wonders whether they need a 16, 32 or 64.....

....I thought originally a 16 would be enough. My first generation iPad was therefore a 16.

My new one is a 64.
At this point, with minimal photos, only three videos and around 1,000 songs, with around 20 music videos, add to that my apps, I am at 14 GB.
If one takes into the account the 2 GB taken up by the system, that means I would be maxed out on a 16.

Glad I got the 64 the second time around.
[Reply]
shilala 01:03 PM 03-22-2011
In case anyone wonders whether they need a 16, 32 or 64.....

....I thought originally a 16 would be enough. My first generation iPad was therefore a 16.

My new one is a 64.
At this point, with minimal photos, only three videos and around 1,000 songs, with around 20 music videos, add to that my apps, I am at 14 GB.
If one takes into the account the 2 GB taken up by the system, that means I would be maxed out on a 16.

Glad I got the 64 the second time around.
I still have 3.9GB left on my 16GB and I got it on original release day straight from China. If I got rid of all the Trailer Park Boys episodes that I put on there by mistake, I'd have lots more space.
I use my phone for music, so there's no music on there at all, I don't think. It'd be cool if I used it for pics, but I don't, so all I have is some wallpapers and various crap.
The other day I was testing out the new Time Warner app, and it's the first time I ever had a set of earbuds plugged into it. That took what, a year? :-)
Still no sale, Carlos. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:26 PM 03-22-2011
I still have 3.9GB left on my 16GB and I got it on original release day straight from China. If I got rid of all the Trailer Park Boys episodes that I put on there by mistake, I'd have lots more space.
I use my phone for music, so there's no music on there at all, I don't think. It'd be cool if I used it for pics, but I don't, so all I have is some wallpapers and various crap.
The other day I was testing out the new Time Warner app, and it's the first time I ever had a set of earbuds plugged into it. That took what, a year? :-)
Still no sale, Carlos. :-)
I tried.:-)

Scott, wife almost shot me on Sunday.
Went to pick up an Airport Express at local Apple to extend range for home surveillance system and fell in love with 17" MacBook Pro.
Time is ticking.
[Reply]
cort 09:18 PM 03-23-2011
Got Mine Finally:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 05:29 AM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by Cort:
Got Mine Finally:-)
Let the fun begin!
Enjoy!
[Reply]
shilala 07:40 AM 03-24-2011
I tried.:-)

Scott, wife almost shot me on Sunday.
Went to pick up an Airport Express at local Apple to extend range for home surveillance system and fell in love with 17" MacBook Pro.
Time is ticking.
I have a 13" Macbook here that I gotta sell. You really oughta fall in love with it. It has a built-in camera so you can Myface all your lady friends!!! :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:59 AM 03-24-2011
I have a 13" Macbook here that I gotta sell. You really oughta fall in love with it. It has a built-in camera so you can Myface all your lady friends!!! :-)
Sorry.
I have a 13" black MacBook.
I now want the 17" Pro.
Will bug wife now until she eventually yields and gets it for me.:-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 02:57 PM 03-24-2011
Got my shipping notification today. Shipped about a week early. Looks like Apple's cutting out the middle man and shipping direct from factory in China.

[Reply]
Blueface 03:05 PM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Got my shipping notification today. Shipped about a week early. Looks like Apple's cutting out the middle man and shipping direct from factory in China.

Tony, I believe they did the same with the first one.
[Reply]
newcigarz 03:18 PM 03-24-2011
Tony, I believe they did the same with the first one.
Yeh they also cut the online wait down to 3-4 weeks now.
[Reply]
shilala 06:22 PM 03-24-2011
Sorry.
I have a 13" black MacBook.
I now want the 17" Pro.
Will bug wife now until she eventually yields and gets it for me.:-)
Yeah? But this one is WHITE!!!
You don't have a white one, and I'm sure the wife will understand. Plus, if you buy from me, I won't tell her. I'll even help you launder the transaction. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:20 AM 03-25-2011
Love the battery life.
Can last all day, into the night, with heavy use all day between my grandson and I.
Was at 28% at midnight before I put it to charge overnight.
Truly amazing.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:25 AM 03-25-2011
Well, I got a shipping notice, but it was just my smart cover that shipped :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 09:30 AM 03-25-2011
Man I feel bad for those of you patiently waiting.
Good thing is time flies.
Meantime, can't help but remember this as an analogy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyC0X...e_gdata_player
[Reply]
Blueface 10:13 AM 03-25-2011
Great link.
http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/03/b...rmation-ipad-2
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 10:15 AM 03-25-2011
Wife told me I WILL get one, so i'm on my best behavior!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up