Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 678 9 >
General Discussion>Blackberry Storm
Blueface 04:25 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by King James:
I really don't like that the storm doesn't have wifi. Plus, I really like my ipod touch, which is the iphone w/ out the phone. Only problem is the cancellation fee to switch to att and then $70 or whatever it is a month for the bill.
Jim,
I am lucky in that regard I guess as my contract with Verizon is up in January.
I just need to be patient another 30 days or so.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 04:29 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Me too.
With my Verizon credits, the Storm will run me $50 v. $300 for the iPhone.
iPhone just seems so much nicer but AT&T is my cell company for my business cell phone and they are inferior next to Verizon for service/reception.

No WiFi on the Storm.
No text message with photo on the iPhone but with my MacBook, it only makes sense to get the iPhone.
No speaker on the iPhone but one on the Storm.
For iTunes, the iPhone is better.
For iPhoto, the iPhone also takes the prize.
For gadgets, I think the iPhone is also the winner.
Just sucks that one is stuck with AT&T and the major price difference that can be enough for a nice box of Cuban Churchills.:-)
Get the Storm and a box of Cuban Churchills :-) Im leaning towards the iPhone but rather not switch to ATT
Originally Posted by King James:
I really don't like that the storm doesn't have wifi. Plus, I really like my ipod touch, which is the iphone w/ out the phone. Only problem is the cancellation fee to switch to att and then $70 or whatever it is a month for the bill.
Wifi really isn't that big of deal for me
[Reply]
zmancbr 04:56 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Get the Storm and a box of Cuban Churchills :-) Im leaning towards the iPhone but rather not switch to ATT

Wifi really isn't that big of deal for me
I would get the storm as well... Using it for your mp3 player is easy... when you open the blackberry updates you see a section to sync your BB with itunes and then magically all your music appears on your BB... I just added all my music to the BB and will probably sell my ipod soon as it has become obsolete... :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 05:00 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
I would get the storm as well... Using it for your mp3 player is easy... when you open the blackberry updates you see a section to sync your BB with itunes and then magically all your music appears on your BB... I just added all my music to the BB and will probably sell my ipod soon as it has become obsolete... :-)
Which phone is faster, Storm or new I-Phone?
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:03 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Which phone is faster, Storm or new I-Phone?
on the 3G network both are the same, on wifi is where the iPhone wins, I don't have access to wifi that often
[Reply]
longknocker 05:06 PM 12-16-2008
on the 3G network both are the same, on wifi is where the iPhone wins, I don't have access to wifi that often
I wonder if you can pick up the internet on Blackberry in remote locations?
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:10 PM 12-16-2008
I'm guessing if you have bars you can
[Reply]
Screwbag 05:13 PM 12-16-2008
they were even talkin about this on Tom Leykis the other day...

I like my iPhone...it just works so great with my mac! and I love my mac!
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:14 PM 12-16-2008
If the iPhone was available on VZW I would have one
[Reply]
longknocker 05:22 PM 12-16-2008
If the iPhone was available on VZW I would have one
I'm like you, Perry, in that I have much better reception & customer support with VZ. Had ATT for several years before that and lots of dropped calls, reception problems in certain areas, etc. Maybe they will have the bugs worked out in another year when I'm ready to upgrade from my BB Pearl.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:26 PM 12-16-2008
Greg, sounds like a good plan :-) I may hold out three more months
[Reply]
King James 05:30 PM 12-16-2008
I'm like you, Perry, in that I have much better reception & customer support with VZ. Had ATT for several years before that and lots of dropped calls, reception problems in certain areas, etc. Maybe they will have the bugs worked out in another year when I'm ready to upgrade from my BB Pearl.
hopefully bugs worked out includes getting wi-fi. I really like Verizon as well, I just don't know if the blackberry can compete with the iphone. I mean I can sync it with my mac with mobileme. Has my itunes account and appears to be more user friendly. I guess we will see. 2nd generation is always better though.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:32 PM 12-16-2008
Wifi is up to VZW
[Reply]
zmancbr 05:37 PM 12-16-2008
I wonder if you can pick up the internet on Blackberry in remote locations?
Yes but it is a bit slower. I was up in a semi-remote area this weekend and was down to 1 or 2 bars at best... their coverage map shows it covering that area, but my signal was weak at best... I still managed to get internet and was checking the weather for the drive back down the mountains. It was nice to check it, but it was a bit slower.
[Reply]
zmancbr 05:39 PM 12-16-2008
True, but I bet the iphone is a touch faster as far as menu selection and things like that. My Storm has a slight delay every now and then and it seems to be a bit sluggish. I am sure future patches should fix it or at least help a bit.

As for speed on the internet both phones should be the same. But the edge might go to the storm since the iphone has to deal with ATT being a bad carrier...
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:40 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
Yes but it is a bit slower. I was up in a semi-remote area this weekend and was down to 1 or 2 bars at best... their coverage map shows it covering that area, but my signal was weak at best... I still managed to get internet and was checking the weather for the drive back down the mountains. It was nice to check it, but it was a bit slower.
And how did the iPhone do on that area?
[Reply]
smitdavi 05:54 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by Screwbag:
they were even talkin about this on Tom Leykis the other day...

I like my iPhone...it just works so great with my mac! and I love my mac!
That's why I went to the iPhone...I will say that the reception was better with VZW than ATT but I can take the trade off for the UI and how seamlessly it works with my mac
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 05:57 PM 12-16-2008
Wow it works with a mac, who cares about reception and dropped calls :-)
[Reply]
smitdavi 05:59 PM 12-16-2008
Wow it works with a mac, who cares about reception and dropped calls :-)
I didn't say I had NO reception...just that VZW had better reception. I haven't dropped a call yet and Katie never drops calls :-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 06:04 PM 12-16-2008
Just sayin I don't buy my phone because it accesorises my computer. My Glyde works great my my pc whoopy :-) I rather have reception
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 678 9 >
Up