Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 678
All Cigar Discussion>The biggest waste of money cigar for 2009
mithrilG60 12:01 PM 02-01-2010
Originally Posted by Addiction:
Also as far as Opus X, I normally hate them all but the Lost City is an outstanding cigar!
I've been highly underwhelmed by all the Opus X I've smoked. Admittedly that's been a small sampling but it's been enough to know that, at the price point they've set, I have no desire to continue trying to find one that's worth it.

Originally Posted by Addiction:
And Macallan is pretty damn good scotch, tho I personally prefer JW Blue.
I've had some of expressions from Macallan's Fine Oak line that I quite liked but I've found that, IMHO, in general Macallan is very much like Cohiba: a decent middle of the road product that's been over-hyped for so long by the marketing Mad Men that it's acquired a cultural status and price point that's well out of touch with what it really deserves on merit alone. To me Glenfarclas is the benchmark for what a heavily sherried Speyside should be.

I've not had JW's Blue but as a general rule I don't usually pay much/any attention to blends. My all time favourite whisky is Longrow 14yr with Bowmore 15yr Mariner, Bowmore Dawn, Laphroaig 15yr and Glen Ord 12yr. Ardbeg 10 and Lagavulin 16 aren't too bad either :-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 08:51 PM 02-01-2010
What sucked the most for me was the Summer Salamon Sampler from CI . Good thing it was a gift . The Man O War , Patel , Caney and Africa were all horrible . Sitting on the others as time and temperature don't allow for such big smokes right now . Hopefully the Padilla's and Sol Cubano's redeem the sampler .
[Reply]
Goldie 09:34 PM 02-01-2010
Some people might not agree with this, but I would have to say the LFD Salomon. I was disappointed, I hate to say.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:13 AM 02-02-2010
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
I've been highly underwhelmed by all the Opus X I've smoked. Admittedly that's been a small sampling but it's been enough to know that, at the price point they've set, I have no desire to continue trying to find one that's worth it.
I felt the same way about Opus for a long time. Than I smoked an Opus that I let rest for 3 years because that's how disappointed I was the first couple times I smoked them that this other one in the humi just kept getting pushed to the back. I have to say that with some age on it, it was downright awesome. One of the best smokes I ever had. So for years I thought I was lucky in not having to chase down Opus' every year and pay the high price tag for them and than I smoked this aged stick and now I have a bunch sitting in the humi taking a long nap after being in the hunt for awhile. Fortunately, I still don't go nuts trying to find them as I have a hard time going crazy to pick something up knowing I will only stick it in the back of the humi to not be seen for a couple years.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 678
Up