Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>AJ Fernandez blends
G G 09:05 PM 05-22-2010
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
I'd be willing to trade some stix for the Resposados. Maybe a group buy?
Posted via Mobile Device
Do you have reposados or do you want reposados? I know it's late, and I am sleepy.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:03 AM 05-23-2010
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Do you have reposados or do you want reposados? I know it's late, and I am sleepy.
I don't have any but would like to try them. I have had great luck with the AJF Stuff so I want to try them all. That's not to say I like all his stuff but most of what I've tried I consistently like.
[Reply]
Kreth 07:28 AM 05-23-2010
I might be interested in a 5er of the maddies if someone wants to start up a box split. Had a couple of the habanos in a sampler and enjoyed them, but have no burning desire to try the connies.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:40 PM 06-14-2010
Got a fiver of the Reposado Habano and the "angryman's sampler" (a 12 stick AJ F sampler)on the way thought I'd mention it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
G G 06:47 PM 06-14-2010
Nice
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 09:42 AM 06-15-2010
I have the 12 Angry Men sampler coming in the mail tomorrow. The only Fernandez stick I think I've had so far is a Padilla Achilles, and I'm a fan of those.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 10:30 AM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by CueTheMusic:
I have the 12 Angry Men sampler coming in the mail tomorrow. The only Fernandez stick I think I've had so far is a Padilla Achilles, and I'm a fan of those.
Drew (druturn) was just telling me about those Achilles. He said it was a fantastic smoke. I may have to look into this sampler as well. :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:02 AM 06-15-2010
Well, I just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd share some interesting experiences I've had with some Fernandez blends in the Blind Taste Test thread. Traded some unbanded sticks with kenstogie (I should have checked this thread before making my guesses, Ken! :-)) and smoked them all in the last few weeks. Four of the sticks were by Fernandez--my blind reviews are here:

5 Vegas Triple A (ROTT)
MOW (7-8 months)
Nica Libre (4 months)
La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Robusto (4 months)

Good stuff, except for the Man o' War--that was great stuff and is now on my "must buy" list! :-)

Thanks, Ken!
[Reply]
kenstogie 01:06 PM 06-15-2010
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Well, I just stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd share some interesting experiences I've had with some Fernandez blends in the Blind Taste Test thread. Traded some unbanded sticks with kenstogie (I should have checked this thread before making my guesses, Ken! :-)) and smoked them all in the last few weeks. Four of the sticks were by Fernandez--my blind reviews are here:

5 Vegas Triple A (ROTT)
MOW (7-8 months)
Nica Libre (4 months)
La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Robusto (4 months)

Good stuff, except for the Man o' War--that was great stuff and is now on my "must buy" list! :-)

Thanks, Ken!
I knew I'd get em. You should try the Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet Selection, a great inexpensive smoke, that everyone has liked so far.
[Reply]
kenstogie 02:30 PM 06-26-2010
Did a Reposado Review see below.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33442
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 02:36 PM 06-26-2010
I knew I'd get em. You should try the Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet Selection, a great inexpensive smoke, that everyone has liked so far.
:-) They're rapidly becoming my go to cigar. Love the No 1!
[Reply]
Dunkel 03:36 PM 06-26-2010
AJ has got the hot hand these days. SC CC, MOW, MOWR, Diesel, LHC OF, and 5 Vegas AAA are all great smokes. By the time AJ is DPG's age he will be making cigars so good that they sweep you away to a fantasy land, and for much less money.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 04:18 PM 06-26-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
AJ has got the hot hand these days. SC CC, MOW, MOWR, Diesel, LHC OF, and 5 Vegas AAA are all great smokes. By the time AJ is DPG's age he will be making cigars so good that they sweep you away to a fantasy land, and for much less money.
We all hope you are right. But, another scenario is that, as his reputation grows, so will his prices. :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 04:54 PM 06-26-2010
I just keep smoking AJF stuff cuz its always good and the price is unbeleivable. My last 5 boxes were AJ's. Damn near impossible to beat. The Reposado habano is no exception.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
druturn 02:56 PM 06-28-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
Drew (druturn) was just telling me about those Achilles. He said it was a fantastic smoke. I may have to look into this sampler as well. :-)
To piggy back on this, I absolutely LOVED the Achilles. I have only had one in my cigar smoking life, so I can't attest to the consistency of it but all I remember about it is that it was one of (and probably still is) my favorite sticks. The only notes I made on the back of the band was "medium body, smooth and light spice" but to this day I remember how good that smoke was.
[Reply]
kenstogie 03:59 PM 06-28-2010
Picked up ANOTHER 5 pack of the Reposado Habanos for 11 bucks. :-). I hope they are as good as the one I reviewed.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 09:26 PM 06-28-2010
I just purchased a box of 25 SC CC No. 1s for 40.50 on CI's make an offer site. Good deal? If any one else wants them, make your offer a little lower and see what happens.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 06:30 PM 06-29-2010
CI has the Padilla Habanos Toro listed at $164.00 a box , as I checked this the other day I panicked and thought I better check C-Bid . Won a fiver and 2 full boxes(55 cigars) for abut $120.00 total . I've been hitting alot of these lately so I thought I should stock up . The price on these has risen sharply since I first tried them last year . Hopefully CI's listed price is an error but I really don't think so . :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 09:30 PM 06-29-2010
CI usually lists prices on the high side. On a separate note I just picked up a box (40 ct) of Reposados for $53. Can't beat that about 1.30 a stick! Usually $99 and a bargain for that price too. These will be going up in price I guarentee it.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dannysguitar 10:34 PM 06-29-2010
CI usually lists prices on the high side. On a separate note I just picked up a box (40 ct) of Reposados for $53. Can't beat that about 1.30 a stick! Usually $99 and a bargain for that price too. These will be going up in price I guarentee it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wanna trade? lol
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up