Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 26
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Sports>Yankees vs. Phillies W.S. 2009
MedicCook 09:17 PM 10-28-2009
6-0 Philly going into the bottom of the 9th.

Great relay by the Yankees to end the top of the 9th.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:22 PM 10-28-2009
Jeter & Damon lead off the bottom of the 9th with back to back singles.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:24 PM 10-28-2009
6-1 Yankees after a FC by Teixeira and an error on the play by Rollins.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:25 PM 10-28-2009
Come on Phillies! Hang onto this one!
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:29 PM 10-28-2009
Nice win :-)
[Reply]
ade06 09:29 PM 10-28-2009
1 down 3 to go!
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:30 PM 10-28-2009
Good game for the Phillies. Cliff Lee & Chase Utley were great tonight.
[Reply]
ade06 09:32 PM 10-28-2009
Jeter was hot tonight... I hope he's done hitting for the Series.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:34 PM 10-28-2009
A-Rod & Teixeira were bad tonight.
[Reply]
Whee 09:34 PM 10-28-2009
Holy Crap!
[Reply]
feznuk 09:34 PM 10-28-2009
That was just a pitching clinic tonight!

Not much offense at all until late. CC didn't pitch all that bad except the first inning. He just made the same mistake to Chase twice and paid for it both times.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:37 PM 10-28-2009
They will need to bounce back tomorrow.
[Reply]
TheTraveler 09:42 PM 10-28-2009
Nice. Nice. Nice.

:-) :-)

Good win Phillies! 1 down let's get 3 more!
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:42 PM 10-28-2009
Good start. :-)

Hopefully the Phillies can keep working the count like they did tonight and get into (what I think is) the Yankees' suspect middle relief.
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:43 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by TheTraveler:
Nice. Nice. Nice.

:-) :-)

Good win Phillies! 1 down let's get 3 more and S W E E P !!!

(sorry, couldn't help myself :-) )
I don't care what you say as long as you have that avatar.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:47 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I'll bite even further.
Here are the 2009 stats for both on things that shed "excitement".

Runs Phillies 820 Yankees 915
Hits Phillies 1439 Yankees 1604
HRs Phillies 224 Yankees 244
RBI Phillies 788 Yankees 881
Avg. Phillies .258 Yankees .283
Slugging Phillies .447 Yankees .478

Add 103 wins to 93 and I can clearly see why you think the Phillies are a more exciting team.:-) As I said earlier, blind.

Hey Carlos, something came to me tonight while watching the game. If the Phillies were able to plug a DH into the lineup every game, their stats would be awfully similar.

Or maybe I'm not thinking straight and am not seeing it right....you know, blind. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:51 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Hey Carlos, something came to me tonight while watching the game. If the Phillies were able to plug a DH into the lineup every game, their stats would be awfully similar.

Or maybe I'm not thinking straight and am not seeing it right....you know, blind. :-)
Not really. If they had the DH every game that would mean they'd be playing in the AL east, and with the record they had wouldn't have made the playoffs :-)

Lee pitched great. CC pitched ok. It's only one game, still a lot of baseball to be had.
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:00 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Not really. If they had the DH every game that would mean they'd be playing in the AL east, and with the record they had wouldn't have made the playoffs :-)
Uh.....yeah.....okay. :-)

I was looking at the stats Carlos listed. Not sure how that equates to "not really". And to think the Phillies wouldn't have made the playoffs is an assumption. I, on the other hand, assume they would have. Maybe if they win back to back World Series you'll give them some credit.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:05 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Uh.....yeah.....okay. :-)

I was looking at the stats Carlos listed. Not sure how that equates to "not really". And to think the Phillies wouldn't have made the playoffs is an assumption. I, on the other hand, assume they would have. Maybe if they win back to back World Series you'll give them some credit.
I was looking at stats too. They had a worse record than the Red Sox and Angels, if they played everyday with a DH they would not have made the playoffs with the record they had. I don't think having Ben Francisco or Matt Stairs in the field everyday would have very much impact.

I do give them credit, they have a great team. If you look over my posts there is no Philly hate. This is the match up I wanted, I even made a post two months back stating so. I reserve my burning hatred for the Red Sox :-)
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:16 PM 10-28-2009
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
I was looking at stats too. They had a worse record than the Red Sox and Angels, if they played everyday with a DH they would not have made the playoffs with the record they had. I don't think having Ben Francisco or Matt Stairs in the field everyday would have very much impact.

I do give them credit, they have a great team. If you look over my posts there is no Philly hate. This is the match up I wanted, I even made a post two months back stating so. I reserve my burning hatred for the Red Sox :-)
Having Ben Francisco or Matt Stairs in the lineup everyday certainly would have been a vast improvement over having a pitcher bat 3+ times a game. With either one of them playing everyday (or at least platooning) I think they would have had more HRs, probably RBIs, and possibly hits, runs and SLG% too. Innings would have been extended that ended because of a pitcher's ineffectiveness during an at bat.

And no one knows what their record would have been had they had a DH...each game would have played out differently.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.:-)

FWIW, this is the matchup I wanted as well.:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 26
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up