Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 62
« First < 678 9101858 > Last »
General Discussion>(Official?) Pocket Knife Discussion Thread
Darrell 02:55 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
The Cyclone is no long listed in the line-up on the web site or in the newest catalog. They had a lot of trouble with the on/off SpeedSafe assist opening function on this model. They probably got tired of all the warranty work, so they discontinued this knife.
That makes sense. Aside from the "speed safe" issues I had no problems. However it went to Kershaw 3 or 4 times to have that fixed. They were always friendly and fast though.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 05:00 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
That makes sense. Aside from the "speed safe" issues I had no problems. However it went to Kershaw 3 or 4 times to have that fixed. They were always friendly and fast though.
I have a fix for it. Let me know when and if you need it. I can send you the parts, and PM you the instructions. You just need a small torx bit. (#6 I think) My fix eliminates the on/off switch and includes a new "reaction bar". After the fix the speed safe is on all the time like most of the speed safe models.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:36 PM 08-23-2010
Originally Posted by nomadicwookie:
That would be me. I've been getting rid of some knives lately, but I'll never get rid of my SMF. They're tanks.
Same I put up 3 of those for sale, my trusty SMF is never being sold. It's just a beast, getting rid of the 615 mini-rukus as the SMF and 302 are my tank knives.
[Reply]
poker 10:30 AM 11-08-2010
Just picked up a new Benchmade 907 Mini-Nitrous Stryker.

[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:26 AM 11-08-2010
Nice! Way to go Kelly!

As for me. Microtech UTX 85 ive wanted one for as long as I can remember now all I have to do is wait for it to get here. :-)

[Reply]
TripleF 02:06 PM 11-08-2010
Noice Kelly :-)

Noice Mark!! :-)

I just ordered a SOG Twich I on ebay :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:00 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Noice Kelly :-)

Noice Mark!! :-)

I just ordered a SOG Twich I on ebay :-)
Careful Scott. The Shank Fairy has been restless. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:26 AM 11-09-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Careful Scott. The Shank Fairy has been restless. :-)
True he has, he stopped by and talked with me just the other day! :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:58 AM 11-09-2010
His outfit this year sure was looking sharp.
[Reply]
docdoty 08:59 AM 11-09-2010
Kelly, those benchmades are great knives you will love it. I have one of them as well.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 11:52 AM 11-11-2010
im sick. Just ordered another microtech.:-)
[Reply]
poker 12:25 PM 11-11-2010
Unreal. Was showing my father my new Benchmade last night, and he sees the butterfly logo on the blade. He says "Hey I think thats the same logo on the knife you gave me like 10-12 years ago."
We go out to his car where he has it in the driver door side pocket. He pulls out a knife I forgot all about that I had acquired somehow (I cant remember).

Its an old automatic Benchmade/Balisong Emerson Design. Its kinda filthy, so I take it apart and clean it up. Man this thing is big. Its not fast but it opens with authority.

Pics coming soon.

Cracks me up. 79 year old Japanese man with a huge switchblade in his car door pocket. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:53 PM 11-11-2010
hell yes! Pics or BAN! I love stories like this.
[Reply]
LostAbbott 01:31 PM 11-11-2010
Here is my little collection and my two Microtech's up close.

[Reply]
poker 01:46 PM 11-11-2010
hell yes! Pics or BAN! I love stories like this.
Not mine but almost identical blade (except for thumbstud/cap):

[Reply]
TripleF 01:54 PM 11-11-2010
Oooooooof those are some noice knives right there. :-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 01:59 PM 11-11-2010
Yeah I carried the Lightfoot L.C.C DA for a few years but I think tip up carry does not work as it tended to work open a little, also the leaf spring is starting to wear out, as well as the design of the knife is kind of lacking in my opinion. Also I am not a fan of the 20s-v steel as it is really hard to get razor sharp. Fun knife and I got a great deal on it back in 2003. What they are going for now is totally nuts.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 02:14 PM 11-11-2010
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:

I certainly want one of thems! The Kestrel is an awesome design. I just ordered the LUDT.

Curious, How had the black finish held up on yours? Im planning on EDCing mine.

As for Kelly. That is an awesome knife. I love Benchmades and the Made in USA is certainly a feature Im willing to pay a bit more for.

I think it is time for a family photo of my collection. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 02:20 PM 11-11-2010

I think it is time for a family photo of my collection. :-)
Do Eat Mon. Do Eat!!!
[Reply]
Wolfgang 02:33 PM 11-11-2010

Any questions? Feel free to ask. I love my babies.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 62
« First < 678 9101858 > Last »
Up