Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 34
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App RELEASED!
KenS 06:00 AM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by hikari:
Hey Ken.

Just a FYI the app is crashing allot on the dev v3 version beta5

I added a new humidor, (home) added cigar partages shots to the list filled in all the info save.

Then when i goto my cigars and click on my humidor crashes at that point.
Cleared memory tried again same thing
Restarted phone tried again same thing
Thanks for the heads up. Just a quick status update, in that life and work have been crazy busy over the past month or so. Lots of travel and late work days, so very little time to look at Mobile Stogie code. Looks like it will be quieting down now, so I can get back to work on it.

Priorities at the moment:

Sorry for the delay in making more progress, but life has its priorities :-)
[Reply]
hikari 01:06 PM 06-09-2009
Ken Gold 3.0 came out.

Tested again reinstalled also same results.

Question is there a way you can incorp a way to export and import the database.

I always worry about my phone crashing or dieing and having to reinput in all my cigars.
[Reply]
KenS 01:36 PM 06-09-2009
Ken Gold 3.0 came out.

Tested again reinstalled also same results.

Question is there a way you can incorp a way to export and import the database.

I always worry about my phone crashing or dieing and having to reinput in all my cigars.
I'm working with the 3.0GM code now, and unfortunately several of the database calls break with 3.0. Fixing them to work with 3.0 breaks them for 2.x, so I'm working the issue now ... this was definitely not expected with the 3.0 release. :-) :-)

more to come...
[Reply]
spivy 01:38 PM 06-09-2009
Quick question. Does it have places that you can put in price paid or value?
[Reply]
hikari 01:47 PM 06-09-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
I'm working with the 3.0GM code now, and unfortunately several of the database calls break with 3.0. Fixing them to work with 3.0 breaks them for 2.x, so I'm working the issue now ... this was definitely not expected with the 3.0 release. :-) :-)

more to come...
Yha fun stuff.
yha i wish they had a better database all togeather.

Any how if you need someone to test something i'm around.
I also have 3 phone's myself mine my wifes and a test phone.

have you put any consideration into an export/import for the DB.
[Reply]
KenS 02:59 PM 06-09-2009
Yha fun stuff.
yha i wish they had a better database all togeather.
Actually, I'm pretty impressed with the embedded sqlite3 database. For lightweight stuff like this, it's pretty solid. FYI, I think I have the code fixed to work with both 2.x and 3.0 now, but I have to do pretty extensive testing now, because I have made a lot of code changes under the hood. Also, some of the new stuff I have been working on have to be backed out to get this update submitted. I can't afford to have the app crashing for people when the 3.0 update is released on the 17th.

Originally Posted by :
Any how if you need someone to test something i'm around.
I also have 3 phone's myself mine my wifes and a test phone.
I may take you up on that, depending on how straightforward my testing goes tonight. Thanks for the offer :-)

Originally Posted by :
have you put any consideration into an export/import for the DB.
Yes, but it's a little more complex than you might think, due to the limitations imposed around the file system. However, the number one thing I test in all of my code changes is ensuring that no data gets overwritten. I do know that people want to be able to export for other reasons though, so I'll keep working on that.
[Reply]
Azpostal 03:05 PM 06-09-2009
I really enjoy your app. It's the one I use the most on my Ipod touch. Thanks for all the work Ken.
[Reply]
KenS 08:24 PM 06-15-2009
Quick update: since there was a crashing bug in the release code with the new iPhone OS 3 (which will be generally available in a couple of days), I had to take a pause from other coding/testing to get out a specific update for the new OS.

So, if you upgrade to iPhone OS 3, you'll need version 1.1.5 of Mobile Stogie. Hopefully Apple will approve and post it soon.

Now back to the more interesting work... :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:08 AM 06-16-2009
For all us "non-devs" :-) OS 3 is being released tomorrow!

Don't forget to upgrade guys, tons of new features! And the Jail-break dev guys will be releasing their jailbreak tutorial probably within a matter of hours of the OS 3 release :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 12:57 PM 06-16-2009
I'm affraid to jailbreak mine, I'm not tech savy and don't want to mess my life line up
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:04 PM 06-16-2009
There's a super easy tutorial over on Ipodtouchfans.com However, wait to jail-break it until after the OS 3 release tomorrow. That way you can have the latest release complete with all the great new updates.
[Reply]
blooz4u 01:10 PM 06-16-2009
Hey Ken, did this get pulled? I can't find it in the App Store!
[Reply]
sikk50 01:42 PM 06-16-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
There's a super easy tutorial over on Ipodtouchfans.com However, wait to jail-break it until after the OS 3 release tomorrow. That way you can have the latest release complete with all the great new updates.
Will look into this thank you! Also just a heads up be careful updating tomorrow incase they didn't get everything resolved and there's a repeat of last year. Bought my 3g openning day and couldn't use it fir 3hours!

Originally Posted by blooz4u:
Hey Ken, did this get pulled? I can't find it in the App Store!
It's there, search cigar it cones up
[Reply]
blooz4u 01:45 PM 06-16-2009
Hmmm.... When I search "Cigar" in the app store, this is what I come up with:

Cigarettes Lite
Cigar
Cigar handbook for cigar lovers
Cigarettetracker
My last Cigarette
Cigarettes
Ismoke Break

Am I missing something. I know your app has showed up before, I've looked at it!
[Reply]
sikk50 01:57 PM 06-16-2009
Ok I thought you were crazy, but you're not at all, it's not there...

I think Ken said he had an update coming so probaly being replaced by the updated version today. At least that's my best guess
[Reply]
blooz4u 02:02 PM 06-16-2009
Well Andrew, I am crazy, but not blind!! :-):-)
[Reply]
sikk50 02:05 PM 06-16-2009
My bad, so often confuse the two :-)
[Reply]
BUCASmoker 04:26 PM 06-16-2009
Excited to try this out. Just searched and nothing came up.
[Reply]
KenS 05:18 PM 06-16-2009
Well, when I check my developer account, there is a section for managing applications. Version 1.1.1 shows "Ready for Sale". Version 1.1.5 shows "In Review". Absolutely nothing that indicates that they've pulled the app, yet clearly they have done so. Kinda sucks, but ultimately my own fault. I waited too long to get the update posted for the crashing bug in the new iPhone OS, trying instead to get a bunch of new features included. At the last minute, I went ahead and fixed the couple of small changes needed for compatibility with OS3.0. But I'm sure they pulled the app in the meantime, because the new OS is being released tomorrow.

Hopefully Apple will hurry up and post the new version, and all will be back to normal. In the meantime, I'm working to get the new features finished for a 2.0 release.

I could get all upset at Apple, but I simply waited too long, so lesson learned. I'll post back here when the update becomes available. Thanks for your patience guys...
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 05:27 PM 06-16-2009
Thanks for the update Ken.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 34
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up