Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>iPhone Cigar App ... need beta testers
mkr160 04:05 PM 03-14-2009
Ken I myself like the one on the right with the sizes under the names. Its nice to see the sizes on the same page.
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:15 PM 03-14-2009
Even though I'm not a beta tester I like the one on the right. I agree it is great to have sizes available on that screen instead of having to click or scroll.
[Reply]
HK3- 04:22 PM 03-14-2009
I like the one on the right much better Ken. Like we discussed before- when you're searching through looking to figure out what a particular smoke is in your hand... it's easier to see the sizes up front instead of playing the guessing game clicking each name to see the size. my 2 coins. :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:26 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by HK3-:
I like the one on the right much better Ken. Like we discussed before- when you're searching through looking to figure out what a particular smoke is in your hand... it's easier to see the sizes up front instead of playing the guessing game clicking each name to see the size. my 2 coins. :-)
You mean these Hal ----> :-) :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 04:27 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
You mean these Hal ----> :-) :-)
Yep them :-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 04:47 PM 03-14-2009
I have a buddy that can't wait for this to be released :-)
[Reply]
Lee 04:56 PM 03-14-2009
I like the one on the right as well.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 05:50 PM 03-14-2009
This is becoming a nice little app as I continue to play with it. I am curious what you think of allowing the user to add a brand. I have several cigars that are out of production that are rarely heard off. It would be nice for me to be able to add those for the heck of it. Maybe a special selection humidor or something.
[Reply]
sikk50 06:05 PM 03-14-2009
Ken, I sent you an email
[Reply]
HK3- 06:19 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Ken, I sent you an email
Tonight is Kens Anniversary so I wouldn't expect to hear much from him this evening. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigBruce 07:34 PM 03-14-2009
Just got done adding one of my vino's and I love the program. Was wondering why there is no month for CC cigars. I just entered it into the box code but think I'd like to have a month and year box. As for picking out the cigars I like the cleaner look on the left. Also where do I put my clear havana's? They are cuban and non cuban. :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 07:59 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by BigBruce:
Just got done adding one of my vino's and I love the program. Was wondering why there is no month for CC cigars. I just entered it into the box code but think I'd like to have a month and year box. As for picking out the cigars I like the cleaner look on the left. Also where do I put my clear havana's? They are cuban and non cuban. :-)
Put them in a box and mail them to me. :-)
[Reply]
KenS 08:46 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
This is becoming a nice little app as I continue to play with it. I am curious what you think of allowing the user to add a brand. I have several cigars that are out of production that are rarely heard off. It would be nice for me to be able to add those for the heck of it. Maybe a special selection humidor or something.
From the Cuban/Non-Cuban page, simply click the add button and add a new cigar. You'll have the opportunity to add a new brand to it. Any cigar in the reference section that has a unique brand will cause that brand to show up in the brand list. Nothing special about brand :-)
[Reply]
Sr Mike 09:43 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
From the Cuban/Non-Cuban page, simply click the add button and add a new cigar. You'll have the opportunity to add a new brand to it. Any cigar in the reference section that has a unique brand will cause that brand to show up in the brand list. Nothing special about brand :-)
Oh cool. For some reason I have over looked that I could add a new brand.

I am currently looking at the J. Fuego, it has one so far, the Corojo #1. I have the Corojo #5 I added it the the J. Fuego page. What I would like, instead of backing up to the cigar list, it would be nice to have an add button on the J. Fuego page. There is an edit button that allows me to delete the cigars on the J. Fuego page.

Did that make any sense?
[Reply]
KenS 09:50 PM 03-14-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
Oh cool. For some reason I have over looked that I could add a new brand.

I am currently looking at the J. Fuego, it has one so far, the Corojo #1. I have the Corojo #5 I added it the the J. Fuego page. What I would like, instead of backing up to the cigar list, it would be nice to have an add button on the J. Fuego page. There is an edit button that allows me to delete the cigars on the J. Fuego page.

Did that make any sense?
yes, and that's done for the next beta release. If you look at the screenshots I posted earlier today, you'll see there is now a toolbar at the bottom of the page with "Add Cigar". This will make it much easier to complete a list of cigars for a particular brand. Is that what you mean?
[Reply]
Sr Mike 10:34 PM 03-14-2009
Ah! That will work.
[Reply]
rudy3 01:20 AM 03-15-2009
Originally Posted by KenS:
More input needed :-)

Here are two versions of the cigar listing for a particular brand. The one on the left is the current version. The one on the right is what I'm thinking of changing to. The thought is that having the size in the listing makes it easier to pick out a particular cigar from the list. But it is a bit 'busier' looking. With the newer view, I could also add a button to sort by RG or by Length.

Which do you like better??

Image Image
I like the one on the right. It eliminates one movement in the app with one screen.
[Reply]
promethius 08:26 AM 03-15-2009
I like the one on the right
[Reply]
tunes 09:01 AM 03-15-2009
My vote goes to the one on the right & I don't even have an iPhone :-)
[Reply]
King James 09:41 AM 03-15-2009
one on the right is cool :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up