Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Pete Johnson goes Vampire!
chenvt 12:06 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
That also means "We are opening all of our boxes to check for the golden ticket, because the boss would love a new Ducati, and we can then bend you fanboys over for an even higher margin. Have a nice day."
LOL Pete.. If a B&M gets it (which wouldn't surprise me), that'll be hilarious
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:07 PM 10-22-2009
scavenger hunt???? What the heck does that mean, Daniel?
[Reply]
chenvt 12:09 PM 10-22-2009
scavenger hunt???? What the heck does that mean, Daniel?
One shop did the "Spooky Scavenger Hunt" where you had to be on their site surfing the Pete Johnson cigar areas at a certain time and something randomly pops up for you to buy the dracs... That's just what I was told over the phone
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:09 PM 10-22-2009
that also means "we are opening all of our boxes to check for the golden ticket, because the boss would love a new ducati, and we can then bend you fanboys over for an even higher margin. Have a nice day."
quoted for truth!!!
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:12 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by chenvt:
One shop did the "Spooky Scavenger Hunt" where you had to be on their site surfing the Pete Johnson cigar areas at a certain time and something randomly pops up for you to buy the dracs... That's just what I was told over the phone
yep, i (semi-professionally) posted my dissatisfaction on that local Columbus Ohio B&M's facebook webpage and he deleted it without even trying to acknowledge it, etc... what a piece of horse dung.
[Reply]
chenvt 12:18 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
yep, i (semi-professionally) posted my dissatisfaction on that local Columbus Ohio B&M's facebook webpage and he deleted it without even trying to acknowledge it, etc... what a piece of horse dung.
Shops can do what they want... like I said, just wasn't worth the effort of making sure I'm home at my PC on what was an awesome Saturday afternoon :-)
[Reply]
acarr 12:28 PM 10-22-2009
Bribery is the name of the game and it will cost you a little more but if you really want them, that is what it is gonna take.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:28 PM 10-22-2009
nice....I'm waiting to get my email notification that one of the local B&M's is selling 'em...I'm on the list...wonder what'll happen.
[Reply]
marge796 02:28 PM 10-22-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:

:-)

I read about this, what a knuckle head!!!
[Reply]
LockOut 02:49 PM 10-22-2009
they dont care what people think, they are going to sell out of dracs either way with such a high demand. They dont care if they piss people off our lie to people. money is money to them.
[Reply]
RightAJ 02:33 PM 10-23-2009
Got a message from Holts saying they were in, so I call back and they're gone.

Sooooo pissed right now... I pity the next person to bother me:-)

aj
[Reply]
Ahbroody 03:36 PM 10-23-2009
Lo Lo
Well now is the time to jump on petes next stick I guess. I heard something about a tubo? and blacks being released soon. Quick everyone. Lets run around with our hair on fire again.

So done with this ****
[Reply]
stearns 04:42 PM 10-23-2009
i agree, im done with running around with my hair on fire as well

however, im still gonna keep trying to get these sticks. the thrill of the hunt, or something like that

stearns
[Reply]
Hendy 05:19 PM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Lo Lo
Well now is the time to jump on petes next stick I guess. I heard something about a tubo? and blacks being released soon. Quick everyone. Lets run around with our hair on fire again.

So done with this ****
There is the Black Tubo and the Verocu Tubo coming out in November. Much more of a release though.

Also, heard that the first ticket was found in Texas. Some kid named Augustas Glute.
[Reply]
kzm007 05:31 PM 10-23-2009
lol :-) made me smile, Scott.

To quote miss Veruca Salt, "I want it now!"
[Reply]
Pilon 07:02 PM 10-23-2009
I supposedly still have my name on the RI store list. I'm hoping to pick up a box of Boris too. I know the owner, but you never know. I'm not even bothering calling him to see if I'm still on the list. I'm showing up at noon on Halloween and he's either selling me the boxes or not. Way too much hype just for a box of cigars.
[Reply]
njstone 07:19 PM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by chenvt:
LOL Pete.. If a B&M gets it (which wouldn't surprise me), that'll be hilarious
Pete has always said that he's fine with a B&M winning a ticket ... it's unavoidable, as many are opening all their boxes to sell as singles or (ggggggrrr.....) put them in over-priced samplers@!

I'm suprised at how many B&Ms are getting away with charging so much MORE than MSRP for these. My buddy just got a box of Dracs at $19.95/stick and Boris at $18.50/stick. Tax was added AFTER that! That's just wrong, and I hope Pete doesn't ship those guys Monsters in the future!
[Reply]
njstone 07:20 PM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by Hendy:
There is the Black Tubo and the Verocu Tubo coming out in November. Much more of a release though.

Also, heard that the first ticket was found in Texas. Some kid named Augustas Glute.
Yep, and a buddy of mine on the CigarBid forum got a Spooky Ticket too, #13!! That's at least 2 down.
[Reply]
chenvt 07:24 PM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by njstone:
Pete has always said that he's fine with a B&M winning a ticket ... it's unavoidable, as many are opening all their boxes to sell as singles or (ggggggrrr.....) put them in over-priced samplers@!

I'm suprised at how many B&Ms are getting away with charging so much MORE than MSRP for these. My buddy just got a box of Dracs at $19.95/stick and Boris at $18.50/stick. Tax was added AFTER that! That's just wrong, and I hope Pete doesn't ship those guys Monsters in the future!
Yeah I got a call on a box of dracs from the one place I gave my info on a wait list.. it was $198 for the box shipped.. booooo
[Reply]
Mr.Goodfella 07:25 PM 10-23-2009
Originally Posted by Pilon:
I supposedly still have my name on the RI store list. I'm hoping to pick up a box of Boris too. I know the owner, but you never know. I'm not even bothering calling him to see if I'm still on the list. I'm showing up at noon on Halloween and he's either selling me the boxes or not. Way too much hype just for a box of cigars.
I will see you there, my box is confirmed:-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up