« First < 678 910 > Last »
Sports>We are for real this year!!!!
Blueface 08:47 AM 01-10-2010
They rose to the challenge.
Congrats!
[Reply]
coastietech 02:46 PM 01-10-2010
Off to San Diego!!!

Would much rather play San Diego than Peyton and the Colts, I'm not gonna lie.

I think it will be a great match-up and will finally showcase how good our team is if we can go there and win.

I think the weather will help Sanchez play better than he did this week, although it takes away our cold weather advantage. I think we will stick with the same game plan, run, run, run, and lights out defense.
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:31 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by coastietech:
Off to San Diego!!!

Would much rather play San Diego than Peyton and the Colts, I'm not gonna lie.

I think it will be a great match-up and will finally showcase how good our team is if we can go there and win.

I think the weather will help Sanchez play better than he did this week, although it takes away our cold weather advantage. I think we will stick with the same game plan, run, run, run, and lights out defense.
I was hoping to see the Jets next weekend. too bad.
[Reply]
pnoon 05:35 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
I was hoping to see the Jets next weekend. too bad.
I'll bet you're bummed, Vic.
Now Peyton & Co. will have to figure out how to beat the Chargers. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 06:32 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Your gonna have to make you way through us first. If you think its gonna be an easy game your crazy. Your defense is nowhere near as good as the Bengals defense was supposed to be, so we'll run all over the Bolts. Our defense has stood up to much better offenses, including the Saints, and kept them to under 14 points, so I don't see this game being the run away that San Diego fans think its gonna be.

Your odds of winning this game would have been much better if you were hosting the Pats...
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:50 PM 01-10-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
We shall see Peter. My thoughts re: the Jets and Sancheese haven't changed, question right is how the Colts will play against the Ravens.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:05 PM 01-10-2010
Your gonna have to make you way through us first. If you think its gonna be an easy game your crazy. Your defense is nowhere near as good as the Bengals defense was supposed to be, so we'll run all over the Bolts. Our defense has stood up to much better offenses, including the Saints, and kept them to under 14 points, so I don't see this game being the run away that San Diego fans think its gonna be.

Your odds of winning this game would have been much better if you were hosting the Pats...
You are obviously a devout fan, Joe. But, according to you, the playoffs and Super Bowl really don't need to be played because the Jets are head and shoulders above everybody else in the league.
Your gonna have to make you way through us first.
Last time I checked, the Chargers are at home with a record of 13-3. I could say the same to you. The Jets have to make their way thru San Diego.
If you think its gonna be an easy game your crazy.
While I may be crazy, I certainly don't think any NFL playoff game is "easy".
Your defense is nowhere near as good as the Bengals defense was supposed to be, so we'll run all over the Bolts.
First of all, it is not my defense. However, do not under estimate the Chargers defense. And c'mon, the Bengals D was supposed to be good. To that I say :-)
Our defense has stood up to much better offenses, including the Saints, and kept them to under 14 points, so I don't see this game being the run away that San Diego fans think its gonna be.
This San Diego fan doesn't think it will be a runaway.
Do you have numbers to back that claim? I'm just asking.

Bottom line is that it should be a helluva game.
[Reply]
Vigiles 08:33 PM 01-10-2010
I was surprised to see the jets win that game actually. I think the bengals were overrated all season, but still. Before that game I wouldn't have given the Jets a chance to beat the Chargers, but now I think its going to be a very good game!

On another note, the NFC is looking STRONG! Should be interesting to see how things shake out.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:06 PM 01-10-2010
Bookmarking this thread with a post for my Bwahahahahahaha post next weekend.
[Reply]
Whee 09:15 PM 01-10-2010
This is going to be painful.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:19 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bookmarking this thread with a post for my Bwahahahahahaha post next weekend.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
coastietech 10:12 AM 01-11-2010
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the game plays out...

I think the Jets will have a very good chance at beating the Bolts... The only 2 teams that San Deigo has played that plays smashmouth defense like we do, the Steelers and the Ravens, beat them.

The Jets will be pitting their #1 running game against San Deigo's #20 running defense...

I think this game will come down to clock management and defense. The Jets defense has played well against other great passing games throughout the season, think Drew Breese, Brady, and Peyton, so I don't forsee them getting murdered during this game. With that said if this becomes a shootout, the Jets will lose. If the Jets can control the tempo of the game and keep the Bolts defense on the field for long drives and keep the Bolts offense going 3 and out they will be able to stay in it.

I don't foresee Jackson being that much of a threat, and I'm more worried about Gates being used against the Jets like a Wes Welker type player. I foresee Rivers trying to hit him in the middle of the field on crosses and such.

I'm not worried about the Bolts run game and don't think it will be much of a threat since it hasn't been all year. I'm worried about how our defense will adjust to this game. I think if they leave Revis on Jackson and box Gates they will be okay. I don't see rushing Rivers and a winning tactic since he plays very well under pressure and can pick apart secondaries when your rushing 7 men.

I'm hoping Sanchez can have another game like he did last week and I think he'll have a better chance getting people open in the backfield with the Bolts stacking 8 and 9 in the box. I think the o-line will have it's biggest challenge cover players coming in from the outside and will definitely show whether Sanchez is poised in the pocket or still playing like a rookie.

Overall I think this will be a great match-up. I think this game will come down to the wire. In my opinion clock management, field position, penalties, and simple mistakes will decide this game more than raw talent.

Can't wait for Sun!!!
[Reply]
Blueface 10:49 AM 01-11-2010
Joe,
I hope like heck the Jets win or the thrashing you will get will be one for the ages.:-)
I think they are already lining up to get first dibs.:-)
Just like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GJkKMPHxw
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:17 PM 01-11-2010
I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the game plays out...

I think the Jets will have a very good chance at beating the Bolts... The only 2 teams that San Deigo has played that plays smashmouth defense like we do, the Steelers and the Ravens, beat them.

The Jets will be pitting their #1 running game against San Deigo's #20 running defense...

I think this game will come down to clock management and defense. The Jets defense has played well against other great passing games throughout the season, think Drew Breese, Brady, and Peyton, so I don't forsee them getting murdered during this game. With that said if this becomes a shootout, the Jets will lose. If the Jets can control the tempo of the game and keep the Bolts defense on the field for long drives and keep the Bolts offense going 3 and out they will be able to stay in it.

I don't foresee Jackson being that much of a threat, and I'm more worried about Gates being used against the Jets like a Wes Welker type player. I foresee Rivers trying to hit him in the middle of the field on crosses and such.

I'm not worried about the Bolts run game and don't think it will be much of a threat since it hasn't been all year. I'm worried about how our defense will adjust to this game. I think if they leave Revis on Jackson and box Gates they will be okay. I don't see rushing Rivers and a winning tactic since he plays very well under pressure and can pick apart secondaries when your rushing 7 men.

I'm hoping Sanchez can have another game like he did last week and I think he'll have a better chance getting people open in the backfield with the Bolts stacking 8 and 9 in the box. I think the o-line will have it's biggest challenge cover players coming in from the outside and will definitely show whether Sanchez is poised in the pocket or still playing like a rookie.

Overall I think this will be a great match-up. I think this game will come down to the wire. In my opinion clock management, field position, penalties, and simple mistakes will decide this game more than raw talent.

Can't wait for Sun!!!
I'm curious since you appear to live in Florida, have you actually seen any of the Jets football games other than this past playoff game? Or is your analysis based on newspaper and other media reports?

Cause trust me, I have and "smashmouth" they ain't , :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 02:32 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
I'm curious since you appear to live in Florida, have you actually seen any of the Jets football games other than this past playoff game? Or is your analysis based on newspaper and other media reports?

Cause trust me, I have and "smashmouth" they ain't , :-)
Come on Vic.
Keep it in perspective here.
Joe is talking about the Jets.
Poor guy has not had this joy of seeing a playoff win in God only can remember how long.
He gets excited.
Loses concept of what is.
Hence this "invincible" theory.:-)

Joe,
Just having fun at your expense.
I am off the Cowboys thread now to see if I can piss them off too.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:54 PM 01-11-2010
It ain't over 'til the Fat Lady Bwahahahahahahas. :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 03:12 PM 01-11-2010
Funny how all the people who's teams are already home and watching from the sidelines come into this one and others to talk smack... :-)

Must be easy to talk sh!t when your team can't lose because they already home. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 03:21 PM 01-11-2010
Funny how all the people who's teams are already home and watching from the sidelines come into this one and others to talk smack... :-)

Must be easy to talk sh!t when your team can't lose because they already home. :-)
Now I wouldn;t say that. Vic is a proud member of the Horseshoe Mafia, as am I, and had we not laid down, you wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

Not everybody's team at home, is done for the season.

Just sayin....

[Reply]
Blueface 03:23 PM 01-11-2010

:-)

Joe,
Thing is, in the end, all except one team will be standing.
Lots will join us at home.
May even likely include the Jets.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:53 PM 01-11-2010
As I have said before, the Jets are my neighbors and so I cannot wish them ill. But I still won't be convinced they are not just teasing their fans until they win again and make it to the AFC Final. If they can beat the Chargers in Sandyeggo, then I'll give them more props.

Hey, who knows? They could pull off the same miracle the Giants did a few years back!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up