Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 678 910 >
General Discussion>Pet peeves lets hear em.
Kreth 11:54 AM 04-28-2010
Pet peeve in the form of a PSA: If you're driving a dump truck/tractor/school bus/rusted out POS that couldn't break 40 downhill with a tailwind, and you look in the mirror and see a line of vehicles stretching back out of sight, pull the f**k over and let them pass.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sargeantroppe 12:00 PM 04-28-2010
Mine's being predictable. I hate it when a conversation goes exactly the way I think it will. haha
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:28 PM 04-28-2010
I hate pet peeve threads.
[Reply]
E.J. 01:24 PM 04-28-2010
One of my biggest and I don’t think I have seen it mentioned….

I hate seeing people leave their shopping carts next to their cars in the parking lot. Or prop it up on the curbing/landscape area. It being MUCH, MUCH too difficult for them to walk it to a cart return or back into the store…. Probably the same people who ***** about a cart ding….

Originally Posted by Junior:
Here is another one that really chaps my a$$. It is people that will not stay at a constant speed on the highway. I had a 30 mile stretch of highway that I was on Saturday, and passed the same car 4 times. They of course stayed in the left lane the entire time. People if you can’t manage your speed use the cruise control.
That is a good one and bothersome…. More so, because I feel self conscious that their passengers may feel like I am the offender. If on the open road, I use speed control….ALWAYS.
[Reply]
Darrell 01:26 PM 04-28-2010
Cigarette smokers chain smoking in the shop. They buy a pack, sit down, and chain smoke the ****ing thing for an hour, leave their empty package and mess for me to clean up. Granted it's my job to clean up, but most people have the common courtesy of disposing of their own trash and I take care of wiping the table and ashtrays.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:30 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
I hate pet peeve threads.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:31 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Cigarette smokers chain smoking in the shop. They buy a pack, sit down, and chain smoke the ****ing thing for an hour, leave their empty package and mess for me to clean up. Granted it's my job to clean up, but most people have the common courtesy of disposing of their own trash and I take care of wiping the table and ashtrays.

Sick. I hope they are using different ashtrays other than what the cigar smokers are using. I hate the smell of cigarettes and cigarette butts:-)
[Reply]
Darrell 01:37 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Sick. I hope they are using different ashtrays other than what the cigar smokers are using. I hate the smell of cigarettes and cigarette butts:-)
Nah, same ashtrays. I empty them when they leave and spray and wipe them down with Windex and a rag.
[Reply]
D_A 02:22 PM 04-28-2010
People that are in too much of a hurry to stop at a stopsign, pull out right in front of you even though there is nobody behind you, and then drive 10 mph under the speed limit.
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 02:31 PM 04-28-2010
Slow drivers in the left lane! :-)
[Reply]
1badhog07 04:25 PM 04-28-2010
Well i dont know if this was posted,but i hate it when people eat they smack with there mouth open full of food..
[Reply]
1badhog07 04:27 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
CALL IT JOB SECURITY:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:30 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
People who can't be bothered to cough up a "Thank you" if you hold a door or perform some other small courtesy for them.
people who ignore the "Lane closed" signs for a mile, then expect you to let them merge at the last second.
You hit a couple of my big ones right on the head. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 05:00 PM 04-28-2010
Gravy boats fully of jelly beans.

MCS
[Reply]
icehog3 05:02 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Gravy boats fully of jelly beans.

MCS
These are a few of my favorite things....

ADB
[Reply]
thebayratt 05:09 PM 04-28-2010
That reminds me of another one: people who ignore the "Lane closed" signs for a mile, then expect you to let them merge at the last second.
Had it happen to me today and I didn't let them in. I was in a tandem axle flatbed truck and they got behind me and I road it in 1st gear through the whole 2mile construction zone........ just to prove a point.

Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I hate...HATE...SUV drivers (man or woman) on their cell phones doing 50mph in the far left lane!
I hate that too. I wish my state would make it illegal for ALL drivers on cell phones to be issued a ticket. I have a CDL license and I can be fined $2500 if i'm seen using my phone while driving......... why can't everone else!

I work in retail and we are supposed to great every customer we come past. I usually say " Hey, how are ya doing?". What is my peeve is when they don't acknowldge me, look right at me in eyes, and walk by.... I usually say "thats good to hear!" and keep on walking.... Then you get the A-holes who won't speak back to you but hollar at you from 20ft away, after you try and great them, wanting you to help them.... i keep on walking. (If you were too good to talk to me then, why do you want to talk to me now?!??!!)
[Reply]
Kreth 07:40 PM 04-28-2010
Originally Posted by GHC_Hambone:
Slow drivers in the left lane! :-)
With their right turn signal on.

For 10 miles. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
rizzle 09:27 AM 04-29-2010
Groups of bicyclists that don't ride single file and don't obey the rules of the road. Drives me freaking crazy.

And at least every couple of years, never fails, a car plows through a big group of them and a bunch of people get hurt bad or killed. Then they all say the same thing, we were all single file, obeying traffic rules,blah, blah, blah. Yeah, right. I see what you do every day.

I almost ran over an old man this morning because he tried to come flying across the street from the sidewalk while I was YIELDING, not STOPPING, to merge into oncoming traffic. Dude looks at me like I did something wrong. Uh, when you're on the sidewalk, you yield to moving traffic. Jackazz.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:41 AM 04-29-2010
Pictures of matchstick men.

MCS
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:03 AM 04-29-2010
People who post things like ASAP and URGENT on such trivial things that don't need to be tended to immediately.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 678 910 >
Up