« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Entertainment>True Blood
baldanders 01:05 AM 07-15-2010
I like the show a lot but wish they would keep it closer to the books
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:53 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by baldanders:
I like the show a lot but wish they would keep it closer to the books
Not really possible. 60% of the books is Sookie's thought processes. Shows with heavy voiceover narrative tend to be pretty boring. Also, since they are doing the show from multiple perspectives, they need to fill in all those blanks about how the other characters get where they wind up later in the story.

Laughed when the king busted out his cigars and quoted Kipling about women and cigars.
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 11:00 AM 07-19-2010
Loved the cigar smoking scene the week before last.
[Reply]
Wanger 11:05 AM 07-19-2010
You could tell that the king was an actual cigar smoker, while Bill was not. Just look at how each of them was holding the cigar. You could see how uncomfortable Bill was. And the king actually knew how to light it. LOL

The wife and I love this show. :-) We're catching up with the previous seasons, too. We're halfway through season 2 now.
[Reply]
ade06 01:59 PM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
You could tell that the king was an actual cigar smoker, while Bill was not. Just look at how each of them was holding the cigar. You could see how uncomfortable Bill was. And the king actually knew how to light it. LOL
Or just good acting (e.g., Bill was acting as if he wasn't really a cigar smoker).

I've never read the books, so the twists and turns of HBO's True Blood, keep me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait to see if/when/how Eric gets his Vikings revenge! Also, what's with Sokkie's new power? Is that in the books?
[Reply]
Wolfgang 05:49 PM 07-19-2010
She is a Fairy.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 06:07 PM 07-19-2010
Should probably give spoiler warnings before posting things like that. They've changed a number of things from the books, but still.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 06:40 PM 07-19-2010
the same POWER happened in season two.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:36 PM 07-19-2010
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
the same POWER happened in season two.
Yup, she used it on Marianne.
[Reply]
Rock Star 12:52 AM 07-20-2010
I love this show..saw every episode and cant wait til the next..i think eric and bill are gonna end up taking over somehow
[Reply]
cbsmokin 07:58 AM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
Love this show...it's been such an epic vampire series so far. Also, with them being on HBO and able to say what they want and show what they want is nice too.

My only concern is that there is a smaaaall possibility that they turn this series into a vampire soap opera. So far they've managed to avoid that and I'm hoping they can in the future.

But yeah, really enjoyed the first episode this season. They're laying out some really interesting story lines to follow through with and I think that this season will pan out nicely :-)
HBO is really good about ending a show when it is done. Think Six Feet Under for example. They could have easily scripted a few more seasons out of it. I really wish I could have seen the end of Deadwood and Carnival though. Apparently both were just far too expensive to produce. Oh well.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:30 AM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
HBO is really good about ending a show when it is done. Think Six Feet Under for example. They could have easily scripted a few more seasons out of it. I really wish I could have seen the end of Deadwood and Carnival though. Apparently both were just far too expensive to produce. Oh well.
Yup, I am still miffed with the way Deadwood left us hanging. :-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 11:03 AM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Me too, but it could have been worse. The way they decided to end Rome was to shove 3 seasons worth of story line into two episodes. Horrible.
[Reply]
ade06 11:12 AM 07-20-2010
I thought that HBO did a great job of ending The Wire. I hope True Blood goes for at least 5 seasons as well.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 01:12 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I'm with you. I thought I heard that the final episodes were to appear on-line, but I never saw anything.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:30 PM 07-20-2010
Originally Posted by cbsmokin:
I'm with you. I thought I heard that the final episodes were to appear on-line, but I never saw anything.
Originally Milch said there would be two 3 hour movies, made for HBO, that would wrap up the series. Then he got more interested in "John From Cincinnati".
[Reply]
kugie 11:13 PM 08-20-2010
One of the greatest lines

"Say Hello to the true DEATH"
[Reply]
Brutus2600 11:29 PM 08-20-2010
Just caught up and watched the last three episodes.

Great storyline...really enjoying it. The fight between Sookie and the werewolf chick was utterly idiotic though. I literally was laughing out loud at how ridiculous it looked.
[Reply]
QUAZY50 02:37 PM 08-25-2010
I love this show.. but I really think Anna Paquin is a terrible actress. Favorite characters are Eric, Russell, and the red headed vampire, I forgot her name.
[Reply]
kugie 02:58 AM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by QUAZY50:
I love this show.. but I really think Anna Paquin is a terrible actress. Favorite characters are Eric, Russell, and the red headed vampire, I forgot her name.

Jessica

And she's "hawt"
[Reply]
Page 8 of 20
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up