Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>what's the WORST cigar you've smoked?
sevans105 06:06 PM 09-27-2010
I officially had my WORST cigar today. Ordered a box off of Famous. Decent reviews online, very reasonable price...paid about 45 for a box of 20.

Carinos Maduro Churchill.

Should have known it was gonna be weird when I cut it and the wrapper and the filler were VERY different colors. Definitely a dyed maduro. Very bitter upon lighting, and NEVER EVER EVER got better. I kept hoping, kept giving it the benefit of the doubt. BLEH. Actually lit up the nub of a cigar I had smoked earlier that day to get the taste out of my mouth.

Learned my lesson. You get what you pay for. Dang it. I hate learning that lesson.
[Reply]
ODLS1 07:17 PM 09-27-2010
Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real was my first and I did not like it. Barely better than a cigarette, which I hate. I talked to the guy who runs the humidor and he knows my taste in beer so he recommended The Edge Maduro, which I enjoyed, but wanted even more. So, I've had a pretty expensive taste from the get go. I always want more flavor. CAO America was pretty bad too. Tried that for the 4th of July.
[Reply]
Bunker 07:23 PM 09-27-2010
Carlos Torana Casa Torano, the first cigar in years that I gave up on after only an inch or so. I would rather smoke an Optimo Palma.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:24 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by Bunker:
Carlos Torana Casa Torano, the first cigar in years that I gave up on after only an inch or so. I would rather smoke an Optimo Palma.
Really?? Was it the maduro version? If so, just goes to show the different tastes. Because I LOVE those!! Never had the natural.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:33 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by sevans105:
I officially had my WORST cigar today. Ordered a box off of Famous. Decent reviews online, very reasonable price...paid about 45 for a box of 20.

Should have known it was gonna be weird when I cut it and the wrapper and the filler were VERY different colors. Definitely a dyed maduro. Very bitter upon lighting, and NEVER EVER EVER got better. I kept hoping, kept giving it the benefit of the doubt. BLEH. Actually lit up the nub of a cigar I had smoked earlier that day to get the taste out of my mouth.

Learned my lesson. You get what you pay for. Dang it. I hate learning that lesson.
Famous 3000 are the exception to the rule, give em a try if you have not allready:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 07:35 PM 09-27-2010
Sorry to hear the reserva real wasn't good, sure it wasn't a dud? LOVE that cigar.

Would also like to add

for now
Graycliff G2
Tat - Red Tubo

I think they were duds....only time will tell.
[Reply]
Bunker 07:45 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Really?? Was it the maduro version? If so, just goes to show the different tastes. Because I LOVE those!! Never had the natural.
It was the natural (CT?), maybe I just got a bad one but it has turned me off from Torano.
[Reply]
jeepthing 08:04 PM 09-27-2010
Tierra del Sol, Gurka Serpia any of the Macanudo
[Reply]
gijoey959 12:03 AM 09-28-2010
My worst was a CAO America, tried it twice, and made it halfway twice vomiting afterwords twice

Needless to say, I was hesitant to try the La Traviata, but glad I did, made up for wasting money on a dog rocket that costs more than some of my favorites
[Reply]
DaBear 12:24 AM 09-28-2010
CAO La Traviata. Maybe I just got a bad one, but barely made it halfway through the stick before I couldn't stand it anymore. There was no draw with how loose it was, the flavor just tasted harsh and like heat, and the burn wasn't great.
[Reply]
Ratters 12:32 AM 09-28-2010
Toss up between the Free Cuba and the Drew Estate Egg Maduro. Well, I only dry heaved the Free Cuba, I actually threw up smoking the Egg, so, probably the Egg.
[Reply]
Rocketmann 04:57 AM 09-28-2010
Anything with the word Camacho on it.
[Reply]
nick2021 05:18 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Sorry to hear the reserva real wasn't good, sure it wasn't a dud? LOVE that cigar.

Would also like to add

for now
Graycliff G2
Tat - Red Tubo

I think they were duds....only time will tell.
x2 on the Graycliff G2..will also add the Graycliff Espresso PG. Although, I've heard the double espresso is much better
[Reply]
hammondc 02:28 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by sevans105:

The 3000s are pretty decent for yard smokes...
[Reply]
hammondc 02:28 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Famous 3000 are the exception to the rule, give em a try if you have not allready:-)
Looks like you beat me to the above comment.
[Reply]
hammondc 02:33 PM 09-30-2010
The worst I have ever had was a Camacho Havana. The old kind with the red/gold foil type band. So vegetal it was like eating brocolli. Nasty smoke, smelled horrible and probably to worst tunneling ever. Maybe it was a bad one, but I get a bit nauseous thinking about it.
[Reply]
ujponds 05:21 PM 09-30-2010
Originally Posted by DaBear:
CAO La Traviata. Maybe I just got a bad one, but barely made it halfway through the stick before I couldn't stand it anymore. There was no draw with how loose it was, the flavor just tasted harsh and like heat, and the burn wasn't great.
Had to be a dud. These are one of my go to smokes. I have had a few duds, but on the whole I'm a fan.
[Reply]
Yardgnome 06:27 PM 09-30-2010
Anything Perdomo, I've tried 10-12 of them and they just don't taste good to me.
[Reply]
nayslayer 07:47 PM 09-30-2010
Ha, I like the guy so thought i'd try his smokes and picked up a 4 pack of George Lopez Tonight sticks...at this point, the worst stick i've had, maybe some age will help, who knows
[Reply]
nick2021 01:40 AM 10-01-2010
Graycliff Espresso PG...had two and didn't care for them. Maybe they needed rest, dunno. It's the only thing holding me back from trying the double espresso.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up