Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 22
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
General Discussion>Motorcycle Thread..
jmsremax 02:02 PM 07-23-2010
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I should have also mentioned that some of the same people on said local forum bash any and all things Ducati so I guess it wasn't really a surprise.
According to them, all Ducati owners purchase them for posing at Starbucks and that's about it.
:-)

I love everything about ducatis but I couldn't drive one for more than 10 minutes. My back was sore as hell and this was towards the end of the season and I had been riding my GSXR for the entire summer so I was used to how agressive their riders stance was.
[Reply]
HK3- 08:45 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I should have also mentioned that some of the same people on said local forum bash any and all things Ducati so I guess it wasn't really a surprise.
According to them, all Ducati owners purchase them for posing at Starbucks and that's about it.
Ha! I for one cant stand Starbucks coffee. My wife drinks it, but for me it's like hot mud. I'm a gas station kinda coffee dude.

I think a lot of people bash ducati because they didn't go that route. It's a parallel with people who buy mustangs imo. Cheap horsepower. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 09:00 AM 07-25-2010
I am one who really doesn't care what another rides, whatever gets you on 2 wheels and you enjoy. That being said, I get my HD worked on at the local Ducati dealership. Great mecchs and a decent hourly rate. I had my metrics worked on there as well. As I have discussed with them as I waited on work, the Ducati is a bike someone buys for the "difference".

The bikes are the crudest in a appearance that I have seen amongst modern bikes. Welding left raw (not ground and finished), parts look to be bolted on where ever their is a space on the frame it will fit, etc. Even the salesman agrees with me. Although I see a few differences in the different bikes, basically they look a like to me. I assume the engineering is as good as advertised which will make them worth the cost, but they could use a little help in the aesthetics department.
[Reply]
HK3- 11:19 AM 07-25-2010
Originally Posted by Volt:
I am one who really doesn't care what another rides, whatever gets you on 2 wheels and you enjoy. That being said, I get my HD worked on at the local Ducati dealership. Great mecchs and a decent hourly rate. I had my metrics worked on there as well. As I have discussed with them as I waited on work, the Ducati is a bike someone buys for the "difference".

The bikes are the crudest in a appearance that I have seen amongst modern bikes. Welding left raw (not ground and finished), parts look to be bolted on where ever their is a space on the frame it will fit, etc. Even the salesman agrees with me. Although I see a few differences in the different bikes, basically they look a like to me. I assume the engineering is as good as advertised which will make them worth the cost, but they could use a little help in the aesthetics department.
You've hurt my feelings. :-) Very true. Like children, everyone likes their own more than others. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:47 PM 07-25-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
You've hurt my feelings. :-) Very true. Like children, everyone likes their own more than others. :-)
In the past 5 years I have owned 2 Hondas, 1 Yamaha and a HD. I don't have a brand that I am stuck on, just how each particular bike meets my current needs. Never understood this "alligence" thing to a manufacturer.... Well, maybe I would if they were paying me to ride it :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 09:46 AM 07-26-2010
Anyone tried the Pirelli Angel ST tires yet? Thinking about ordering a set because they are the dual compound... My current Metzler Racetec K2's are wearing fast. I don't do track days so I really don't need a track tire.
[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 07:49 PM 07-26-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
My first post on this thread. Wanted to see if I was qualified to be here.
Keep the rubber side down.
I like the lines of that bike...NICE. :-):-)
[Reply]
LockOut 12:32 PM 07-27-2010
Figured i should post some of my baby. 08 1000rr with a fair bit of go fast mods. However the best mod i can say for sure has been seat time at the track.

PS yes i know it has bad chicken strips on it, the tires had 30 miles on it when i took the photos. I had just put it together this spring.

[Reply]
iRiSh 11:32 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by LockOut:
Figured i should post some of my baby. 08 1000rr with a fair bit of go fast mods. However the best mod i can say for sure has been seat time at the track.

PS yes i know it has bad chicken strips on it, the tires had 30 miles on it when i took the photos. I had just put it together this spring.

Thats a nice ride brother!:-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:19 PM 08-03-2010
Those chicken strips aren't that bad. Nice bike too boot.
[Reply]
weak_link 10:47 AM 08-04-2010
I'm giving serious thought to selling both my superbike and the supermoto to by a KTM Adventure. Being 6 hours into 'The Long Way Round' isn't helping.
[Reply]
Resipsa 11:53 AM 08-04-2010
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...y=mod_mostview

unbelievable.
[Reply]
HK3- 11:57 AM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...y=mod_mostview

unbelievable.
Rider is lucky to be alive. No helmet laws in Indiana, right?
[Reply]
Resipsa 12:05 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Rider is lucky to be alive. No helmet laws in Indiana, right?
Think he was actually riding in SD. No helmets laws there, and not wearing one. Probably there for Sturgis.
[Reply]
HK3- 12:13 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Think he was actually riding in SD. No helmets laws there, and not wearing one. Probably there for Sturgis.
Just the thought of a canoe laying in the road or coming at you like a missile while on a bike..... terrible.
[Reply]
Pass 02:03 PM 08-04-2010
Finally getting around to posting up some pics of my sled. It's an '05 Boulevard c50 (with the c90 -1500- final drive). She's been ridden hard and long and is on her second motor now (bad master barring in the first one). Over 65k miles on 'er now.

Who says road trips are hard?

This is one that was taken several years ago (before I bobbed the bike) on our way to Green Bay... I've found this photo all over the web since then lol. My buddy took it with his high speed shutter. You can hardly tell that we're moving... but we're really going about 80mph. Great pic!
Attached: 100_1706.jpg (95.6 KB) 
[Reply]
floydpink 04:52 PM 08-04-2010
This was a good friend of mine and fraternity brother. Won't stop me from riding, but saddens me a great deal and is the 5th friend I have lost to drunk drivers hitting motorcycles.

http://www.buckslocalnews.com/articl...9468464586.txt
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:03 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:
This was a good friend of mine and fraternity brother. Won't stop me from riding, but saddens me a great deal and is the 5th friend I have lost to drunk drivers hitting motorcycles.

Sorry for your loss Reminds me how truly lucky I was back in June
[Reply]
icehog3 07:05 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by floydpink:

So sorry to hear this, Pete.
[Reply]
floydpink 08:17 PM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
So sorry to hear this, Pete.
Thanks Tom, and Vic as well.

Man, 4 kids left without a father makes you really wonder if it was his time.

I can't stand drunk drivers.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 22
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up