Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 129
« First < 678 9101858108 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 10:33 AM 01-17-2009
I have one official weigh-in, which is on Monday, but I check more than once a week just out of curiosity. My official one is the only one that matters to me.

Week 2:
Day 6

Who knows what Saturday brings on the menu. No routine for Saturdays here. I have a lot of course work to get done today too.:-)

Good luck all!
[Reply]
12stones 04:33 PM 01-17-2009
I weigh myself everyday, but have an official weigh-in once a week. I see the fluctuations in myself and they range from 2-3 lbs a day, but as long as my week-to-week keeps going... I'm good.

Oh, and if you guys aren't aware of it, www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ has a bunch of great recipes that help out. You don't have to sign up to use it.
[Reply]
goalie204 04:48 AM 01-18-2009
this week is going to be hard, going on a sales trip and will be eating in a restaurant for practically every meal. Oh boy. They have workout rooms in a lot of the hotels i picked, I am GOING to start exercising and stop putting it off damnit
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:34 AM 01-18-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
In any case, watching what you eat and being active is more important than the actual weight loss. The loss is more of a side benefit. I'd rather be my weight now and exercising regularly and being fit, than being my ideal weight and not.
That is exactly how I am trying to approach this. I realize that as I am approaching 50 my body has just changed. I need to eat smaller portions and healthier foods. That does not mean that I can't have the occasional rack of ribs or a plate of chicken wings. It just means that I need to be eating smarter on a daily basis and getting regular exercise. Slowly but surely it is a lifestyle change not a diet.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:06 AM 01-19-2009
today is the first day of the rest of my life, starting it off with 1/2c Oatmeal, 1c Milk, 1/2ts of ground cinnamon
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 07:14 AM 01-19-2009
not sure if this was posted earlier I used it in the passed it was helpful in tracking my intake.
www.fitday.com
[Reply]
Starscream 08:35 AM 01-19-2009
Week 2 results: Down to 250lbs. Dropped another 4lbs, a total of 11lbs since start. :-):-)
Not what I was hoping for but I'll take it. Was hoping to be in the 40s to start this week.
Nice link, Perry.:-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:40 AM 01-19-2009
thanks Andy :-) it was useful for my keto diet phase
[Reply]
kayaker 09:18 AM 01-19-2009
Way to go Andy. Nothing wrong with 4lbs down. You don't want to lose the weight too quickly. Your body needs time to adjust.

I had an active weekend. Got to the climbing gym on Saturday and ice climbing yesterday. Nothing hard, but it was fun and I was doing stuff. I may actually lose another little bit by the time I weigh in on Thursday.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:24 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Way to go Andy. Nothing wrong with 4lbs down. You don't want to lose the weight too quickly. Your body needs time to adjust.

I had an active weekend. Got to the climbing gym on Saturday and ice climbing yesterday. Nothing hard, but it was fun and I was doing stuff. I may actually lose another little bit by the time I weigh in on Thursday.
Sounds good for the weigh-in! Keep it up.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:25 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by 12stones:
Oh, and if you guys aren't aware of it, www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ has a bunch of great recipes that help out. You don't have to sign up to use it.
Thanks for another great link!
[Reply]
pmwz 09:49 AM 01-19-2009
I think its a good time to start loosing weight.
starting weight: 266.7lbs
goal: 210-220 lbs
i am going to post my raw plan later...
[Reply]
Starscream 09:53 AM 01-19-2009
Originally Posted by pmwz:
I think its a good time to start loosing weight.
starting weight: 266.7lbs
goal: 210-220 lbs
i am going to post my raw plan later...
The more the merrier! Welcome!
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 09:53 AM 01-19-2009
this mornings fitday
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:21 AM 01-20-2009
Hey guys... sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I was doing honey dos all day long.

Got to the gym the yesterday and today. The workout I am doing is 45 minutes and gets me 2.92 miles. I am also starting a thing at work were we wear a pedometer and track our distances. It should be interesting.

Drum roll please... down two pounds this week. That is just about right. Today and
Thursday I will have to be careful at dinner as my son has soccer games. Other than that I am looking forward to a great week!!
[Reply]
kayaker 09:14 AM 01-20-2009
Good job Brent.

I'm just getting up. I'll have a light breakfast, prepare and mail out a couple of bombs and then hit the climbing gym just before lunch.

Maybe I'll also hit the heavy bag for a little bit.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:34 AM 01-20-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Hey guys... sorry I didn't check in yesterday. I was doing honey dos all day long.

Got to the gym the yesterday and today. The workout I am doing is 45 minutes and gets me 2.92 miles. I am also starting a thing at work were we wear a pedometer and track our distances. It should be interesting.

Drum roll please... down two pounds this week. That is just about right. Today and
Thursday I will have to be careful at dinner as my son has soccer games. Other than that I am looking forward to a great week!!
Good job! Keep it up!:-)
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 10:52 AM 01-20-2009
3.65 in ten minutes :-) I'm moving up
[Reply]
Starscream 12:53 PM 01-20-2009
Snowing here. Another day off from work. Getting off routine is bad for me. I did get some exercise in being chased by the kids in the snow. Meals are getting heavy here though. I had four pancakes and 6pcs of bacon for breakfast, 7 bagel bites(pizzas on a minibagel) for lunch. :-)
[Reply]
12stones 04:47 PM 01-20-2009
I won't be checkin' in often because my routine doesn't vary much at all.

Today it was my usual again:

2 eggs scrambled with sauteed vegetables and 2 pieces of turkey bacon
Lunch was a chicken and cheese sandwich on rye.
Dinner was the taco bake in a whole wheat tortilla.
Had a low-fat string cheese stick and a cut up cucumber for snacks.

Will be doing my 45 minute routine tonight. Back, bi, cardio...
[Reply]
Page 8 of 129
« First < 678 9101858108 > Last »
Up