Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
General Discussion>Tattoos?
zonedar 06:28 PM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by Guitarman-S.T-:
right on man! what are you visions for this piece? Any addition ideas?

Need to get some foliage around this one. Plan on getting a leopard on the left shoulder. I hunted both of these out of the Big Five (leopard, cape buffalo, elephant, lion, black rhino). If and when I get the other three I'll get those too.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:38 AM 12-03-2009
For a minute I didn't see the last pic I posted, guess I just didn't give it enough time to load :-)
[Reply]
tx_tuff 04:24 PM 03-10-2010
Me and my wife got tattoos in Jan for our one year wedding anniversary. I have been wanting one for a long time but had the find the right guy to do it. I wanted it hand drawn on my leg with no stencil. Found the right guy and set it up, he worked about 5 hours on me, 3 and a half doing ink work.

Drawing the outline

Starting to ink the outline

Outline complete

Coloring

Finished
[Reply]
tx_tuff 04:26 PM 03-10-2010
A couple more of the finished tattoo

My wife's tattoo

[Reply]
Guitarman-S.T- 08:48 PM 03-11-2010
Love the Koi!!!!
Really great work
[Reply]
kjd2121 03:50 PM 06-07-2010
Looks like this thread needs a revival. I just got done with my second session. 7.5 hours total with about 4 more hours to go.

[Reply]
Dave128 09:28 AM 06-08-2010
My brother has an angel on his chest for his infant son that died. What does the Koi stand for? I see quite a few pictures of them in this thread.
[Reply]
kjd2121 09:47 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by Dave128:
My brother has an angel on his chest for his infant son that died. What does the Koi stand for? I see quite a few pictures of them in this thread.
Well for me I just want a carp head in my underarm - lol. Here is some verbiage I found -

"In tattoo imagery, especially in combination with flowing water, it symbolizes much the same: courage, the ability to attain high goals, and overcoming life's difficulties." It is said that if the Koi can swim up and past the waterfalls at a point called Dragon Gate (on the Yellow River) it would be transformed into a dragon.

I personally like the Japanese symbolism and myths and think the Koi will compliment the Tiger. My Koi will be black and deep red. Not nearly as colorful as tx_tuff's Koi.
[Reply]
Dave128 09:56 AM 06-08-2010
Nice. Thank you.
[Reply]
coastietech 10:54 AM 06-08-2010
Originally Posted by kjd2121:
Well for me I just want a carp head in my underarm - lol. Here is some verbiage I found -

"In tattoo imagery, especially in combination with flowing water, it symbolizes much the same: courage, the ability to attain high goals, and overcoming life's difficulties." It is said that if the Koi can swim up and past the waterfalls at a point called Dragon Gate (on the Yellow River) it would be transformed into a dragon.

I personally like the Japanese symbolism and myths and think the Koi will compliment the Tiger. My Koi will be black and deep red. Not nearly as colorful as tx_tuff's Koi.
This is correct... I currently have a red dragon covering the entire left side of my chest and some of my back and the right side is reserved for a Koi jumping the Dragons Gate.
[Reply]
WarMace 05:29 PM 07-11-2010
Here are my latest. I tried to work a cigar into the Salvation tattoo but the artist and I couldn't figure out a good way to make it fit.
Attached: Salvation.jpg.jpg (12.4 KB) Ruin.jpg.jpg (12.7 KB) 
[Reply]
AD720 05:18 PM 08-06-2010
Popping in here, I am getting ready to get my first tattoo in the next couple weeks. I've been working with a local artist on a design. I've seen his work in person and his portfolio and it is impressive. I'm going to read through this thread and hopefully get some courage. I'm a little nervous but I guess that is a good thing.
[Reply]
kugie 05:52 PM 08-06-2010
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Here we go...yesterday's ink... Wife took it with her iPhone, and will have to get a better one with a good camera at some point.

That's cool i have been thinking about a family crest tatoo
[Reply]
rgrecco 09:32 PM 08-06-2010
I Always said that if I was going to get a tattoo it would have to have a STRONG MEANING behind it... So What Better Reason Then This???

My First Tattoo;

A Tattoo For My Daughter (they are her actual footprints!):

There will be more to come... Because I believe in the saying "WHAT YOU DO FOR ONE YOU DO FOR EM ALL..."

We plan on having 3 kids... My plans for #2 is the right shoulder blade...

Plan for #3 is lower center of my back (yea yea yea... "tramp stamp")

(kids #2 and #3 I plan on doing the same style... Footprints, Name, and DOB) I may end up encorperating a symble into each to make them a little different...

Then I plan on doing a piece connecting them all somehow and maybe incorperating my wife in it as well ( it all depends on how we are getting along then... ;-) )

RON
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:34 AM 08-07-2010
I want a second tattoo, but I'll the way I am losing weight at the moment, the time isn't just right. Guess I'll have to wait another year.
[Reply]
Chingas 05:04 AM 08-07-2010
Some real nice ink in this thread. I'll have to get someone to snap a pic or two for me and I'll throw up here. But this little ditty I can reach from here.

Seems fitting for the board!

[Reply]
pnoon 07:33 AM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
. . . and I'll throw up here. . . .
You mean like this?
:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 08:04 AM 08-07-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
You mean like this?
:-)
No one is ever sleeping here...
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:07 AM 08-07-2010
proctologist?
[Reply]
The Poet 10:32 AM 08-07-2010
Hey, did you guys hear the story about the bozo who got popped for drug dealing down in North Carolina? He was easily recognized due to the Tar Heel blue NC tattooed on his cheek.

Lesson learned: Watch your step, if you're a suspect with a "distinguising mark". :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up