Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Entertainment>Game of Thrones
kickerb 02:32 PM 06-08-2011
sh|t, i was researching some information on Gendry and I spoiled the rest of the season, ****!
[Reply]
Humpdebump 02:41 AM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
sh|t, i was researching some information on Gendry and I spoiled the rest of the season, ****!
Haha, I know what you mean. I went to George Martin sight to find out how many books were in the series and he had a page from the new book there that I read and it definetly spoiled a couple of things for me.
[Reply]
blugill 08:04 AM 06-12-2011
There should be a pretty big even happen in tonight's episode!
Things in Westeros will not be the same!
[Reply]
yachties23 11:19 AM 06-12-2011
Originally Posted by blugill:
There should be a pretty big even happen in tonight's episode!
Things in Westeros will not be the same!
You know, this is the episode I've waited all season for. Sadly there are only two left, can't wait for season 2.
[Reply]
rebelknight 12:32 PM 06-12-2011
Finally all caught up. Great show if I ever get the time ill pick up the books
[Reply]
jsnake 12:48 PM 06-12-2011
I just downloaded the next 3 books and A Clash of Kings is off to a good start. I just can't put it down. Love the show. I really think HBO is doing it justice and I am hooked. Next season will be great. The newest book comes out next month just fyi.
[Reply]
hscmit 09:59 AM 06-13-2011
so what did everyone think of last nights episode?
[Reply]
Eleven 01:44 PM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
so what did everyone think of last nights episode?
Even knowing how some things are going to unfold, it doesn't take away from the impact of actually seeing it play out.

I also kind of like and appreciate the fact that they don't waste time on epic battle scenes and focus much more on the human aspect and interactions.
[Reply]
ahc4353 02:46 PM 06-13-2011
Not happy about Ned!!
[Reply]
kickerb 05:03 PM 06-13-2011
yea, that is what was spoiled for me the other day. crappy. and im not happy about it. i really liked Neds character. I cannot wait to see what happens with Dany! :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 05:36 PM 06-13-2011
yep was not happy about ned getting killed off in the book
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:09 PM 06-13-2011
I really liked Ned's character too, but when every character is eligable to be killed, it makes the drama much more gripping. I thought last night's episode was fantastic.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kickerb 08:08 PM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I really liked Ned's character too, but when every character is eligable to be killed, it makes the drama much more gripping. I thought last night's episode was fantastic.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)
[Reply]
blugill 08:49 PM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
Posted via Mobile Device
That's exactly right, when you think a main character emerges they are likely to get smacked down somehow. I loved Ned's character and I like Sean Bean playing him but it was bound to happen, sometimes evil has to triumph for there to be a story and keep in mind this is one LONG story.

Book five in July and who knows when six or possibly seven will come out.
[Reply]
hscmit 08:50 PM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by blugill:
and who knows IF six or possibly seven will come out.
ftfy
[Reply]
jsnake 08:58 PM 06-13-2011
So I am deep into book two and boy you cannot guess what will happen next. You think you have it figured out and bam he throws a complete curve ball in there. The thing I like is how the characters seem so real. As I read book two it is playing in my head with the characters (actors) from the HBO show.

I was really pissed when Ned was killed and not to spoil it but other events left me disappointed too but I am still gripped by the story and can't stop reading.
[Reply]
hscmit 09:04 PM 06-13-2011
same boat here
[Reply]
LostAbbott 12:19 AM 06-14-2011
I am a little disappointing that they did not show any of the battle. Seems like they might not have had the $$ to properly put on a battle scene.

As for a book six or seven, I sure as hell hope he can wrap it up with six. R.R. Martin is a pretty old fat dude, and I doubt he could last long enough for too many more books, it would really piss me off if he pulled a Robert Jordan. Tolken pulled it off in four books, what is wrong with these new guys? Don't get me wrong I love the story, but it should not take over 10k pages it tell it.
[Reply]
massphatness 03:45 AM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Not happy about Ned!!
Loved Ned's character, but knowing ANYONE is fair game to die makes the story that much more intriguing. This is not Harry Potter, and I'm glad.

On a separate note, I now oddly find myself rooting for The Imp ...
[Reply]
kickerb 06:53 AM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Loved Ned's character, but knowing ANYONE is fair game to die makes the story that much more intriguing. This is not Harry Potter, and I'm glad.

On a separate note, I now oddly find myself rooting for The Imp ...
I hear that Tyrion is going to do something unexpected either in the next episode or the next season/book.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up