Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Sports>Hail To The Redskins!!
hotreds 09:48 AM 10-19-2009
Deadskins! If you're 0-for, you'll get your first win against the Deadskins!
[Reply]
14holestogie 09:48 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I like Jim Zorn. I was in Seattle when he was their starting QB and always enjoyed watching him play. I thought he did a serviceable job as the QB coach for Seattle.

All that being said, I just don't think Zorn was ready to be a head coach in the NFL. I think he would have been a good offensive coordinator - which is what he was originally hired to be - and that he would have gained valuable knowledge and experience as an offensive coordinator. But he was just not ready to be a head coach and this may cost him any opportunity down the line to be a head coach with another team.
:-)

*See Bart Starr*
[Reply]
Blueface 09:55 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Deadskins! If you're 0-for, you'll get your first win against the Deadskins!
Gotta check and see....any chance poor old Tennessee will get a shot?:-)
[Reply]
macpappy 10:02 AM 10-19-2009
Dec. 6, 2009 - Saints vs. Redskins
[Reply]
PeteSB75 10:39 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I like Jim Zorn. I was in Seattle when he was their starting QB and always enjoyed watching him play. I thought he did a serviceable job as the QB coach for Seattle.

All that being said, I just don't think Zorn was ready to be a head coach in the NFL. I think he would have been a good offensive coordinator - which is what he was originally hired to be - and that he would have gained valuable knowledge and experience as an offensive coordinator. But he was just not ready to be a head coach and this may cost him any opportunity down the line to be a head coach with another team.
Sorry, have to really disagree with you on this one. The blame for this season falls totally at the feet of the front office. The idiotic owner Dan Snyder and his yes-man lackey Vinne Cerrato. Neither apparently have the first clue how to run a successful football organization. It comes down to the basics, O-line and D-line. Not flashy. Not headline grabbing. Not shiny new toys. Fundamentals. If those pieces are not put in place first, the coach has nothing to work with. It doesn't matter if you are Peyton Manning or Drew Brees, if you have a d-lineman in your face within 3 seconds of taking the snap, you're not doing jack with the ball. The running back has nowhere to go, the receiver's routes don't have time to develop. You are well and royally fcuked every single down. Until the front office realized this or is replaced by a new front office, the skins will go no-where. I wonder how long it will take for Snyder to realize how much value he is destroying by failing to build a club that is at least competitive. How long he thinks that most profitable franchise in the league will last if the fans stop showing up and stop buying merchandise because the team sucks and they don't want to be seen wearing it's name.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 10:55 AM 10-19-2009
On a slightly lighter note, this is funny :-) I'm joining RA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyhU6kmoD8E
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 11:10 AM 10-19-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKfvNYX99Ao
[Reply]
macpappy 11:40 AM 10-19-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Sorry, have to really disagree with you on this one. The blame for this season falls totally at the feet of the front office. The idiotic owner Dan Snyder and his yes-man lackey Vinne Cerrato. Neither apparently have the first clue how to run a successful football organization. It comes down to the basics, O-line and D-line. Not flashy. Not headline grabbing. Not shiny new toys. Fundamentals. If those pieces are not put in place first, the coach has nothing to work with. It doesn't matter if you are Peyton Manning or Drew Brees, if you have a d-lineman in your face within 3 seconds of taking the snap, you're not doing jack with the ball. The running back has nowhere to go, the receiver's routes don't have time to develop. You are well and royally fcuked every single down. Until the front office realized this or is replaced by a new front office, the skins will go no-where. I wonder how long it will take for Snyder to realize how much value he is destroying by failing to build a club that is at least competitive. How long he thinks that most profitable franchise in the league will last if the fans stop showing up and stop buying merchandise because the team sucks and they don't want to be seen wearing it's name.
There is a lot of truth to what you are saying. You see it in high school football every year where a school has a good coaching staff and no real talent and they lose. The point I was trying to make is that Zorn didn't have the coaching experience I think a NFL head coach should have. I think he could be a good head coach down the line but not in the Redskins organization as it is now.
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 12:06 PM 10-19-2009
Got these from the Redskin's forum...

[Reply]
Clampdown 12:46 PM 10-19-2009
I hate this man with a passion.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 07:53 PM 10-26-2009
This game is making me ill.

Campbell is so bad.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:08 AM 10-27-2009
Hard to tell who took the biggest whooping in the NFC East this week.
Giants or Redskins?
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 08:13 AM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Hard to tell who took the biggest whooping in the NFC East this week.
Giants or Redskins?
The Deadskins are BY FAR the worst team in the league....:-)
[Reply]
ade06 08:44 AM 10-27-2009
I quit on the game at half time.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:46 AM 10-27-2009
[Reply]
macpappy 09:06 AM 10-27-2009
This game proved that the problem is not just Jim Zorn.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 09:23 AM 10-27-2009
How much longer are they going to send JC out there? 2.5 seasons without scoring +30 points doesn't carry enough weight.

I know there are other issues out there but he's really not helping things. He hasn't been improving. It's time to pull the plug.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 04:35 PM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
How much longer are they going to send JC out there? 2.5 seasons without scoring +30 points doesn't carry enough weight.

I know there are other issues out there but he's really not helping things. He hasn't been improving. It's time to pull the plug.
QFT.

I'm not usually one to jump on the QB-hating bandwagon, but if Campbell got the hook last week, he definitely deserved it by 2Q last night. Holy crap that was awful. A banged up OL doesn't help, but that's only part of the blame.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:53 PM 10-27-2009
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
The Deadskins are BY FAR the worst team in the league....:-)
Patrick,
No argument there.:-)

I was just wondering of the two, who looked the crappiest and honestly, records aside, hard to tell.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 10:02 AM 12-17-2009
Some good news maybe?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121701930.html

Cerrato is out. Bruce Allen to take over as executive of football operations, or whatever the hell that means. Basically sounds like GM without the actual final say...
[Reply]
Page 8 of 21
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up