Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 138
« First < 678 9101858108 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
357 08:57 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did they say if he will be ok?
I heard it on the radio on my way in. At the time they didn't know yet.

Apparently now it's no big deal

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....s_charley.html
Originally Posted by :
Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen suffered a charley horse Wednesday on a knee-on-thigh hit from Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik during the first period of the Penguins' 5-1 victory in the preseason opener at the Consol Energy Center.

It does not appear to be a long-term injury, as general manager Ken Holland said there was no need for any tests.

GHC_Hambone 09:45 AM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I thought Morin and Makarov looked good, and I think Turco is going to add a whole new dimension to the breakout. :-)
Yeah once everyone gets used to it and communicating, it should lead to some good chances. It was funny to see him get called for icing last night lol.
Ahbroody 04:47 PM 09-23-2010
Originally Posted by JackSchwartz:
I'll take a look through my gear tonight, might still have mine laying around. I switched back to a full cage after taking a puck to the lip a couple years ago. Ten stitches; five on the outside and five inside the mouth :-) Oh, and I had a rookie doc with some shakey hands. I'll shoot you a PM if I can find my old visor.

Eric
Yeah back when I played my wife explained that I needed to work to make money and looking cool, or not wanting to wear a bird cage and getting injured in beer league
Ferrari5180 08:10 AM 09-24-2010
Go Habs Go!! I hope they do something this year. They did quite well last season. What a piss off that they did not keep Halak. I would have paid him a lot more than St.Louis. Price is just awful, which was completely noticeable during the Boston game.
Prefy 08:22 AM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by Ferrari5180:
Go Habs Go!! I hope they do something this year. They did quite well last season. What a piss off that they did not keep Halak. I would have paid him a lot more than St.Louis. Price is just awful, which was completely noticeable during the Boston game.
The habs should have an interesting season for sure. Price needs to be given a chance to develop, he has all the skills to be a great goaltender. It's all about the metal game at this point.

Personally I think that he was rushed into the NHL and should have played in Hamilton as a starter for a couple years before he was thrown into the gauntlet that is Montreal. I'm hoping the Montreal fans give him some time to move into the #1 role before chopping his head of but I'm not holding my breath (other day vs. Boston is an example).

The biggest problem that I see in Montreal is size. The Habs have been small down the middle for many years and still have not adressed this issue. There aren't many guys that are going to be able to stack up physically against opponents big guys. So it will be interesting to see how they match up :-)
JackSchwartz 08:24 AM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Yeah back when I played my wife explained that I needed to work to make money and looking cool, or not wanting to wear a bird cage and getting injured in beer league
My buddy took a high-stick to the face a week before his wedding, three stitches on his cheek. I still remember how angry his wife was. If they weren't getting married the next week she probably would have gave him a couple stitches on the other cheek.

Couldn't find the old visor. I bet my wife tossed it away after we got the hospital bill for the stitches.
Ahbroody 02:48 PM 09-24-2010
Such is life. Likely going to buy a new bucket anyways. My old Itech bucket is birth control edition. Not the best looking helmet out there. :-)

Going to take the little man to the game tonight. Wanted to move the seats, but no one is buying preseason stuff. The ***** is I am going to have to give away tomorrow nights game I bet as I have to work. Then I am likely going to have to take him again on wednesday. Atlest they are opening up in europe so I will get some time to move the first home gain seats. PITA!!
gpugliese 08:34 AM 09-25-2010
Wade Redden is going on waivers today at noon. Good riddance!
Eleven 09:43 AM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
Wade Redden is going on waivers today at noon. Good riddance!
His wife gave birth last night. The Rangers wanted to congratulate the happy couple in style.
Ahbroody 09:46 AM 09-25-2010
Sharks game last night had like 5 fights in 1 min. Of course I sold the tickets and misse it as the game was not on tv.
GHC_Hambone 10:42 AM 09-26-2010
Went to the Hawks game last night. Team looked good, especially Turco. I was impressed by his long passes, should bring a little more offense. UC was extremely crowded for a preseason game.
Ahbroody 10:47 AM 09-26-2010
Just watch out. He gets rattled sometimes. Been to multiple games where he took slashing penalties because the Sharks got under his skin. He does handle the puck well though.

Are goalie and D situation is going to kill us this year.
icehog3 10:50 AM 09-26-2010
Just watch out. He gets rattled sometimes. Been to multiple games where he took slashing penalties because the Sharks got under his skin. He does handle the puck well though.

Are goalie and D situation is going to kill us this year.
He has a MUCH better defense in front of him than he did the last few years. :-) And I kinda like a feisty goalie! :-)
Ahbroody 10:52 AM 09-26-2010
Funny I was going to writw that but didnt. I agree
Ahbroody 02:43 PM 09-26-2010
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-272374

I know some are football fans, but 32 Million for a season, refused to attend practices team events etc. Every year I become less and less of a football fan. Thank God Hockey Season is so long and I can fill the rest of the time with Baseball.
357 08:15 AM 09-27-2010
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-272374

I know some are football fans, but 32 Million for a season, refused to attend practices team events etc. Every year I become less and less of a football fan. Thank God Hockey Season is so long and I can fill the rest of the time with Baseball.
Idiots like him throw out words like "slave" just to get attention or to try and sway some of the race card playing bandwagoniers. It's nausiating. He knows he has to do whatever is in that contract or the team can cease to pay him.

I agree with your sentiment, but its not just football. Basketball is almost as bad. Hockey seems to have quite a few less prima donnas.
Ahbroody 09:57 AM 09-27-2010
See but thats the thing apparently he missed practices, team events,etc.
It never ceases to amaze me just how quickly some people forget reality. I am sure he is a real pleasure and a very humble man to deal with off the field. :-)

Hockey note watched the game where the wilds goalie was lost for the season. You could tell when he got hurt it was really bad. Wings have looked good in preseason, Sharks have looked bad. Will be interesting to see once roster is set what changes. I know the Sharks are not playing a lot of their D, but still.
icehog3 12:20 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by :
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Blackhawks will receive their Stanley Cup rings at a private gathering on Wednesday, a person familiar with the event said.

Cross Checks Blog
Scott Burnside and Pierre LeBrun write about all things happening in the NHL. Cross Checks

Kris Versteeg is expected to be the only former Hawk in attendance, as the Toronto Maple Leafs are allowing him to attend, the source said.

The Stanley Cup, recently engraved with the names of players and key members of the organization, will also be at the event. Versteeg's name was originally misspelled on the Cup, but was quickly corrected.

Former general manager and senior adviser Dale Tallon's name is also on the Cup. Tallon is currently GM of the Florida Panthers.
357 06:26 AM 09-29-2010
I wonder if Scotty's name ended up on it again???
icehog3 08:05 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
I wonder if Scotty's name ended up on it again???
Absolutely, he is considered a senior adviser.
Page 8 of 138
« First < 678 9101858108 > Last »
Up