Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 79 of 350
« First < 2969777879 808189129179 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Mugen910 04:07 PM 03-21-2009
12-13 Miles today with lots of hills. Prob gonna do some wieghts tomorrow to keep the juices flowing. :-) Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
icehog3 08:33 PM 03-21-2009
Off day for me today, though I had two hockey games.....back at it in the morning.

Going to try a prohormone in April, haven't done any for a couple years.

Bao, hope you are having a great weekend too. :-)
BigFrank 09:56 AM 03-22-2009
which prohormone you looking to try Tom?
icehog3 01:09 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
which prohormone you looking to try Tom?
SUS-500, Frank...I have read mixed reviews, but I have seen a couple friends at the gym who appear to have gotten good strength and size results.
BigFrank 01:46 PM 03-22-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
SUS-500, Frank...I have read mixed reviews, but I have seen a couple friends at the gym who appear to have gotten good strength and size results.
Good luck with that, hope it works out for ya.
icehog3 04:49 PM 03-22-2009
Good luck with that, hope it works out for ya.
Tried it before, Frank?
BigFrank 07:37 PM 03-22-2009
Tried it before, Frank?
That's a negative for that brand. I have tried some prohormones once, I was rather pleased with the results. A little pricey, compared to the real thing.
icehog3 12:15 AM 03-23-2009
That's a negative for that brand. I have tried some prohormones once, I was rather pleased with the results. A little pricey, compared to the real thing.
My only real choice based on my job. I had good results with 1-AD and 1-TU, and actually bought about 2 years worth right before they were banned, but I have been out of those for quite some time.
The Professor 06:12 AM 03-23-2009
Tried NanoVapor for the first time today. I'll reserve judgment for the end of the week. This was my first day back since last Friday -- took the weekend off because (a) I was doing all sorts of work around the house and yard and (b) because the gym was closed. :-)

Chest & Tris
Flat bench: 5 x 5 @ 145#
Incline bench: 10 @ 105#; 8 @ 105# (close); 8,7,6 @ 115#
Dip machine: 10 @ 185#; 8 @ 190#; 6,7 @ 200#; 5 @ 205
Superset 3 circuits to failure of: reverse curls, straight bar press-downs, & one-arm press-downs
Superset 3 circuits to failure of: overhead rope extensions & v-bar press-downs

All in all, a chest & tris day that I was generally happy with. :-) It's only my second week back on incline bench since November and I see improvement over last week. Dips are also getting stronger. Flat bench feels better, too. Arms are also getting big enough to start ruling out some of my shirts; or as DrMS says, "you may not be a large anymore." :-)

If I could only be a more disciplined eater and drop some of this fat.... :-)

Happy lifting to all!
Mugen910 06:57 AM 03-23-2009
Bao, hope you are having a great weekend too. :-)
Great weekend indeed...Yesterday was some BP at softball and then 9+ holes of golf! :-)

Originally Posted by The Professor:
Arms are also getting big enough to start ruling out some of my shirts; or as DrMS says, "you may not be a large anymore." :-)
Don't you want to leave the LG shirts in when you get more muscular? I thought that was the rule? :-)
PeteSB75 07:03 AM 03-23-2009
Shoulder work today

Standing OH Press
45x10
65x10
95x5
115x5 2 sets
110x5 - was approaching failure on the 115 and didn't fancy dropping the bar on my head, so I dropped the weight a touch and I think my last couple were technically push-presses, rather than normal presses...

Side Lat/Front Lat/OH Raise
10x10 2 sets

Upright Rows
50x10
60x10
70x5
80x5
90x5 3 sets

and a little abs at the end, 3 sets 15 reps hanging leg raises.
The Professor 07:25 AM 03-23-2009
@Pete: My overhead press trick is to do it on the power rack and put the arms up high ... like just below where the bottom of the press is. That way, I can go until failure and if I drop the bar, it doesn't have far to travel (and I can get out of the way). I'll do the same thing for (seated) military presses and for rack walk-outs. :-)

@Bao: But when the seam on a shirtsleeve starts cutting your circulation a little, it may be a sign to change shirts. :-)
Mugen910 07:36 AM 03-23-2009

@Bao: But when the seam on a shirtsleeve starts cutting your circulation a little, it may be a sign to change shirts. :-)
Hmm..I was always told that it helps your veins bulge. :-)
The Professor 07:38 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
Hmm..I was always told that it helps your veins bulge. :-)
Sure ...

... if you're trying to shoot up meth! :-)
Mugen910 07:41 AM 03-23-2009
Sure ...

... if you're trying to shoot up meth! :-)
no comment.:-)
King James 07:43 AM 03-23-2009
Ganna try to hit the weights after class.....but seems a combo of moving in and throwing a football around (more so the football I think) caused my tennis elbow to flare up.
The Professor 07:46 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Ganna try to hit the weights after class.....but seems a combo of moving in and throwing a football around (more so the football I think) caused my tennis elbow to flare up.
ouch. hope it feels better, James. do some leg work or make it a century deadlift day. :-)
PeteSB75 07:51 AM 03-23-2009
@Pete: My overhead press trick is to do it on the power rack and put the arms up high ... like just below where the bottom of the press is. That way, I can go until failure and if I drop the bar, it doesn't have far to travel (and I can get out of the way). I'll do the same thing for (seated) military presses and for rack walk-outs. :-)

Yeah, my only problem is that I don't have a power rack at the gym I was at this morning. They have one of those angled squat racks, so it's not adjustable. Maybe I'll start doing shoulders at the gym at work, where there is a power rack.
The Professor 08:40 AM 03-23-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Yeah, my only problem is that I don't have a power rack at the gym I was at this morning. They have one of those angled squat racks, so it's not adjustable. Maybe I'll start doing shoulders at the gym at work, where there is a power rack.
That's what I would do. Otherwise, you're gonna keep finding yourself in the position you were today ... of holding back because of little things like crushing your skull. :-)
zonedar 12:07 PM 03-23-2009
Started a new workout. Coming off a couple months of heavy lifting (for me anyway) and my body needed a break.

Trainer has me doing 21's. For example bench: 7 chest to mid position, 7 mid position to top, 7 chest to top. Incline DB Flys 7, Incline DB Arnolds 7, Incline DB press 7. Etc...

3 sets each.

Went through the whole body this morning and I'm spent. Will probably break it up into two workouts and rotate them 3-4 times a week for a few weeks
Page 79 of 350
« First < 2969777879 808189129179 > Last »
Up