20 seconds!
icehog3 06:28 PM 04-10-2011
yESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:04 PM 04-10-2011
Hawks make the playoffs:-)
Ahbroody 07:06 PM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
yESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :-)

Enjoy the Canucks. Really wonder how this series will pan out. Hawks won first two Canucks won last two. I expect an extremely physical series. Think the Sharks lucked into the easiest first round, but who knows with round two. Nobody wants the Ducks and I think Nashville is going to get blown out of the water.

The only two teams from the east that have a shot at the cup I think are the Bs and the Flyers.
GreekGodX 07:14 PM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Enjoy the Canucks. Really wonder how this series will pan out. Hawks won first two Canucks won last two. I expect an extremely physical series. Think the Sharks lucked into the easiest first round, but who knows with round two. Nobody wants the Ducks and I think Nashville is going to get blown out of the water.

The only two teams from the east that have a shot at the cup I think are the Bs and the Flyers.
Flyers desperately need Pronger back. Sounds like he will be for the playoff but their power play was abysmal without him. A rookie goaltender for them could help them or really hurt them.

Congrats Pops on the Hawks getting in! I hope Luongo chokes as he normally does in the playoffs just for you :-)
icehog3 11:06 PM 04-10-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Flyers desperately need Pronger back. Sounds like he will be for the playoff but their power play was abysmal without him. A rookie goaltender for them could help them or really hurt them.

Congrats Pops on the Hawks getting in! I hope Luongo chokes as he normally does in the playoffs just for you :-)

Canucks are better than last season, Hawks are not as good as last season. But the Canucks have the pressure of a country on their backs, and hopefully Luongo has some doubts in his head.

I think the Wings, Sharks and Ducks will win their series. If the Hawks can pull off the upset, Hawks - Sharks rematch in Round 2.
Bruins Fan 04:03 AM 04-11-2011
B's habs should be fun. B's have to be physical,and skate to win, they are the better team.
When the game goes north everything changes, Montreal fans some how intimidate the officials.The habs flop all over the ice,and seem to get every call.
The power play is the one thing that can hurt us.
One thing you can be sure of it's going to be a freak show in Montreal,The RCMP will be waiting for Chara at the airport:-)
taltos 05:52 AM 04-11-2011
The Montreal players flop so much that if the pads weren't different, you couldn't tell who was the goalie.:-)
rebelknight 08:30 AM 04-11-2011
I think the sharks may have gotten the easiest first round. However the first 82 games don't mean anything now. Can't wait for Wednesday
icehog3 08:34 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
I think the sharks may have gotten the easiest first round. However the first 82 games don't mean anything now. Can't wait for Wednesday
With Kopitar out for the Kings and others slumping, I would agree, Sharks should sweep.
jmsremax 08:45 AM 04-11-2011
So pumped to see the Bruins and Habs go at it first round! :-)
icehog3 08:56 AM 04-11-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
So pumped to see the Bruins and Habs go at it first round! :-)
Should be one of the best 1st round series!
GreekGodX 10:53 AM 04-11-2011
Should be one of the best 1st round series!
I agree.. There's obviously the whole Chara thing. Will be interesting to see if Tim Thomas keeps up in the playoffs, and if Carey Price can handle the playoffs.
Ahbroody 11:54 AM 04-11-2011
I know the two first round series I want to see epic 7 game battles out of are Hawks Canucks, Bs Habs.
357 11:55 AM 04-11-2011
Not used to hearing the Wings get called dirty. Lidstrom plays 25+ min a night and is one of the least penalized defensemen in the league. Not to mention 4-time Lady Bing winner (and Selke award winner) on the #1 line in Datsyuk. Maybe they get the benefit of the doubt on occasion, but with credentials like that, its going to happen.

Anyway, congrats Tom on the Hawks squeeking in. I bet that Stars/Wild game had you on the edge of your seat.

I am NOT looking forward to those damn 10:30PM starts in Phoenix. :-)
Ahbroody 12:16 PM 04-11-2011
I think that's the point Mike. The Wings get away with a little more because its the Wings. Its not the players its the club. You made the same argument after I commented that Dats snapped an oilers stick right of the faceoff iin front of the ref then scored the winning goal seconds later in a modified 5-4. Tired then tired niw. Some people are saying they are sick of them getting away with stuff like that. You could argue it has helped them win regular season and playoff games. The fact that someone won a lady bing(Marleau has also) should not mean $hit when its a obvious penalty. Last time I checked the rules were suppose to apply equally to all and for years certain teams routinely get away with more. Its BS and it needs to end. Hoping the Yotes series is called fairly.
icehog3 03:31 PM 04-11-2011
No Lady Byng for Pavel this year. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPMJAs6Xpw
GHC_Hambone 07:07 PM 04-11-2011
Such a back-asswards way for the Hawks to make the playoffs. Can't complain I guess.
GreekGodX 03:29 AM 04-12-2011
No Lady Byng for Pavel this year. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPMJAs6Xpw
I'm shocked Datsuyk doesn't get owned in that matchup. Perry clearly has the reach advantage. Did that fight represent all of Datsuyk's penalty minutes this year? :-)

As for the favoritism in the league, it happens in all leagues. I don't think it is just the Red Wings as a team. Holmstrom pretty much gets called on most of his illegal screens on goalies, and he's had to adjust. In general it is the upper echelon of players that get away with stuff in all leagues. Refs aren't perfect, and we don't know what their bosses are telling them about calling games :-)
Ahbroody 09:45 AM 04-12-2011
No argument. Also after that whole refereeing email incident its hard to argue that the hand of the league doesn't guide the refs. Especially the younger ones who want to keep their job. When your boss yells at you when you don't make a call for one team or make a call on a player it can clearly shape how you call the game.

Oooooooo and Homer doesn't do the color Guy justice. Not looking forward to those broadcast in the playoffs.
Page 79 of 138
« First < 2969777879 808189129 > Last »
Up