Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 78 of 225
« First < 2868767778 798088128178 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
BigAsh 10:42 PM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
This is a fun game to watch. The Cuban Missile is warming up! :-)
:-)

I hate the TBS commentators. All they do is blow the Phillies. When the Reds had the lead, all they were talking about were the Phillies.
Funny, watching the game we thought they were blowing the Reds!...:-)....I mean how many times did we have to hear about how great a game Arroyo was pitching...I mean he pitched 5 1/3 with 2 Ks and threw like 85-90 pitches :-)...anyway funny how different we heard the game...sloppy baseball thats for sure....
[Reply]
smitdavi 09:29 AM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
:-)

Funny, watching the game we thought they were blowing the Reds!...:-)....I mean how many times did we have to hear about how great a game Arroyo was pitching...I mean he pitched 5 1/3 with 2 Ks and threw like 85-90 pitches :-)...anyway funny how different we heard the game...sloppy baseball thats for sure....
I thought Arroyo pitched a great game. He's not known for his K's and if it wasn't for 2 errors he wouldn't have given up a run. IMO he was really smart with his locations and speeds. Still can't believe our 2 best infielders booted a couple of balls :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:50 PM 10-09-2010
Hopefully we'll get at least one win out of this series. Home game is gonna be awesome!
[Reply]
hotreds 01:06 PM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Better hope it isn't just 'boo birds' that we are listening too. It is nice to see them play on national TV so we don't have to listen to those morons who call the Reds games for FSNOhio and can get some actual baseball commentary. :-)
Boy, you are SO wrong with that comment! Have you ever even talked to any one of the Reds announcers? I have, and they sure aren't morons. Sometimes you need to engage your brain before opening your Fresser, brother!
[Reply]
Starscream 01:30 PM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Boy, you are SO wrong with that comment! Have you ever even talked to any one of the Reds announcers? I have, and they sure aren't morons. Sometimes you need to engage your brain before opening your Fresser, brother!
I might not call them morons, but they do an awful job at calling the game. Son of Marty just rambles on the whole game telling stories.

Marty and The Cowboy are the ones I like; I could care less about the rest of them.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:36 PM 10-09-2010
I am not calling them morons as people. :-)

I was commenting on their useless talk they use to fill the gaps in boring games and how they are so 1000% biased to anything Reds. I realize they are paid to cheer for the Reds, but you need to maintain some subjectiveness to your covering of the game. But its claims like "Jay Bruce is the best RF and maybe OF in major league baseball right now" that really show the mentality of their job. There are homers, but I really don't want to hear them tell me how great every player is and how they should all be All-Stars, Gold Glover's and future HOF'ers. I am a sports fan first, I want to hear about the game, not have the Reds shoved down my throat. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:55 PM 10-09-2010
I am not calling them morons as people. :-)

I was commenting on their useless talk they use to fill the gaps in boring games and how they are so 1000% biased to anything Reds. I realize they are paid to cheer for the Reds, but you need to maintain some subjectiveness to your covering of the game. But its claims like "Jay Bruce is the best RF and maybe OF in major league baseball right now" that really show the mentality of their job. There are homers, but I really don't want to hear them tell me how great every player is and how they should all be All-Stars, Gold Glover's and future HOF'ers. I am a sports fan first, I want to hear about the game, not have the Reds shoved down my throat. :-)
I agree 100% except for Marty and Brantley. I love that duo on the radio.:-)

Son of Marty has gotten better, but he's still not good. I don't mind him calling NFL games on FOX, but he does nothing but tell crazy stories during Reds games.
[Reply]
hotreds 04:01 PM 10-09-2010
There is a knob or button on your tv and remote with "volume" on it. Easy enough not to have to listen to them. I guess you guys must really have hated Joe Nuxhall, the biggest homer on God's earth.
[Reply]
Starscream 04:06 PM 10-09-2010
There is a knob or button on your tv and remote with "volume" on it. Easy enough not to have to listen to them. I guess you guys must really have hated Joe Nuxhall, the biggest homer on God's earth.
Nuxhall was a legend. I don't have a problem with the announcers rooting for the Reds (God knows I get enough of the commentators/play-by-play men rooting for the Braves down here). My main problem is with Son of Marty constantly telling stories during the game. It's as if he doesn't even realize there's a game going on. He's gonna finish his story regardless of what happens on the field. He could be talking about his underwear being in the laundry, and while he's telling his story, Votto could have hit a grand slam, but he's gonna finish his story before he mentions Votto's accomplishment.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:10 PM 10-09-2010
I am too ADD to watch a game with no sound. Its just hard to watch a game and listen to them make excuses for bad plays or terrible at-bats just because they are paid to try to make the Reds look good. Thats why I get upset when the ESPN games are blacked out because no one even goes to the games. I never listened to Nuxhall. I am a sports fan first, I am a Reds fan by default, thusly I want to listen to sports commentary, not Reds commentary. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:18 PM 10-09-2010
I hate to talk about next year when we haven't been eliminated yet, but it looks dark for Cincy right now, so what do you think we'll be doing about third base next year? Rolen has been a very important part of getting us here, but it looks as if he's done all he's going to do for us. Any thoughts? Left field is up for grabs in my book too, even though I have been a Gomes fan this year too. First, second, rf, and cf are pretty much a lock for next year, but 3rd, lf, and maybe short should be under very tight scrutiny.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:25 PM 10-09-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I hate to talk about next year when we haven't been eliminated yet, but it looks dark for Cincy right now, so what do you think we'll be doing about third base next year? Rolen has been a very important part of getting us here, but it looks as if he's done all he's going to do for us. Any thoughts? Left field is up for grabs in my book too, even though I have been a Gomes fan this year too. First, second, rf, and cf are pretty much a lock for next year, but 3rd, lf, and maybe short should be under very tight scrutiny.
I know everyone likes Stubbs, but he has hardly shown that he is a long term answer in CF. He would be best suited for pinch running. He can't get on base and leads the team in K's. He swings wildly at bad pitches and doesn't make any kind of spectacular plays in the OF. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 04:27 PM 10-09-2010
I know everyone likes Stubbs, but he has hardly shown that he is a long term answer in CF. He would be best suited for pinch running. He can't get on base and leads the team in K's. He swings wildly at bad pitches and doesn't make any kind of spectacular plays in the OF. :-)
I agree with you on Stubbs, but Dusty has fought and fought for the kid this year. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same next year as well. Remember Dusty sticking up for Patterson and Taveras the last two years?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:32 PM 10-09-2010
I agree with you on Stubbs, but Dusty has fought and fought for the kid this year. I'm pretty sure it'll be the same next year as well. Remember Dusty sticking up for Patterson and Taveras the last two years?
I am not saying he will sit, I am just saying he should sit. Kind of like they will pitch Arnoldis Chapman everyday until his arm falls off regardless of how well he does (see: Homer Bailey). They have the kids there for a reason, but there is a difference between being stubborn and not wanting to admit you are wrong and doing what is right for the franchise. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 05:18 PM 10-09-2010
I guess we'll hafta agree to disagree. I like Thom Brennaman, Chris Welsh, The Cowboy, and Marty. You need to remember that most of folks watching the Reds telecast are Reds fans, so they don't mind a pro-Reds announcing style. Thom's style is folksy, I like it. You guys are too young to remember guys like Dizzy Dean and Phil Rizzuto who kept talking about buying pizza after the game at a place that was a competitor for a sponsor of Yankees baseball and even Waite Hoyt for the Reds, who regailed audiences with stories of his days with the Yankees of the late 1920s.

The Reds had a good season, hopefully they'll go farther in 2011!
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:08 PM 10-09-2010
I guess we'll hafta agree to disagree. I like Thom Brennaman, Chris Welsh, The Cowboy, and Marty. You need to remember that most of folks watching the Reds telecast are Reds fans, so they don't mind a pro-Reds announcing style. ...
I agree with Hugh. I like them all. The Cowboy cracks me up with his southern terms. "Mississippi Yellow hammer" I also crack up whenever he talks about eating his ribs :-)
[Reply]
Ewingrules 08:16 AM 10-10-2010
Jay Bruce catch the damn ball!!!
[Reply]
Starscream 02:13 PM 10-10-2010
I agree with Hugh. I like them all. The Cowboy cracks me up with his southern terms. "Mississippi Yellow hammer" I also crack up whenever he talks about eating his ribs :-)
I wanna go eat with Brantley one day. I bet that would be a helluva meal!
[Reply]
hotreds 02:52 PM 10-10-2010
I wanna go eat with Brantley one day. I bet that would be a helluva meal!
And a great conversation!
[Reply]
Starscream 05:53 PM 10-10-2010
Braves/Giants need to hurry up so we can see the Reds!
[Reply]
Page 78 of 225
« First < 2868767778 798088128178 > Last »
Up