Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 77 of 138
« First < 2767757677 787987127 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
icehog3 11:23 PM 04-08-2011
He did the interview after the 1st, Matt, seems like a great kid indeed.

Hawks need at least an OT loss Sunday to be sure.....Stupid Stars, Stupid Yotes, Stupid Sharks, Stupid Kings, Stupid Ducks. :-)
GreekGodX 09:02 AM 04-09-2011
Lousy game by the Wings last night :-) We had fun at the game but Blackhawks dominated and there were a lot of Hawk fans to throw salt on the wound. If the same Wings show up for tomorrows game and the playoffs, Hawks will be in the playoffs, and it will be a short postseason for the Wings.
icehog3 09:09 AM 04-09-2011
I sure hope the same Hawks show up tomorrow or they could very well be out of the playoffs, Son. Let the old man's team in, you can have a shot at them again later. :-)
E.J. 09:55 AM 04-09-2011
Not a surprise, but sad all the same, Foote announced he is done.
icehog3 03:48 PM 04-09-2011
Rangers win their game, will the Canes follow suit?
Ahbroody 05:54 PM 04-09-2011
Looks like with everything on the line the Canes decided to go and $hit the bed.
OOOoooo and Ottawa has fired yet another head coach :-)

Sharks had lost Clowe the current true captain of the team and Setto. Limping into the playoffs like the Wings. Yeah!!!!!! I smell some possible first round upsets.
icehog3 06:02 PM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Looks like with everything on the line the Canes decided to go and $hit the bed.
OOOoooo and Ottawa has fired yet another head coach :-)

Sharks had lost Clowe the current true captain of the team and Setto. Limping into the playoffs like the Wings. Yeah!!!!!! I smell some possible first round upsets.
I certainly hope so. if the Hawks finish 7th. :-) :-)
Ahbroody 06:20 PM 04-09-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I certainly hope so. if the Hawks finish 7th. :-) :-)
Awwwwww still waiting for the ticket to the dance huh? Lets just hope last years Cinderela dont turn into a chamber maid.
I am sure the Wings would love nothing more then to end your season. As I always say I just want to see good hockey. Fan of the game first Sharks fan 2nd. If they do meet in round one thinking the Sharks will put up a good fight given last years humiliation and Nemo wanting that revenge also. Thats why they play the game. We want the Kings though lets be honest who doesnt.
icehog3 06:30 PM 04-09-2011
I am frankly scared to death about tomorrow's game, Mike. Don't want to rely on the Wild, that's a losing proposition. :-)

I agree, the game first. I love playoff hockey, and will follow it religiously even if the Hawks miss the dance.
Bruins Fan 06:38 PM 04-09-2011
Timmy, the record is his Tuukka is playing tomorrow.
Thomas increased his save percentage to .938—surpassing Dominik Hasek’s(notes) .937 set in 1998-89. If he doesn’t play the regular season finale Sunday, the record is his.
icehog3 06:40 PM 04-09-2011
Congrats to Thomas. If he can play at that level in the playoffs, the Bruins have a legitimate shot.
icehog3 07:37 PM 04-09-2011
Rangers win their game, will the Canes follow suit?
Nope...sorry, Joe.....I could be in the same boat with you tomorrow. :-)
GreekGodX 06:07 AM 04-10-2011
I sure hope the same Hawks show up tomorrow or they could very well be out of the playoffs, Son. Let the old man's team in, you can have a shot at them again later. :-)
Well if the Hawks lose in regulation and the Stars win in regulation or in OT, the SO tiebreaker doesn't help because both teams would have 38 wins. Hawks 44Wins-6SOW=38Wins Stars 43Wins-5SOW=38Wins. It would come down to the season series. Looks like the Hawks have a good chance of making it :-) but I still can't root for them to beat my team :-)

Originally Posted by :
3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
4. Goal differential.

icehog3 07:13 AM 04-10-2011
Stars won the season series 3-1. :-)
GreekGodX 07:21 AM 04-10-2011
Stars won the season series 3-1. :-)
Well the good news is the Hawks own their destiny. And they could jump in the standings if they do win by virtue of the tiebreakers. I got a headache this morning trying to figure out all the scenarios.
icehog3 07:23 AM 04-10-2011
I just wish the Hawks were playing the Wild and the Stars were playing the Wings. :-)
GreekGodX 07:40 AM 04-10-2011
I just wish the Hawks were playing the Wild and the Stars were playing the Wings. :-)
That would work out for both of us now wouldn't it, Pops :-) At least how it has worked out this season the league did get some scheduling right by having division games at the end of the season.
E.J. 08:28 AM 04-10-2011
Avs are going to finish the season with a win today, I feel it....:-)
kugie 08:30 AM 04-10-2011
I took my wife and two oldest kids to the Bruins game yesterday, Good game to go to. I was happy they won and got the goals needed to keep two eight year olds interested.

Well the B's First round match up is set we get the Canadians.
I can only hope it is not to emotional and if they win the first series they don't blow it all and leave nothing left for the second series.

Gotta Love it Play off Hockey Baby:-)
icehog3 10:29 AM 04-10-2011
Let's Go Blackhawks!!
Page 77 of 138
« First < 2767757677 787987127 > Last »
Up