Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 77 of 111
« First < 2767757677 787987 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
gpugliese 04:10 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Nectar Ales Black Xantus

Have you had any yet? I'm curious what other imperials it would be comparable to. A place near me has quite a few of them but I've never thought to grab one.
[Reply]
manny 04:41 PM 10-14-2011
For Oktoberfest i had a few SPATEN beers. WOW they were awesome. Very smooth. Cant wait to find them locally. Very Recomendable .
[Reply]
newcigarz 07:33 PM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by gpugliese:
Have you had any yet? I'm curious what other imperials it would be comparable to. A place near me has quite a few of them but I've never thought to grab one.
Yep, very good stout with great coffee flavor. Probably could use some cellar time though.

[Reply]
icehog3 12:37 AM 10-15-2011
Went to the liquor store before the game to get a 12 of Guinness for the post-game.BBQ, and they have a large shipment of Three Floyd's Dreadnaught. Read about it on Beer Advocate and think I need to pick up a couple bottles tomorrow. Maybe an Avery Czar as well.
[Reply]
newcigarz 05:50 AM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Went to the liquor store before the game to get a 12 of Guinness for the post-game.BBQ, and they have a large shipment of Three Floyd's Dreadnaught. Read about it on Beer Advocate and think I need to pick up a couple bottles tomorrow. Maybe an Avery Czar as well.
Dreadnaught :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 05:21 PM 10-15-2011
Two bottles of SN Northern Hemisphere and a bottle of Jolly Pumpkin la Parcela

[Reply]
landhoney 08:05 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
Two bottles of SN Northern Hemisphere and a bottle of Jolly Pumpkin la Parcela

I've got one of those JP's in the cellar, what bottle date is yours?
[Reply]
newcigarz 08:53 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I've got one of those JP's in the cellar, what bottle date is yours?
[Reply]
Trace63 12:26 PM 10-17-2011
From this past week:

Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Founders Red Rye
Founders CBS
Founders Centennial IPA
Founders Harvest Ale
Founders Backwoods Bastard
Firestone Walker Double Jack
DFH World Wide Stout
Ithaca Flower Power
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:15 PM 10-18-2011
[Reply]
Trace63 06:44 PM 10-18-2011
Sixpoint bengali tiger
[Reply]
kydsid 07:30 AM 10-19-2011
IMAG0073 by kydsid, on Flickr
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:33 AM 10-20-2011
Celebrating the cooler temps here in Florida with some fresh Fall beers.
Tequesta Brewing Oh My Gourd, and Vantoberfest.

[Reply]
MurphysLaw 11:36 AM 10-20-2011
I need to get a refill of the Vantoberfest, my bottle didn't last long at all
[Reply]
rizzle 11:55 AM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Trace63:
You find Weyerbacher to be toned down on spice?

Then wtf are my tastebuds smoking? lol
That's what I was thinking. You guys turned me on to that one a few weeks back and it's one of the best I've ever had. I know what to go looking for next year.
[Reply]
rizzle 12:03 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by cobra03:
In my experience most pumpkin beers tend not to be very hoppy. Im a big fan of the Southern Tier Pumpking if you can find it. Dog Fish Head also makes a good one.
Cant get better than Dogfish Head and Weyerbacher
Just wanted to thank you guys for the recommendations. Picked up those three. The Pumking was great, the DFH was really good, and the Weyerbacher was outfreakingstanding. I went back looking for more to no avail. I can guarantee I'll be ready for them next year when they're released. :-)
[Reply]
mase 12:33 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by manny:
For Oktoberfest i had a few SPATEN beers. WOW they were awesome. Very smooth. Cant wait to find them locally. Very Recomendable .
I think the Spaten Octoberfest is the best of the fall beers. They went pretty fast in my local beer distributor.
[Reply]
Mark C 12:59 PM 10-20-2011
You find Weyerbacher to be toned down on spice?

Then wtf are my tastebuds smoking? lol
Yep, at least compared to Buffalo Bill's. Less vanilla/whipped cream flavor than Shipyard and Pumking. More spice than DFH, among others.

Time to move on to stouts though, had my fill of pumpkin beer this year.
[Reply]
cobra03 10:36 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Just wanted to thank you guys for the recommendations. Picked up those three. The Pumking was great, the DFH was really good, and the Weyerbacher was outfreakingstanding. I went back looking for more to no avail. I can guarantee I'll be ready for them next year when they're released. :-)
Any time glad you enjoyed them. :-)
Originally Posted by mase:
I think the Spaten Octoberfest is the best of the fall beers. They went pretty fast in my local beer distributor.
Spaten oktoberfest is a staple for me this time of year more so this year as i can not find Paulaner Oktoberfest in bottles for what ever reason.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:16 AM 10-21-2011
Bought a 4 pack of Dragons Milk and some Breckenridge Vanilla Porter last night.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 111
« First < 2767757677 787987 > Last »
Up