Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 77 of 138
« First < 2767757677 787987127 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
SteelCityBoy 07:28 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I would recommend the DE Opulence 3, it has amazing construction, burn and smoke output. I must admit the smell it puts out is captivating. While I don't smoke infused anymore, I don't mind if somebody else is smoking an O3 while I am nearbye. It is the only infused cigar I would consider smoking again. I would give pretty much any other one away to a non-smoker or female.
I second this notion:-)

The Acid O3 is probably the only infused cigar I will smoke and I must admit they smell great and taste great. Try it for yourself and see what ya think! I think some of the folks on here that don't like the Acid line may even side with me on this one:-)
[Reply]
WittyUserName 07:31 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by manny:
The above just about hits it on the head, however, with smoking a cigar or whatever, the length of the finish usually refers to how long the aftertaste of the tobacco and other nuances remain with you, after the smoke has ended. An example would be that, after smoking a mild cigar, such as a Gispert, the after taste may remain with you for 15, 30, maybe even 45 minutes, however, after smoking a truly full bodied cigar, such as an Opus-X, the after taste may actually be with you for several hours, and in some cases even longer!

After every smoke. I usually have an after taste that last for hours. Is it me or the cigar. I don't think all the cigars Ihave smoked are full bodied.
I do not think it is you. I make sure to brush my teeth and then use mouth wash.
[Reply]
bobarian 07:32 PM 10-12-2011
I usually just light another cigar. Voila, no aftertaste. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:44 AM 10-13-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I usually just light another cigar. Voila, no aftertaste. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Bob is wise!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:27 AM 10-14-2011
I just purchased a bundle of 20 Nic 3000s. Should I unwrap the bundle in my coolidor or can I just leave it sealed in the original packaging in my cooler?
[Reply]
pnoon 05:30 AM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I just purchased a bundle of 20 Nic 3000s. Should I unwrap the bundle in my coolidor or can I just leave it sealed in the original packaging in my cooler?
Doesn't matter. Personal preference.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:46 AM 10-14-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Doesn't matter. Personal preference.
Okay thanks, I prefer to leave it in the wrapper then.:-)
I had a few unjust concerns over analyzing again I am sure!
[Reply]
never_enough 10:21 PM 10-15-2011
How important is it to buy a nicer cutter? I haven't smoked a lot, but I have never had an issue with cheaper ones.
[Reply]
Bill86 10:22 PM 10-15-2011
If whatever cutter you are using gets the job done nice and cleanly.....not very important.

If you're tearing wrappers and cracking caps, probably much more important.
[Reply]
never_enough 10:26 PM 10-15-2011
Sweet. $30 more bucks towards cigars.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 10:27 PM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
If whatever cutter you are using gets the job done nice and cleanly.....not very important.

If you're tearing wrappers and cracking caps, probably much more important.
The CA drunk has spoken
[Reply]
T.G 10:33 PM 10-15-2011
Originally Posted by never_enough:
How important is it to buy a nicer cutter? I haven't smoked a lot, but I have never had an issue with cheaper ones.

The biggest issue that I've found with some of the cheaper cutters is that the blades dull very quickly, resulting in ragged cuts, cracked or torn wrappers and in extreme cases, partially crushed cigars. Sometimes the blades spread apart from each other meaning that when you cut a cigar, you get a ridge of tobacco where the blades meet. Now, some of them don't develop these issues very quickly, while others do.

So I would say, when you feel that you want one, are sick of the cheap cutter, or you feel that you are dulling the cheap cutters and don't want to deal with them anymore.

I know people who have been smoking for over a decade and they still just buy the $1.50 cutters from CI/JR/Famous, and just have all these cheap cutters lying around everywhere.

It's all personal preference.
[Reply]
never_enough 10:46 PM 10-15-2011
I want to get one, but since I'm just starting out I would rather spend the money on cigars so I can find what I like. Once I start smoking on a regular basis then I will get a good one. That's my plan anyways now
[Reply]
pnoon 05:32 AM 10-16-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
The CA drunk has spoken
This is not a banter thread. Let's keep it that way.
[Reply]
kydsid 07:55 AM 10-16-2011
Originally Posted by never_enough:

I'd like to add that when you do decide to spend money on a good cutter ONLY buy one with a lifetime warranty.
[Reply]
gbum 08:00 AM 10-16-2011
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I'd like to add that when you do decide to spend money on a good cutter ONLY buy one with a lifetime warranty.
should change it to expensive... then make sense:-)
[Reply]
manny 08:15 AM 10-16-2011
Should you/Can you dip the butt of your cigar into your drink, ie Cuban coffee , whyskey etc. I enjoy doing it with a nice cafecito .
[Reply]
kydsid 08:20 AM 10-16-2011
Should you/Can you dip the butt of your cigar into your drink, ie Cuban coffee , whyskey etc. I enjoy doing it with a nice cafecito .

Sure you can, if you like it don't worry about what outhers think. I haven't tried coffee but I have dipped cigars in brandy and whiskey.
[Reply]
never_enough 04:59 PM 10-16-2011
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know you could buy one with a lifetime warranty.
[Reply]
never_enough 05:00 PM 10-16-2011
You can if you want. I have a few friends that always dip their cigar in bourbon.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 138
« First < 2767757677 787987127 > Last »
Up