Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 77 of 334
« First < 2767757677 787987127177 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda,Chainsaw13 and Icehog3 II
GreekGodX 07:00 PM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by swingerofbirches:

I've been listening to a lot of their old podcasts while doing cardio and in the sauna afterwards. Some rly good info and cool/interesting guests on there. I was listening to the one about sleep (The One Thing That'll Make You Better At Everything) and it's been excellent!
The sleep episode was one of my favorites. I wish the podcast was a little less "bro" sometimes. Otherwise a lot of really good information. Some of my other favorites were with Tim Ferriss, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Louie Simmons, AJ Roberts, Roop Sihota, Kelly Starret, Jill Miller

I'm in the minimal shoe (new balance with vibrate bottoms) squatting and deadlifting category. I only use my weightlifting shoes for olympic lifts or any standing overhead pressing.
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 08:22 PM 05-28-2015
lol I hear ya about the "bro" vibe but I can easily put up with it for the quality of the info.

I liked the Mark Divine/Unbeatable Mind episode too. Made me wanna check out that book.

I'm a shoe plebe ... I use a pair of fairly flat bottomed Nike trail runners. I've been tempted to go socks only but my feet are super stinky so I've opted against it LOL
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 08:31 PM 05-28-2015
I'm more of a low top chucks guy and my Romaleos on skwat days.

Shouldahs today

Seated DB press 5x8
Side delt raise 4x10
Landmine single arm press 5x8-10
Seated front raise 5x8-10
Upright row 4x10

Incline DB curlz for funnsies to end the day 3x6 heavy, 3x8 moderate

How can I forgot, it's National Burger Day. Going to enjoy a couple double doubles from In-n-Out
[Reply]
icehog3 10:19 PM 05-28-2015
"Barbell Shrugged" is the name of the podcast, Son? I'm gonna have to check that out, sounds like some interesting stuff.

Huy, I didn't even know it was National Burger Day and I had a 1/2 lb sirloin burger after hockey...I'm so trendy!

Tear it up manana, Men! :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 11:29 PM 05-28-2015
I ate a few...
[Reply]
area51 04:56 AM 05-29-2015
I'd love to see more numbers guys.
Keep up the great work everyone.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 05:23 AM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
"Barbell Shrugged" is the name of the podcast, Son? I'm gonna have to check that out, sounds like some interesting stuff.

Huy, I didn't even know it was National Burger Day and I had a 1/2 lb sirloin burger after hockey...I'm so trendy!

Tear it up manana, Men! :-)
That's it, Pops :-)
[Reply]
Sancho 10:52 AM 05-29-2015
Charlie, I got my vibrams off amazon for 13$ was going to get chucks, but they cost double. They are lime green, very subtle haha. It was about closest I could get to socks after the one trainer read me the riot act for barefoot squatting.

I do wonder if I need a altitude training mask to complete my trendiness.

Good lifts men!
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 11:37 AM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by area51:
I'd love to see more numbers guys.
Keep up the great work everyone.
You looking for anything specific or just more detail regarding everyone's every day lifts? PRs?
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 11:38 AM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by Sancho:
Charlie, I got my vibrams off amazon for 13$ was going to get chucks, but they cost double. They are lime green, very subtle haha. It was about closest I could get to socks after the one trainer read me the riot act for barefoot squatting.

I do wonder if I need a altitude training mask to complete my trendiness.

Good lifts men!
$13? Wow that's cheap for any pair of shoes. Can't hardly get flip flops for $13 lol

Altitude masks always remind me of the Bane mask from Batman lol
I actually think they have use but just think that most people don't need em. Example: a buddy of mine lives here in Cincinnati but is training to climb Mt Rainier this fall so he uses one when doing hiking and running. Makes sense to me.
[Reply]
area51 11:44 AM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by swingerofbirches:
You looking for anything specific or just more detail regarding everyone's every day lifts? PRs?
Just to track eachothers progress and keep eachother motivated. By all means post whatever you feel confortable with I just love seeing what people are moving.
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 12:39 PM 05-29-2015
I gotcha :-)
I used to list the weights but stopped when I was doing more pyramid/progressive loading type lifts and just never started back up.

Be forewarned, as I've said before, my upper body is pretty weak so don't expect mind blowing upper body numbers. lol

Today was supposed to be squats & light back/chest, but I tweeked my elbow ytrdy soon ...

Squats (wide stance)
Set 1 - 135x5 (warm up)
Set 2 - 225x5 (warm up)
Set 3 - 315x5
Set 4 - 405x3
Set 5 - 405x1 (failure on second rep)

Chest/Back Superset (light day) x 5
Flat Bench - 135x15 SS w/ Close Grip Anchored Row @ 90 (plus bar?) x 15 (so 5x15 of the SS)

My left elbow started hurting on my last set so I peddled off, like I should have done in the first place.

Saturday & Sunday are squat only days. I'll post up numbers on those too. :-)
[Reply]
area51 12:56 PM 05-29-2015
Loving those squat numbers brother. Good work. What are you using as far as supplements?
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 01:03 PM 05-29-2015
Loving those squat numbers brother. Good work. What are you using as far as supplements?
Thanks man! Hopefully I'll be able to keep pushing. :-)

Supplements are pretty tame ... I'll do 2 scoops of C4 before my lift, a 2 scoop protein shake during my lift and then a BCAA drink afterwards. I'm expiramenting with some Alpha T3 and Forskokin that a buddy gave me but they aren't usually a part of my long term supp routine.
I also take a multi-vitamin and Vitamin D.

What about you?
[Reply]
area51 01:08 PM 05-29-2015
I've been taking Mr. Hyde lately for pre and Optimum Nutrition Protein and Creatine post. Beyond that just fish oil and a multi vitamin.
[Reply]
swingerofbirches 01:12 PM 05-29-2015
I've been taking Mr. Hyde lately for pre and Optimum Nutrition Protein and Creatine post. Beyond that just fish oil and a multi vitamin.

I was think of going ONGS for the slight bit of extra fat compared to my current protein, since I'm low carb/keto now.

How u like the Mr Hyde? How does it compare to C4 or other more popular pre-workouts?

I don't take creatine as part of my routine. Granted, there's small amounts in the C4 but less than I'd be taking if it were part of my "stack". I'm tempted to start taking it once the fall hits as I'm more interested in losing fat this summer and it's pretty dang hard to bulk muscle and lose fat. :/ :-)
[Reply]
area51 01:15 PM 05-29-2015
I've never tried meth but I feel like this comes pretty close to it. It also has a thermogenic component in it so you sweat bullets. Needless to say it's a lot more powerful than C4. Give it a try.

Creatine is a must, I tell everyone I train that. It's cheap and it works. ON has capsules of it, 2 a day and you're set.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:36 PM 05-29-2015
You guys missed out on the good old days of 1,3 dma.

The pwo now are not nearly as "strong" as they use to be. I would'nt say it's technically better because everyone has preference on what the like to take, but as far as that "cracked out" feeling, pwos now are poo.

I trained without pwo a few times this week.

Here are my numbers from yesterday's dinner. :-)

Fries - 395 calories, 18/54/7
2 double doubles - 1340 calories, 82/78/74

I was health conscious and had a coke zero
[Reply]
GreekGodX 02:58 PM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
You guys missed out on the good old days of 1,3 dma.

The pwo now are not nearly as "strong" as they use to be. I would'nt say it's technically better because everyone has preference on what the like to take, but as far as that "cracked out" feeling, pwos now are poo.

I trained without pwo a few times this week.

Here are my numbers from yesterday's dinner. :-)

Fries - 395 calories, 18/54/7
2 double doubles - 1340 calories, 82/78/74

I was health conscious and had a coke zero
I still have a bottle of the old formula Jack3d. I love taking that once in a while for that old feeling :-) I haven't taken a pre workout in a while maybe I should have a couple scoops tomorrow :-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 03:26 PM 05-29-2015
For the guys talking about Mr.Hyde. The old formula was just called Hyde and that wZ insane as well.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 334
« First < 2767757677 787987127177 > Last »
Up