Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 77 of 129
« First < 2767757677 787987127 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
fhrblig 05:55 PM 05-16-2011
Thanks, man! I've done it before, so I know I can do it again.

Originally Posted by Starscream:
May I suggest that when you lose your first 25 that you smoke for at least a week? Cigars are too good to only smoke ONE every 25 lbs lost.
Ha, I couldn't do that now! I'm such a lightweight (so to speak) compared to some of the other guys on this board. If I smoked a cigar every day for a week, there'd be vomiting the likes of which you've NEVER SEEN! :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 05:55 PM 05-16-2011
welcome bob

how you get to smoke that next reward cigar soon!
[Reply]
Starscream 06:39 AM 05-17-2011
Three days straight of extensive cardio. I'm sore and I've gained two pounds. Taking today off for rest so my weigh in tomorrow might look decent.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:55 AM 05-17-2011
Hola from sunny Buenos Aires. I"m certainly in a quandry down here as far as eating. Steak, pizza, pasta, sweets. That's about it and all bad for a diabetic. At least the plant cafeteria has salads along with the main courses. Eating a lot of those.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:34 AM 05-17-2011
Don't stray to far, Bob.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:33 AM 05-17-2011
Welcome on board, Bob!!! :-)
Looking forward to seeing how you get it done.

Tough break on being stuck in Paradise with awesome food you can't eat, Pierogi King. :-)
I started losing weight when Lisa and I went on our honeymoon in Punta Cana. The food was ever-present and awesome. The restaurants were all amazing, but with multiple course fancy food the portions were small.
That really helped me. It really drove home the fact that food is around all the time and I don't have to eat like it's my last meal every time I sit down.
I lost weight on my vacation, changed my "how much I eat" habits, and haven't changed back. I swear, everything I do is bass-ackwards. :-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 11:28 AM 05-17-2011
Ok, this thread has been calling my name for too long. My name is Laura and I weigh 220. My husband was reciently diagnosed with diabetes so what we eat and portion size has changed. I just need to get out and start exercising. Can I come in here or is this just for boys?
[Reply]
kgoings 11:41 AM 05-17-2011
Tomorrow is weigh in! Insanity is getting easier but my legs are finished when I am done :-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:05 PM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by ashtonlady:
Ok, this thread has been calling my name for too long. My name is Laura and I weigh 220. My husband was reciently diagnosed with diabetes so what we eat and portion size has changed. I just need to get out and start exercising. Can I come in here or is this just for boys?
Of course you can join. Welcome, Laura!!! :-)
Andy is kinda mean sometimes, he's like a some kinda bootcamp badass, so don't let him hurt your feelings. Aside from that, you'll have fun. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:10 PM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by ashtonlady:
Of course you are welcome here. The more the merrier.:-) Lots of good info in here, and you can also see how others have succeeded/failed/still working at it.

Welcome aboard!
[Reply]
Starscream 12:11 PM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Of course you can join. Welcome, Laura!!! :-)
Andy is kinda mean sometimes, he's like a some kinda bootcamp badass, so don't let him hurt your feelings. Aside from that, you'll have fun. :-)
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
ashtonlady 12:14 PM 05-17-2011
Thank you Scott. My goal is 125 lbs and to be able to walk 5miles a day. Tonight I start with a 30 min walk. I also need to cut back on my beer consumption.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:21 PM 05-17-2011
Welcome aboard Bob and Laura. Congrats on the Insanity Kirk. It's like our own "Biggest Loser", but no one gets voted off.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:23 PM 05-17-2011
Pierogi King. :-)
Ha! Someone finally noticed that. Figured it was appropriate a couple years ago when we'd make 25-30 dozen pierogi during the holidays. Most would be given away.

I haven't had one in probably 6 months.
[Reply]
shilala 01:06 PM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Ha! Someone finally noticed that. Figured it was appropriate a couple years ago when we'd make 25-30 dozen pierogi during the holidays. Most would be given away.

I haven't had one in probably 6 months.
I'll make some for dinner in your honor. I have home-made cleveland polander pierogis in the freezer. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 01:16 PM 05-17-2011
I'll make some for dinner in your honor. I have home-made cleveland polander pierogis in the freezer. :-)
Enjoy! those sound delicious.
[Reply]
shilala 02:22 PM 05-17-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Enjoy! those sound delicious.
I couldn't find the pierogis, so I went with pigs-in-the-blanket (or galumpki for real polanders). Then as soon as I dug them out, I found the pierogis.
So pigs it is. I won't be having much because it's way more potassium than I'm allowed, but it'll be a nice change of pace. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 05:06 AM 05-18-2011
Found a great Italian place last night not that far from the hotel. Not that much of a Italian meal, more Spanish to be precise, but very good. Appetizer platter of serrano ham, machego cheese, roasted red peppers with oil/garlic, some grilled chorizo sausage and a mixed salad. Yea, lots of fat, but not that many carbs. :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:16 AM 05-18-2011
Sounds great Bob! :-)

Welcome Laura!

I came home last night starving!
I walked through the door and headed straight to the kitchen and was searching wildly for anything to stuff in my face.
My wife came over, told me to jump in the shower, and she would whip something up for me.
She Lied!
I got out, and she said, I didn't need to eat and I should just go to bed. I listened.
I woke up this morning still hungry.
I stopped at a 7-11 and grabbed a banana.
I shoved the banana down my throat with all the grace of a B Actress looking for her big break.
In the end, I feel like a huge fatso for not being able to control my appetite,
but I'm happy I grabbed the banana instead of the sausage egg and cheese I wanted.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:41 AM 05-18-2011
You can eat a lot of bananas and still be good, Dom. Don't feel guilty about eating fruit.

242 again today:-). At least it's not a gain, and I believe at least a pound of that today is from all the beans in my stomach from last night's taco soup. Does gas carry weight?:-)
[Reply]
Page 77 of 129
« First < 2767757677 787987127 > Last »
Up