Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 76 of 129
« First < 2666747576 777886126 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
Starscream 02:52 PM 05-15-2011
Just finished another hour plus with NFL Training Camp.:-)

Dom, Wii Fit strength training and yoga are the most beneficial. Only bad thing is they're kinda boring. Don't spend an hour on hula hoop hoping to get any success.:-)
[Reply]
hscmit 02:53 PM 05-15-2011
good job andy
[Reply]
Starscream 02:54 PM 05-15-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:
good job andy
:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 07:45 PM 05-15-2011
I also put in a mile on the 12 speed just now, but that's only five minutes of exercise. My thighs are sore though.
[Reply]
mfarre03 01:26 AM 05-16-2011
So..been on the HCG diet for a week now and I'm down 17 lbs. I know it sounds like a huge number for one week but remember I'm a huge guy, lol. 422 and now 405. Now I have to start getting my ass outside after dinner for at least a walk. In a month or two I should be in better shape to start the gym again.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 06:06 AM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by mfarre03:
So..been on the HCG diet for a week now and I'm down 17 lbs. I know it sounds like a huge number for one week but remember I'm a huge guy, lol. 422 and now 405. Now I have to start getting my ass outside after dinner for at least a walk. In a month or two I should be in better shape to start the gym again.
That's great! Congratulations!

I did a weigh-in today and am down to a solid 247 from 250 a couple weeks ago and 269 when I started.

Best of luck to everyone and remember WATER!
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:21 AM 05-16-2011
Nicely done Mike and Travis!

I'm quickly learning that water is the name of the game.
Scott, I tried no coffee one day last week and had a monster headache all day.
Today I brought half of what I normally bring and twice the water.
I also for the first time packed my whole days worth of food with me.
The real challenge will be not to eat it all by 3PM!
[Reply]
Starscream 06:24 AM 05-16-2011
Travis and Mike: Well done!:-)
Dom, sounds like you are on the right path. Keep it up!:-)

I'm ready to get home today so I can get in another workout.:-)

Started back eating fruit for breakfast and lunch today. That fried chicken patty or sausage and egg is too much in the mornings. Fruit is 0 points on my WW plan.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:39 AM 05-16-2011
This may be beneficial for those just starting out:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/paradehealth/
[Reply]
mfarre03 06:58 AM 05-16-2011
Good job men!! I know about drinking water, I have to down 200 oz a day...yeah, just LOOOOVVVEEEE water, lol
[Reply]
shilala 10:36 AM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Nicely done Mike and Travis!

I'm quickly learning that water is the name of the game.
Scott, I tried no coffee one day last week and had a monster headache all day.
Today I brought half of what I normally bring and twice the water.
I also for the first time packed my whole days worth of food with me.
The real challenge will be not to eat it all by 3PM!
Well done, brother!!! :-)
Little steps, my man. If it takes time to change stuff you're doing so that you can begin to lose weight, that's all part of the game. The little changes mean a lot.
I never thought about the no coffee headache. I can remember my ex drank so much iced tea that she'd get a headache without it. I suppose you have to taper off a bit. Half the coffee is great. Maybe in a week or two you can cut it in half again?
I drink Maxwell House Lite. It's got half the caffiene. I brew it weak and use lots of milk and water in it. It really isn't coffee at all when I'm done with it, but it's no good for me anyways, so I'm okay with it.
I'm just happy that you're well on your way and you're not giving up.
Don't forget that changes sometimes come with negative consequences, so don't be so concerned with the weight loss just yet. Be concerned with getting ready for it. You're doing great with that part so far, and this thing takes lots of time. Lots and lots of time. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:38 AM 05-16-2011
Where's super insanity Kirk? We haven't heard from him since the 11th. Isn't someone supposed to go kick his ass or send him a pm or something?
[Reply]
Starscream 10:46 AM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Where's super insanity Kirk? We haven't heard from him since the 11th. Isn't someone supposed to go kick his ass or send him a pm or something?
Gotcha.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:56 AM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Gotcha.:-)
That made me lol. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 11:41 AM 05-16-2011
I went out of town for my daughters gymnastics meet. And the internet at the hotel sucked. I am still doing it, I will weigh in on Wednesday. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts to keep me on track!

I did my workouts while I was out of town too! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:52 AM 05-16-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
I went out of town for my daughters gymnastics meet. And the internet at the hotel sucked. I am still doing it, I will weigh in on Wednesday. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts to keep me on track!

I did my workouts while I was out of town too! :-)
Good job! Dedication is what it takes. Weigh in for us both will be on Wednesday. Two more days to go.
[Reply]
Starscream 03:37 PM 05-16-2011
Another hour plus workout... I'm worn out.:-)
[Reply]
fhrblig 04:35 PM 05-16-2011
Well, I finally decided it's time to get off of my duff and start shedding the pounds. I'm not happy that I gained back all of the weight I lost since I got down to 170 in 2007. I want my energy back. I miss the feeling of running whenever I wanted, never having heartburn, and my knees not hurting. So, this time I'm giving myself an incentive that I think will do the trick. I've decided to not allow myself to smoke another cigar until I lose 25 lbs. Then I can smoke one, but after it's done it'll be back on the wagon for another 25 lbs. I'm going to do that hopefully 4 times and then I'll be around 175 (currently I'm just under 276).

Today I smoked the last stick that was in my humi, an El Baton 6x60. It was damn good, too. :-) That will probably be the one I choose 25 pounds from now.

I'm doing my best to avoid soda of any kind too. I went 30 days without any, then this past week I had a few but nowhere near the level I was drinking them before.

So, here goes. Good luck to all who are already on this road, and I hope to catch up at some point.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:22 PM 05-16-2011
Welcome aboard. May I suggest that when you lose your first 25 that you smoke for at least a week? Cigars are too good to only smoke ONE every 25 lbs lost. That's gonna be a long wait between cigars after the first 25.
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:51 PM 05-16-2011
Welcome Bob!
A lot of great guys and support here.
I'm just starting out myself and glad I came to this thread.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 129
« First < 2666747576 777886126 > Last »
Up