Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 76 of 138
« First < 2666747576 777886126 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Bruins Fan 07:54 PM 04-04-2011
Nice choke job by the B's, Timmy bites the bag :-)
Ahbroody 09:34 PM 04-04-2011
Took our minimite team to the Sharks game after their game tonight.
Cheap seats cotton candy lots of jacked up kids.
Wooooooooo.
rebelknight 09:54 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Took our minimite team to the Sharks game after their game tonight.
Cheap seats cotton candy lots of jacked up kids.
Wooooooooo.
Well you chose a great game to go to. Glad I was able to catch this one on VS. Go Sharks. It looks like they are sending a message tonight.
Ahbroody 12:24 AM 04-05-2011
Nichol qot us passes again to the reception area by the locker room this year so we got a few autographs. Highlight of the night was Micah getting Pavelski to sign his Jersey next to his number.
We let Joe know he wears number 8 because of him. I said it last year in the thread. There are some players who always come out and sign Pavs is one of them. Good old American boy.

Was a little bent wanted to bring Micahs skates as he wears Grafs and get Pavs to sign one, but was told they wouldnt allow of. I was told wrong. :-)
icehog3 12:35 AM 04-05-2011
Cool Mike, good for Micah! Pavelski had a monster game tonight.
GreekGodX 07:40 AM 04-05-2011
I couldn't believe the Bruins lost. I turned it off after they went up 3-0 to watch the College basketball National Championship. Apparently I missed a domination by the Rangers.

Cool to see Micah getting an autograph. I remember being a kid and I would go up to pro athlete's and I just wanted to talk to them. When they asked me if I wanted an autograph I would tell them no. Then I would offer if they wanted my autograph :-) I gave out quite a few autographs as a kid :-)
Bruins Fan 09:45 AM 04-05-2011
I couldn't believe the Bruins lost. I turned it off after they went up 3-0 to watch the College basketball National Championship. Apparently I missed a domination by the Rangers.

Na was no domination, the B's got 3 and then quit playing:-)
Prefy 09:10 PM 04-05-2011
Well all is right in the world the Toronto Maple Leafs have been official eliminated from the playoffs. :-)

Its pretty crazy to think that only the Leafs and the Panthers have not made the postseason since the lockout.

On a side note the Blackhawks are now following me on Twitter:-)
icehog3 03:45 PM 04-06-2011
Heading to the Hawks game shortly....and rooting for the Sharks again tonight.
Ahbroody 04:15 PM 04-06-2011
Your damn team needs to do some of the lifting eventually. They are doing everything they can to either miss the playoffs or face the Canucks.

As for the Sharks the pressure is off. The clinched the Pacific and I think they would rather face the kings in 6th then the Ducks in 7th. Wondering if the Sharks wont sandbag it to get third and the easier round one opponent. I say give the Wings second and let the Ducks pound on them for 6 games. They are nicked up anyway. May not be able to survive them for the series and if they do it will take its toll.
Ahbroody 09:47 PM 04-06-2011
Wow sharks look about as bad as I have seem them look in recent history.
This will not be good going into the playoffs if they face the Ducks.

Funny the Sharks played Nitty tonight and not Nemo. Will be interesting to see if they do anything in the third. Been a long time since Nitty played, but he damn sure isn't making an argument to get more starts.

Hey Tom you see Belfour bet on the game with a fan. Wow. :-)
icehog3 11:09 PM 04-06-2011
Your damn team needs to do some of the lifting eventually. They are doing everything they can to either miss the playoffs or face the Canucks.
:-) :-)

Hey Tom you see Belfour bet on the game with a fan. Wow. :-)
Belfour retired years ago....Turco, on the other hand.

I think the story has been pretty embellished by the fan. He claims at one point Turco "handed him a big wad of 5 dollar bills"...right, because NHL goalies carry wads of cash to the bench during games. :-)

I wouldn't be suprised if the NHL took some minor action, althougb it seems it was a joke, I don't thnk it was a very wise move.
icehog3 11:36 PM 04-06-2011

As for the Sharks the pressure is off. The clinched the Pacific and I think they would rather face the kings in 6th then the Ducks in 7th. Wondering if the Sharks wont sandbag it to get third and the easier round one opponent. I say give the Wings second and let the Ducks pound on them for 6 games. They are nicked up anyway. May not be able to survive them for the series and if they do it will take its toll.
They sure did tonight. :-)
Ahbroody 12:56 AM 04-07-2011
Crap Luls on Belfour.
Yeah that game was pure ugly. Funny they started Nitty. You dont want to say anything but pregame they were asking how they were going to get up for this game. Clearly they didnt.

Looking at the upcoming games Dallas could still snipe the Hawks.
Dallas has two against Colorado and one against Minn all very possible wins.
Hawks have to win atleast one of the last two both against the Wings. I have doubts on taking both. This really sets up an 8th place finish.

LA may drop both against the Ducks placing them in 7th
Preds play the Jackets and Blues and will win one likely 4th or 5th
Ducks likely 6th seed now. Thinking Sharks may want that 2 seed.

One things for sure there will be a lot of movement 4-8 this weekend. Going to be fun.
357 12:33 PM 04-07-2011
Wings didn't look too sharp in the third, which was all I caught of the Wings/Canes game. Worse yet is Z left early and didn't return. I hope they are just using it as an excuse to rest him.
icehog3 10:45 PM 04-07-2011
Stupid Stars. :-)
Ahbroody 10:52 PM 04-07-2011
R.I.P. E.J McGuire. Stunned to hear he passed today.
Rumor from Wikipedia is Leiomyosarcoma.

Tom I think the Stars are going to win out.
Hawks will have to win atleast one. Upside is Wings wont have Zett for the last two games
icehog3 11:05 PM 04-07-2011
R.I.P. E.J McGuire. Stunned to hear he passed today.
Rumor from Wikipedia is Leiomyosarcoma.

Tom I think the Stars are going to win out.
Hawks will have to win atleast one. Upside is Wings wont have Zett for the last two games
Hawks should take one, I think we might even pass one more team and catch #7....what a first round match up that would be, Mike. :-)
357 07:32 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hawks should take one, I think we might even pass one more team and catch #7....what a first round match up that would be, Mike. :-)
Missed out on those tickets for tonight, but I'll be watching from home for sure. Hoping for a great game, although the Hawks have more to play for. Really wish I had a decent TV I could put in my sunroom so I could have a smoke while watching the game.
Prefy 11:01 PM 04-08-2011
Ben Smith with his first career NHL goal in the Hawks 4-2 win!

Great kid, exactly the kind of player you want on a team.
Page 76 of 138
« First < 2666747576 777886126 > Last »
Up