Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 76 of 159
« First < 2666747576 777886126 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you reading?
CigarNut 06:40 PM 08-16-2011
The Good, the Bad, and the Uncanny (Nightside, Book 10) by Simon R. Green
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:10 PM 08-17-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Just finished The Ice Man - Confessions Of A Mafia Contract Killer
That is a very good book.

Tonight I finished Blood Covenant by Michael Franzese. It is a mob guy book. I recommend it :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:51 PM 08-19-2011
On to a new series...

Greywalker (Greywalker, Book 1) by Kat Richardson

BTW, (in case I have not said this recently :-)) I love my Kindle! :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 12:55 PM 08-19-2011
"Suttree" by Cormac MCcarthy

Great book and author, reminds me of Steinbeck writing about the human condition.
[Reply]
TonySmith 03:11 PM 08-19-2011
Not a novel, The Whiskey Companion.around 150 pages on the making of scotch whiskey.
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:19 PM 08-20-2011
Poltergeist (Greywalker, Book 2) by Kat Richardson
[Reply]
Moose6026 06:21 PM 08-20-2011
Also listening to The Closers by Michael Connelly while riding around
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 08:00 PM 08-20-2011
I'm about to scan Full Black by Scot Harvath
[Reply]
CigarNut 03:43 PM 08-23-2011
Underground (Greywalker, Book 3) by Kat Richardson
[Reply]
whodeeni 04:11 PM 08-23-2011
Recently finished: The Brass verdict by Michael Connelly

Reading: The Scarpetta Factor - can't remember the author
The 4hr Body by Tim Ferriss if you're looking to get into shape,
book is the truth!
[Reply]
irratebass 05:21 PM 08-23-2011
Originally Posted by Moose6026:
I heard that was a good read. Just started Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil by John Berendt.
Dan it's really good and hard to put down from page one. Highly recommended.

Getting ready to start RED by Sammy Hagar (I'm a sucker for biographies, autobiographies and true crime)
[Reply]
irratebass 05:24 PM 08-23-2011
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
That is a very good book.

Tonight I finished Blood Covenant by Michael Franzese. It is a mob guy book. I recommend it :-)
Never heard of that, tell me more.

Originally Posted by :
BTW, (in case I have not said this recently ) I love my Kindle!
Tell me the pros and cons CigarNut
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:34 PM 08-23-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Never heard of that, tell me more.

Tell me the pros and cons CigarNut
There are several threads here and whole forums on other sites dedicated to this question.

I like books -- I mean holding real paper books. I like the smell of paper books. When I vacation I take lots of books with me, which makes it a pain to travel. To make my life easier I looked around at e-readers and I like the Kindle the best. The E-ink screen is better than any other for reading. No eyestrain and I can read it anywhere. The Kindle holds lots of books and it is easy to download more (free and purchased).

Other people will have their opinions on other devices and we are all right -- we each have the best device for us. Before you buy just make sure that you really check out the screen -- indoors and (especially) outdoors in the Sun. The latter is why I don't have an iPad for reading (the glossy, backlit display sucks as an e-reader).

/EndThreadJack
[Reply]
irratebass 08:22 PM 08-23-2011
Thanks Michael.

My sis n law is dropping hints to my wife about getting me one for Christmas, but I am having a hard time jumping on to the wagon, considering they are one of the reasons Borders have went under, and that makes me sad.

Of course I could just be ignorant.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:22 PM 08-23-2011
I look bookstores too - love to browse and hang out. We have a local bookstore (Powell's) that is wonderful. Even though I have a Kindle I still buy real books. Like I said -- I like real books. My Kindle is a convenience that I have come to like and rely on, but I manage to live in both worlds...

IMHO, the economy and poor management had more to do with Border's problems that the Kindle and e-readers did...
[Reply]
shilala 10:40 PM 08-23-2011
Battlecry of Freedom. It's a long, drawn out book on the Civil War. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. No idea who the author is, I went past that page a long time ago. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 03:37 AM 08-24-2011
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I look bookstores too - love to browse and hang out. We have a local bookstore (Powell's) that is wonderful. Even though I have a Kindle I still buy real books. Like I said -- I like real books. My Kindle is a convenience that I have come to like and rely on, but I manage to live in both worlds...

IMHO, the economy and poor management had more to do with Border's problems that the Kindle and e-readers did...
You're probably right, that's why I said I was ignorant. :-) It just kinda reminds me of how downloading is killing the record stores.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:04 PM 08-24-2011
Vanished (Greywalker, Book 4) by Kat Richardson
[Reply]
iamsolitary 10:26 PM 08-24-2011
Trying to read A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, book 1) by George R. R. Martin. Tried to read it once before and stopped about 100 pages in.
[Reply]
RichardW 10:37 PM 08-24-2011
Raymond Chandler this summer -- the last one I read was Lady in the Lake.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 159
« First < 2666747576 777886126 > Last »
Up