Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 76 of 352
« First < 2666747576 777886126176 > Last »
General Discussion>First Firearm Thread.
looking for know 09:49 AM 05-09-2010
For my daughters...or at least the one who actually enjoys shooting with her dad.

Eleven 01:12 PM 05-09-2010
Don't think I have posted this pic, and after seeing some of the firearms here, I feel a little more than inadequate!

Got this last summer, and would love to get a Springfield Armory XD 9mm next.

This is a Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm:

loki 01:22 PM 05-09-2010
here's hopin the state lotto numbers on monday match my gun ticket numbers...delton ar15 .223 flat top shal be mine! actually i probably just gave the gun club more money...either way
Mark C 09:06 AM 05-29-2010
Time to bump this thread with some new pics :-)

Stag 6H upper, Spike's Lower, DPMS LPK w/ tuned 3lb trigger, Burris PEPR and Bushnell 4-12x40 sitting on top. My first AR, went together pretty easy, can't wait to load 'er up and hit the range.

Turkish M38 Mauser. I was told it 'shot well', but the darn thing was so loaded up with cosmoline I'm surprised/skeptical it shot at all. There was so much gunk in the bolt I doubt the firing pin would have moved. Cleaned up real nice though.

Anybody ever used a detachable mag on a Mauser? The follower spring and floorplate were rusted pretty bad and probably need to be replaced. If I've got to buy new parts, I'm leaning in that direction just for something different.
dunng 09:19 AM 05-29-2010
I got rid of my SW9VE and picked up a Glock 23... here in MA you can only get a pre 98 Glock that was in the state. :-)

http://twitpic.com/1nvy2d/full
TheManWithNoName 03:33 PM 06-06-2010
Originally Posted by dunng:
I got rid of my SW9VE and picked up a Glock 23... here in MA you can only get a pre 98 Glock that was in the state. :-)

http://twitpic.com/1nvy2d/full
Too bad about your state's poor laws, but nice upgrade bud! It's my understanding from various forums that the Sigma series are the weak point of S&W's lineup, kept around for price point. The "VE" or value-enhanced designation only came around after they were sued by Glock for design ripoff... anyway their M&P series gets great reviews but your Glock is a major step up IMHO. Love my G36...

Looks like a second-gen? Very nice.
gettysburgfreak 04:27 PM 06-14-2010
Finally got myself an AR! So freakin excited right now. I really wanted a DPMS or Rock River but when I went into a sporting goods store today I saw this Armalite Arms and really liked the camo look so I decided to finally buy one.

0002S 05:04 AM 06-16-2010
New AR build started....finishing it up soon.
gettysburgfreak 11:24 PM 06-17-2010
does anyone have any good sources for cheap .223 ammo?
awsmith4 11:30 PM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
This place is a favorite for some of my buddies, not sure if they have what your looking for but worth a try

http://www.armthepopulace.com/catalog/
elderboy02 05:02 AM 06-18-2010
Congrats on the new purchase.

Here is where I buy my ammo: http://www.aimsurplus.com
gettysburgfreak 08:50 AM 06-19-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Congrats on the new purchase.

Here is where I buy my ammo: http://www.aimsurplus.com

Thanks for the tip. Have you had good luck with the Wolf or PMC? I don't want to put low quality through my gun, but would love to be able to get 500 rounds for 100 bucks.
elderboy02 12:44 PM 06-19-2010
Thanks for the tip. Have you had good luck with the Wolf or PMC? I don't want to put low quality through my gun, but would love to be able to get 500 rounds for 100 bucks.
I haven't had problems with either brand.
HK3- 04:01 PM 06-20-2010
Fun day at the range. :-)

Ratters 08:18 PM 06-20-2010
ARs can be real finicky, some jam on the stuff other's handle it just fine. Buy a brick and try it out. You can always sell the rest if it doesn't work for you. Mine doesn't like the stuff but my buddy will bumpfire it all day long through his.

I'm thinking we are coming near the end of the ammo bubble, I'm thinking cases won't drop down to pre-rise prices but should settle in the $250 a case neighborhood. Sure, I'm talking out my ass but I'm still pretty sure I'm right. :-)

BTW, GBF, that is a sweet looking Armalite you got yourself. :-)
gettysburgfreak 10:35 PM 06-20-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
ARs can be real finicky, some jam on the stuff other's handle it just fine. Buy a brick and try it out. You can always sell the rest if it doesn't work for you. Mine doesn't like the stuff but my buddy will bumpfire it all day long through his.

I'm thinking we are coming near the end of the ammo bubble, I'm thinking cases won't drop down to pre-rise prices but should settle in the $250 a case neighborhood. Sure, I'm talking out my ass but I'm still pretty sure I'm right. :-)

BTW, GBF, that is a sweet looking Armalite you got yourself. :-)

Thanks Ratters. What attracted me to the gun was the camo, never really saw a stock one like it. When I bought it I bought 200 rounds of American Eagle ammo and put 60 rounds through it with no problem when I went to the range. today I picked up 100 rounds of Federal at Wal Mart and will be heading back out to the range tomorrow to put some more rounds through it. I am thinking I will order some PMC online once I run down my small supply and see how that goes.
pearson 12:45 AM 06-26-2010
I need to get some pics of my new Pink sig mosquito up here
Ender 10:46 AM 07-04-2010
[IMG]Image[/IMG]
Totally meant to add this photo a while ago of Christos and I with our new DW Valor's.
loki 11:07 AM 07-04-2010
recently i had matt build me a iwb/owb convertible holster for my 4" xd. Today i thought it would be a good day to try out the iwb part of it...that was until my wife reminded me that we had stuff to do which of course was just after i took the first mounting screw out of the owb attachments. I tried to put it back in with no luck but I didn't have time to really mess with it as my wife was walking out the door with my car keys. I sent matt a quick and confusing email with my problem and walked out the door. I get an email back from matt on my blackberry and we exchange 4 or so emails and then he asks me to call him.

I call matt and we discuss the problems i'm having and after a short conversation we figure out it's a problem with the mounting screw and that the IWB screws will fix the problem. I try that while on the phone with him and we got the holster fixed and i'm CCing and happy again. The problem ended up being a screw that wouldn't catch properly and while I insisted that it is not necessary for matt to do so, he insisted even more that he send me a replacement.

Matt and I have been emailing each other back and for a while now and I've always found matt to be knowledgeable and helpful as well as quick to respond to questions or concerns. I have absolutely no reservations about recommending http://www.invictuskydex.com/ to anyone who is looking for a holster
gettysburgfreak 04:38 PM 07-05-2010
bought myself a sig sauer red dot sight for my AR-15 this weekend. When I installed in on the rail to my gun it seems like its a little low for my eye, it doesnt feel comfortable looking through it. Does anyone know how I might be able to make it sit higher up on the rail? Do they make something to heighten sights? Any help would be appreciated.
Page 76 of 352
« First < 2666747576 777886126176 > Last »
Up