Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 75 of 82
« First < 2565737475 7677 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
Sawyer 01:06 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Height of the playoffs. Dead thread. Makes me sad.

Did anyone else think last nights game was poorly called?

Talking heads keep discussing the devils forecheck and how it may be the deciding factor if they win
It definitely was. Third period on was almost unbelievable. For a while I thought they were trying to give it to Phoenix.

As far as it being a dead thread, I guess that is what happens when the Canucks, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Bruins and Penguins all get knocked out in the first round. I think that made it great, but all those teams have pretty big fan bases.
icehog3 01:26 PM 05-23-2012
Shows you that a lot of the people who post here are Homers, Mike, so once their team is out, they are done. Others, including you and me, love the game regardless.

I think the Kings' forecheck is the most impressive in the postseason, so aggressive with 2 guys on the puck, knowing Quick and the D can bail them out.

Devils forecheck could pay off with the wear and tear they are putting on Girardi, Del Zotto, McDunagh and others....I am sure they are hoping for a tired bunch of Rangers D-men in Games 6 and potential Game 7. Although Clarkson has been a beast and he may be less than 100% after the last couple games.
E.J. 03:52 PM 05-23-2012

Talking heads keep discussing the devils forecheck and how it may be the deciding factor if they win
Fell asleep in OT of the Kings game while we were talking boxes....

Originally Posted by icehog3:
Shows you that a lot of the people who post here are Homers, Mike, so once their team is out, they are done. Others, including you and me, love the game regardless.
I am no so sure it is that, as much as some just are watching, but having no vested interest other than watching hockey....don't have enough to say about it to come on and discuss.

Meaning, I am not sure that they love the game more or less than those posting, just don't feel strongly enough about it after to come post.... Less emotional investment, need to express happiness or disappointment to the masses.

GO AVS!
E.J. 04:01 PM 05-23-2012
.....so the Brown hit on Roszival is getting a lot of play, thoughts?

Milbury & Roenick were going at it in ESPN this morning.....:-) I'm in the Roenick camp by the way.
Sawyer 05:20 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by E.J.:

Milbury & Roenick were going at it in ESPN this morning.....:-) I'm in the Roenick camp by the way.
Looked dirty to me last night when I watched it live and the couple replays they had during the game. Haven't taken a second look today or to see if Brown had anything to say about it.
icehog3 05:28 PM 05-23-2012

I agree with you and J.R., E.J..
Sawyer 05:45 PM 05-23-2012
After another viewing, I am going to change my opinion of 'dirty hit' to a 'bad, knee on knee hit, that came after the whistle and probably could have been avoided'. It should have been a penalty, but not worth supplemental discipline.
Bruins Fan 05:59 PM 05-23-2012
I'm watching..just don't have a dog in the fight,the cup winner will come out of the east :-)
Sawyer 06:05 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I'm watching..just don't have a dog in the fight,the cup winner will come out of the east :-)
As long as it isn't the Rangers, I'm cool with that. :-)
E.J. 06:12 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Sawyer:
As long as it isn't the Rangers, I'm cool with that. :-)
As I stated before, I think a NY vs LA final would be cool... Though I am not a fan of either the Rangers or Devils.... Whoever comes out of the East, I hope they lose in 7....
Sawyer 06:16 PM 05-23-2012
Wow. Unbelievable keep by Kovalchuk. And that was a really quick start.
Sawyer 06:27 PM 05-23-2012
As I stated before, I think a NY vs LA final would be cool... Though I am not a fan of either the Rangers or Devils.... Whoever comes out of the East, I hope they lose in 7....
Being a former Thrashers fan, I wouldn't mind seeing Kovalchuk and Hedberg getting a cup. Not a Devils fan though.
taltos 07:33 PM 05-23-2012

The announcers kept talking about the officials working their way into the Finals. Haven't seen too many referees who deserve to move on. It seems that the linesmen have done better. For the record, I do check the thread daily but seldom post any more.
E.J. 09:04 PM 05-23-2012
Wow, NY can't be happy right now..... NJ grinding
Sawyer 10:13 PM 05-23-2012
Wow, NY can't be happy right now..... NJ grinding
They can only be disappointed with themselves. They got a couple fluky goals or it would have been way worse. Going back to jersey, the devils definitely have the momentum.
icehog3 11:51 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I'll take that bet. :-)

Great game tonight....Rangers dominate, Devils win.
Eleven 09:36 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by taltos:
The announcers kept talking about the officials working their way into the Finals. Haven't seen too many referees who deserve to move on. It seems that the linesmen have done better. For the record, I do check the thread daily but seldom post any more.
Worst Officiating Season Ever.

I thought Doughty was gonna have an embolism right on the ice after the blown offside call.

Little calls like that *can* change games, and these guys are supposed to be the best of the best. You just can't miss stuff like that.

My biggest issue with the NHL isn't head shots, boardings or fights, it's the horrible officiating.
icehog3 11:59 AM 05-24-2012
Originally Posted by Eleven:
Worst Officiating Season Ever.

I thought Doughty was gonna have an embolism right on the ice after the blown offside call.

Little calls like that *can* change games, and these guys are supposed to be the best of the best. You just can't miss stuff like that.

My biggest issue with the NHL isn't head shots, boardings or fights, it's the horrible officiating.
They are human, Scott, they are gonna miss a call here and there. Game happens at lightning's pace at that level, and linesmen get caught in bad positions at times. We have the luxury of slow motion and instant replay. Not an easy job, to say the least, but until they install laser beam blue lines, huimans have to make the calls. :-)
Bigwaved 09:26 PM 05-24-2012
My fellas are in a big hole. Hopefully, they can get it back to the Garden for another game seven.
icehog3 12:40 AM 05-25-2012
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
My fellas are in a big hole. Hopefully, they can get it back to the Garden for another game seven.
I predicted 7 games for this series from the start. Rangers had their best game of the series in Game 5 (excepting Henrik)....I look for him to have a big bounceback game.
Page 75 of 82
« First < 2565737475 7677 > Last »
Up