Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 75 of 96
« First < 2565737475 767785 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
Apoco 08:59 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Oh wow the ending to the final quest in Skyrim was a bit disappointing :-)

Shame.
Yeah. It was. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Bill86 09:02 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Yeah. It was. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
No bonus items are anything special either :-)

That's one big complaint for me, the weapons and items are kinda weak and rewards often suck or are non-existent.

I wish everything was someone stat-level required. Because I'm wearing the same gear from level 22-24 at 38.5.

Now I'm wondering what to do :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 01:05 PM 01-24-2012
Kinda back into Skyrim, leveling my Khajit.

Currently level 52 with 150K gold. Alchemy takes forever to level but I made about 75,000 doing it.

The game is certainly broken if you enchant items to buff other items. Currently doing about 350 damage with a bow shot, not including sneak 3x bonus. 5 shotting dragons.

Can't wait for more content.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:08 PM 01-24-2012
Yeah there are a couple guides out there to maxing out your enchantments by enchanting armor pieces to increase alchemy then using that to create potions that increase smithing and....I don't know, it goes in circles forever until you've got uber everything. I can't be bothered.

Though I do want Enchantment 100 so I can double-enchant stuff. Fire and ice daggers have just got to be fun :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 10:23 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Yeah there are a couple guides out there to maxing out your enchantments by enchanting armor pieces to increase alchemy then using that to create potions that increase smithing and....I don't know, it goes in circles forever until you've got uber everything. I can't be bothered.

Though I do want Enchantment 100 so I can double-enchant stuff. Fire and ice daggers have just got to be fun :-)
That's what my bow is Fire and Ice. 273 damage base right now. 31/31 fire and ice.

Yeah it's a big circle. Starts with alchemy potions and buffing smithing to get the highest base damage bow, then alchemy to enchant it with enchanted enchanting buffing gear. A complete alchemy set as well.....

Gets ridiculous....I'll play with that later. I just got Smithing/Enchanting and Alchemy to 100. Alchemy took forever, probably 10 hours. But as stated, you won't need gold afterwards :-)
[Reply]
yellowgoat 08:36 PM 01-29-2012
I made an COD Elite clan called Morbid Alliance. If you have Elite free or premium come join. My game tag is Morbid Symmetry. I only have one member so far, but i hope we can get more.

I sent invites to some here from the xbox, like vs82 and such but don't know if he or they have elite.

Come join.
[Reply]
Apoco 08:32 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by yellowgoat:
I made an COD Elite clan called Morbid Alliance. If you have Elite free or premium come join. My game tag is Morbid Symmetry. I only have one member so far, but i hope we can get more.

I sent invites to some here from the xbox, like vs82 and such but don't know if he or they have elite.

Come join.
Psht - COD. BF3 is where it is AT! :-)

No - but really - I played far too much BF3 this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:47 AM 01-30-2012

Come join.
I am already a member of a clan otherwise I would consider it.

Send me a friend request if you would like to have a clan match sometime. GT: BLAK SMYTH
[Reply]
yellowgoat 11:55 AM 01-30-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I am already a member of a clan otherwise I would consider it.

Send me a friend request if you would like to have a clan match sometime. GT: BLAK SMYTH
I deleted the clan. I'll send you a fr though.
[Reply]
Apoco 12:23 PM 02-01-2012
So my collectors edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 arrived at my doorstep yesterday.

I got home at 7:00 and started playing around 7:30. Approximately 7 minutes later my alarm went off telling me it was 11 PM and to turn off the game :-)

The only complaint that I have so far is honestly the music (which is really weird to say about a Final Fantasy game)...it is obvious that the devs wanted to keep it light hearted - but there was a pretty painful scene tha tthey played upbeat, happy music through. WHY???

The game play is awesome, though. That's the main thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 06:06 PM 02-06-2012
I wasn't particularly interested in Amalur until I played the demo. Seems slick. Some game review site said a "speed run" took 200+ hours, so I preordered. I'm hoping Steam preloads, but it doesn't look like it.

Skyrim's construction set drops tomorrow as well. There's some whispers about additional content being added along with it.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:16 AM 02-07-2012
So my collectors edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2 arrived at my doorstep yesterday.

I got home at 7:00 and started playing around 7:30. Approximately 7 minutes later my alarm went off telling me it was 11 PM and to turn off the game :-)

The only complaint that I have so far is honestly the music (which is really weird to say about a Final Fantasy game)...it is obvious that the devs wanted to keep it light hearted - but there was a pretty painful scene tha tthey played upbeat, happy music through. WHY???

The game play is awesome, though. That's the main thing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Alright - so I've been playing this pretty much every night since I got it a week ago. There's some stuff that is starting to bug me about the game 20+ hours in
This music is still terrible.
One of the characters is cute and designed to lighten the mood. This game has the potential to be really serious and his little quips tend to ruin that.
Because of the way the game is set up - it is non-linear (or at least has the appearance of non-linear). This has led me to wondering what to do next on more than one occasion.
The last few areas I have been in have resulted in countless waves of monsters to battle. Way more so than you would think is possible.

Despite these flaws - I'm still really enjoying the game. The music is by far the most frustrating/aggravating. It is a constant of hearing the "Aggressive Mix" of each song. Give me the old school Final Fantasy music any day over this stuff :/
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:10 AM 02-08-2012
Amalur, first impressions:

If you like Skyrim, avoid it.

It plays more like a consoley dungeon siege thingamabob.

crafting is neat but it's an awful lot of grinding for very little benefit. Every once in a while you can come up with a component through looting or salvage that will make something good. But most of the time you won't.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 09:13 PM 02-09-2012
Meh. Changed my mind. 20 hours in and the problem is that I bought it just as I was running out of Skyrim content. It's not the same game to be sure. But it's definitely fun for a romp.

There are a list of about a dozen "non-combat" skills (alchemy, blacksmithing, persuasion, detect hidden, etc.) you can put one point in per level. But then I found out about the trainers. :-)

Apparently there's an in game "full respec" system as well, so no more starting from scratch to try another toon build.
[Reply]
cricky101 01:45 PM 02-10-2012
I have been playing the HELL out of league of legends lately. Dominion (new game type) has breathed a new life into it. I can finish a game in 20 minutes and there is more to it than "don't die more than the other team"
Posted via Mobile Device
I've been looking for game my girlfriend and I can get into that doesn't take all day to finish and a friend suggested Dominion.

I think I'll add it to my next Amazon order and check it out.
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 12:16 PM 02-14-2012
Originally Posted by cricky101:
I've been looking for game my girlfriend and I can get into that doesn't take all day to finish and a friend suggested Dominion.

I think I'll add it to my next Amazon order and check it out.

League of Legends is a free download :-)

The only thing there is to pay for is Riot Points (You use them to get locked characters, skins for the characters and runes later on).
[Reply]
Reaver2145 05:58 AM 02-15-2012
After pretty much giving up on EVE online ive been trolling my way through BF3 with my USAS and M320 PR0 pipe.

Also been modding skyrim to death so it looks like a real PC game.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:02 AM 02-15-2012
I deleted the clan. I'll send you a fr though.
:-)
Did you do this already?
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 11:29 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Reaver2145:
After pretty much giving up on EVE online ive been trolling my way through BF3 with my USAS and M320 PR0 pipe.

Also been modding skyrim to death so it looks like a real PC game.
Son of a B-word. When someone kills me with the USAS, I pull it out with frag rounds and double their score/kd :-)
[Reply]
Reaver2145 01:44 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
Son of a B-word. When someone kills me with the USAS, I pull it out with frag rounds and double their score/kd :-)
When someone dose that i move onto my engy class frag usas and rpg
[Reply]
Page 75 of 96
« First < 2565737475 767785 > Last »
Up