Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 74 of 75
« First < 2464727374 75 >
Sports>NHL 2013 Thread
mahtofire14 09:35 AM 07-06-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Yup, no real issues here with Cal.

I don't care how much Cooke cleans up his act, he ended Marc Savard's career and almost Erik Karlsson's. He should be out of the game himself, along with Raffi Torres. Torres cleaned up his game last season and was effective, but he should never have been allowed back in. :-)
I agree. Now not only are we going to not score goals next season because we got rid of Setoguchi (damn near our best goal scorer last season) but I'm going to have to hear everybody complain about Matt Cooke all season.
Ahbroody 10:58 AM 07-06-2013
Well I guess trying to sever a guys achilles with your skate blade isnt that dirty. Guy is a POS
Partagaspete 12:10 PM 07-06-2013
As an Isles fan I must say at first I was not to enthused about the Nino/Clutterbuck trade but after it settled inI am okay with it.

Hamonic 7 yrs' two UFA years tied up...F yes!!!! Second best player we have. and now for many, many more years. he had some great tweets post signing. Class act.

My only concern is still in net WTF we could not package our 15th and Nino for Corey.

well In Garth I trust. Many months before puck drop.

Can I Haz Hiller pleeez????
mahtofire14 03:48 PM 07-06-2013
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
As an Isles fan I must say at first I was not to enthused about the Nino/Clutterbuck trade but after it settled inI am okay with it.

Hamonic 7 yrs' two UFA years tied up...F yes!!!! Second best player we have. and now for many, many more years. he had some great tweets post signing. Class act.

My only concern is still in net WTF we could not package our 15th and Nino for Corey.

well In Garth I trust. Many months before puck drop.

Can I Haz Hiller pleeez????
You will like Clutterbuck. He hits everything in sight and he has a very underrated wrist shot.
AdamJoshua 04:19 PM 07-06-2013
Yup, no real issues here with Cal.

I don't care how much Cooke cleans up his act, he ended Marc Savard's career and almost Erik Karlsson's. He should be out of the game himself, along with Raffi Torres. Torres cleaned up his game last season and was effective, but he should never have been allowed back in. :-)
This and not even just ended his career really ****ed up his life.

Then you have Cindy defending him while she's out with a concussion and *****ing about head shots in the league, f_ck that POS too.
icehog3 04:45 PM 07-06-2013
Agree with all of you who say Cooke is a POS. I think I might have even said it earlier. :-)

Tony, I like Hamonic a lot, smart move locking him up.

Is it October yet? :-)
Partagaspete 05:08 PM 07-06-2013
Agree with all of you who say Cooke is a POS. I think I might have even said it earlier. :-)

Cooke is a player I would hate on my own team. like Phanueff (sp) or Briere.

I think clutterbuck could add some class to his game but not overly dirty. I'll take his gritz...

As far as Nino. we mismanaged him early on. but he also turned into a whinny demanding crybaby too. so this may be a good move for him to start over. He definitely has the skills but now he needs to get his head straight. if so. than Minny can easily come out on top with this trade. future will tell but I think the move had to happen for his sake as well as the Isles. Best whishes to him.
AdamJoshua 03:21 PM 07-10-2013
Breaking News, Bruins waste $56,000,000 on Rask.

8 yr deal worth cap value of 7,000,000 a year for the guy that gives up 2 goals in the last 17 seconds of a game to knock the bruins out of the finals.

WTF is this pay back for laughing at the Canucks for being stuck with Lou's noose around their neck's contract? thanks for nothing Chiarelli
Bruins Fan 05:13 PM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Breaking News, Bruins waste $56,000,000 on Rask.

8 yr deal worth cap value of 7,000,000 a year for the guy that gives up 2 goals in the last 17 seconds of a game to knock the bruins out of the finals.

WTF is this pay back for laughing at the Canucks for being stuck with Lou's noose around their neck's contract? thanks for nothing Chiarelli
You jest?
Rask is the reason the Bruins went so deep.
There are a lot of slices in the blame pie to go around.
Great to see the Bruins cleaning house,and the latest rumor is Marchand and Kelly are being shopped around?
Brad was a no show against the Hawks, and Kelly is a waste of roster space.
AdamJoshua 05:22 PM 07-10-2013
You think Rask is worth 7 MILLION a year for the next 8 years? No jest here, I think it's a huge waste of money and we are now going to be stuck with this guy come hell or high water, we are now in the same boat as the canucks. I guess this doesn't bode well for Subban.
Bruins Fan 05:27 PM 07-10-2013
That's what the going rate is..next season when the cap goes up you will see a lot of big contracts?

Subban is two or three years away if he is still in the organization?
AdamJoshua 05:33 PM 07-10-2013
3 yrs away and then 5 yrs of backing up a goalie no one will give us a bag of pucks for. :-)

I don't know I am not real thrilled with the "Sinden" job on players, I have read the rumors about Tyler S and if that's the case then yes cut bait and move on. LBH didn't have a great playoff is that the reason to dump him as well, I wonder how much of the partying, if there was, LBH was doing right next to Tyler.

Eh we'll see .. is it October yet? :-)
Bruins Fan 06:08 PM 07-10-2013
Seguin is a train wreck. did you hear his presser in Dallas?
He is happy know... he has a lot of single wingmen to run with what a tool.
Bruins Fan 05:03 AM 07-12-2013
This is funny stuff :-)

As the Stanley Cup was raised high over the head of Zdeno Chara in 2011, the Rogers Arena in Vancouver was full of Canucks fans.

Not a whole lot of Bruins fans were able to enjoy the moment in person, but Whitey Bulger did.

According to The Boston Liberal, an FBI agent who works in Boston followed Bulger for several weeks before making an arrest to find out who he was associating with during his time on the run.

As the agent was tailing him, Bulger traveled for over 20 hours from Santa Monica to Vancouver.

Why? Because it's the Cup.

Bulger reportedly drove to Canada, got tickets into the Rogers Arena, and saw his beloved Bruins win the Stanley Cup in person.

Exactly one week later, the now 83-year-old was arrested after many years on the run.
AdamJoshua 09:24 AM 07-12-2013
Ilya Kovalchuk decides to retire from the NHL leaving $77 million on the table from his NJ Devils contract to return to Russia.

Seems he just want's to play in St. Pete and that's that.
Mr.Maduro 01:46 PM 07-12-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Ilya Kovalchuk decides to retire from the NHL leaving $77 million on the table from his NJ Devils contract to return to Russia.

Seems he just want's to play in St. Pete and that's that.
This news ruined my day.
Partagaspete 08:50 AM 07-13-2013

Also, I just found out that our D prospects that are expected to make the NHL will make Hammer our SMALLEST Defender.

And unfortunately no, no it is not Oct yet.

Finally, Milbury sucks!!!!
mk05 11:46 AM 07-13-2013
Geno misses the super league...doubt he'd leave Crosby though
AdamJoshua 10:18 PM 07-15-2013
Originally Posted by Mr.Maduro:
This news ruined my day.
Originally Posted by :
MOSCOW — Russian team SKA St. Petersburg says it has signed forward Ilya Kovalchuk to a four-year contract.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/07/ilya-kovalch...rsburg-of-khl/
His sister said he wants to come back to the NHL in 3 years, kind of odd decisions if he wants to come back anyway, only problems are in 3 yrs he'll still be under contract to SKA and he'll need the Devil's permission to return to the NHL .. what do you think the chance are? :-)
icehog3 10:22 PM 07-15-2013
He sounds like a friggin' idiot. Either that or his sister is a lying female. :-) :-)
Page 74 of 75
« First < 2464727374 75 >
Up