Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 74 of 138
« First < 2464727374 757684124 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
Bruins Fan 07:56 AM 03-30-2011
I think we should call 911 and boycott Uno's because the bad man said something to Shawn Thornton as he was going off the ice to get 40 stitches to the head. :-)
icehog3 07:59 AM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
I think we should call 911 and boycott Uno's because the bad man said something to Shawn Thornton as he was going off the ice to get 40 stitches to the head. :-)
Was ita Fernando Pisani? He justa boy made outta wood.....wea call him Pinnochio. He's a gooda boy.
rebelknight 08:59 PM 03-30-2011
Is the the score ESPN is showing for the Detroit - St. Louis game for real? 3-10? Sharks can smell that blood in the water. Time to move into second in the west.
357 07:25 AM 03-31-2011
I didn't see them game but 10-3? What is defense?
taltos 07:52 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Thanks Paul....next time please just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice in it. :-) :-)
I was going to pour Stoli on it. Only the best for you Tom!:-)
icehog3 07:54 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
The Wings made the 2011 St Louis Blues look like the 1987 Edmonton Oilers last night. :-)

Originally Posted by taltos:
I was going to pour Stoli on it. Only the best for you Tom!:-)
:-) :-)
GreekGodX 08:06 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by 357:
and add what is a goalie? Joey Mac got killed then Babcock didn't do Todd Macallum any favors by throwing him in there. I believe it was his first NHL game.

Sharks can move to 2nd place with a win tonight against Dallas :-)
icehog3 08:09 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
and add what is a goalie? Joey Mac got killed then Babcock didn't do Todd Macallum any favors by throwing him in there. I believe it was his first NHL game.

Sharks can move to 2nd place with a win tonight against Dallas :-)
I don't know about Sharks 2nd place :-), but beat Dallas is a big :-) for Hawks fans. :-)
Ahbroody 11:16 AM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I don't know about Sharks 2nd place :-), but beat Dallas is? a big :-) for Hawks fans. :-)
You can't have A without B. You need A bad or that position gets really lean. I will let the boys know you are cheering for them to beat the Stars and take control of second. Given the last game this will be a nasty nasty game. They always are, but given Dallas position / desperation I don't know if they will pull this one out. I hope they do.
icehog3 02:04 PM 03-31-2011
I meant the :-) from Christos' perspective, doesn't matter much to me who comes in second...but it does matter to me that the Sharks win tonight. :-)
icehog3 02:22 PM 03-31-2011
ESPN.com reference Hawks-Bruins incident.

Originally Posted by :
Thornton was angry at someone on the Hawks bench during Tuesday's 3-0 win over Chicago after he was cut in the forehead by a skate. As he left the ice, bleeding, he heard some comments from the Hawks' bench which got him fired up. He made a move toward the bench but was restrained.

"Something was said," Thornton said after the game. "Obviously I can't swear when I talk to [the media]. There was some stuff said that I'm not happy about. I'm going to find out who it was and I will deal with it in my own way."

The Hawks weren't forthcoming Thursday with the exact comments that angered Thornton, but they brushed off his criticism.

"Someone said something to him," said Bryan Bickell, who works out with Thornton in the offseason. "Hopefully he's all right. I guess there were some words. I didn't hear it or who did it. It's all in good fun. There are times it gets heated, but I don't think our team is any different from any other team."

Hawks' enforcer John Scott called Thornton a stand-up guy until Scott was informed Thornton said "those guys on their team chirp a lot."

"He said that?" Scott exclaimed. "That's fine. He can say what he wants.

"He's going after some of our littlest guys on our team. He's trying to challenge [Fernando] Pisani to a fight. What's that say about him? Mr. Tough Guy, trying to challenge Pisani. If I'm in the lineup he's more than welcome to come and chirp me. I'll kick the [expletive] out of him."
I love hockey. :-)
Ahbroody 03:08 PM 03-31-2011
Holy crap that was Epic by Scott.
"Hey Thornton you're a bit$h. Grow a pair, come say something to me and I will kick your a$sssssss."
Bruins Fan 04:09 PM 03-31-2011
Thornton is still pissed says the player has no sack,and he will take care of matters when he gets a chance.
Thornton is not a goon he can play and will mix it up with anyone.
Thornton will beat Scott like a red headed step child.
Bruins Fan 04:22 PM 03-31-2011
Funny watching Bruins pre game and he was asked about Scotts comment
Shawn said who is Scott never heard of the guy ? :-)
icehog3 05:52 PM 03-31-2011
Thornton is still pissed says the player has no sack,and he will take care of matters when he gets a chance.
Thornton is not a goon he can play and will mix it up with anyone.
Thornton will beat Scott like a red headed step child.
Thornton can take care of himself fine, I admit.

Word is that it was Patrick Kane he was angry with, hopefully he will give the little imp a break.

Beat Scott like a RHSC? Let's just say Mr. Thornton is lucky Mr. Scott won't have a chance to take him up on that this season. :-) :-)
Ahbroody 06:35 PM 03-31-2011
Funny watching Bruins pre game and he was asked about Scotts comment
Shawn said who is Scott never heard of the guy ? :-)
Must of went to the Chris Pronger school of insults. Sounds very similar to the infamous "where is that, in the minors" comment about Burish. I do think comebacks of that type should be reserved for future hall of famers, but it was a good one.
Bruins Fan 06:51 PM 03-31-2011
Yes that is what they were saying Kane? A funny moment behind the net Kane tried to get something going with Chara,Chara looked down at him and swatted him away like a fly :-)
Bruins Fan 07:09 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Must of went to the Chris Pronger school of insults. Sounds very similar to the infamous "where is that, in the minors" comment about Burish. I do think comebacks of that type should be reserved for future hall of famers, but it was a good one.
I guess he will have to see Scott in the minors? One point in 40 games,the Blackhawks didn't even dress him for the game.Easy not to know who the guys is.
Ahbroody 10:49 PM 03-31-2011
I guess he will have to see Scott in the minors? One point in 40 games,the Blackhawks didn't even dress him for the game.Easy not to know who the guys is.

My point was in both situations the message being conveyed by the person making the statement is that the player being referenced is not on their level and doesn't belong on the ice with them.

Queue the Jaws theme.
icehog3 11:40 PM 03-31-2011
Yes that is what they were saying Kane? A funny moment behind the net Kane tried to get something going with Chara,Chara looked down at him and swatted him away like a fly :-)
I give the kid credit for even going there. :-)

Until you get in a fight with him. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985bd9nTDGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cvOiKuxH8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYvBNiSY_ZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5WwrlVsUk
Page 74 of 138
« First < 2464727374 757684124 > Last »
Up