Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 74 of 138
« First < 2464727374 757684124 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
icehog3 12:26 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Guys, by cluttering this thread up with unnecessary banter, you make it very difficult for those who come along after you with the same questions to find their answers. Please think of the next new smoker who is going to come along after you before you hit post.

EDIT: Mark, not directed at you - your post snuck in there while I was typing.
Yes. We have dozens of "banter" threads, and we have PMs. Please keep this thread for beginniner questions and answers. Thank you.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:07 PM 09-21-2011
FYI....this wasn't directed at the instructions being given for multi-quoting, that was all legitimate assistance. This was to address earlier back and forth that had nothing to do with the intent of this thread. Apologies to anyone who thought it was directed at people helping people. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 02:22 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
HOLY CRAP!!!! It worked thanks.....I know this is like internet 101, but it was driving me crazy!!!

See on my screen I couldn't see that "+" it is just looks like quotations to me, but I got it now and cheers to you all :-)
:-) :-) Don't Feel Bad, Mickey, It Took "Two" Lengthy PM's From Sean & Mark-in-Ca To Have Me Posting Pictures In The Forum!:-)
[Reply]
T.G 03:58 PM 09-21-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
FYI....this wasn't directed at the instructions being given for multi-quoting, that was all legitimate assistance. This was to address earlier back and forth that had nothing to do with the intent of this thread. Apologies to anyone who thought it was directed at people helping people. :-)
Right, nor did I mean it to sound as if my comment was directed at the "Thank you" posts.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 04:38 PM 09-23-2011
So, I post pics in some threads and they are tiny thumbnails. How do you post the cool big pics?
[Reply]
WittyUserName 04:43 PM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
So, I post pics in some threads and they are tiny thumbnails. How do you post the cool big pics?
You have to post them on a host site (Flikr, Photobucket) then copy the image link and past it in the thread using the "insert Image" button. You can also past the location in between [ I M G ] [ / I M G ] with no spaces.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 04:48 PM 09-23-2011
Would shutterfly work?
[Reply]
WittyUserName 04:53 PM 09-23-2011
Would shutterfly work?
The best thing to do would be to try. I assume any site that hosts pictures and allows you to get the URL would work.
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:09 PM 09-23-2011
[Reply]
mkarnold1 05:09 PM 09-23-2011
Hey! It worked! There's a good pic of me pilfering Mattso3000's stash. Thanks a ton Adam.
[Reply]
WittyUserName 07:36 PM 09-23-2011
Hey! It worked! There's a good pic of me pilfering Mattso3000's stash. Thanks a ton Adam.
No Problem Bro :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:16 PM 09-29-2011
Ok...so I want to know more about the specific tastes of cigars and what, if anything you shoud drink when smoking them. I have heard a lot about paring of cigars with drinks but really don't know what goes well with what. I often drink good beer with my smokes but have tried to level off from that due to the disruption of my palate and the flavor experience of the cigar.

I am guessing that this question may have been posted before, but I was hoping someone would be out there that could guide me in the right direction so that I can get the full experience out of my smokes!

When I read descriptions of cigars I always try to taste what is being described, i.e. earthiness, peppery, mocha, etc...yet I often have a hard time making those distictions!

I know everyone palate is different, but I want to be able to make out the flavor profiles of my smokes as best as possible.

Thanks for any advice....
[Reply]
Crownedone 01:18 PM 09-29-2011
test test

[Reply]
Mattso3000 01:26 PM 09-29-2011
Ken, a couple thread links:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...=drink+smoking
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:28 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Crownedone:
ok now i think i got it... thanks for the tread.
Instead of spreadhing this test out over three posts, you could have edited and corrected your original post.

You have 30 minutes after posting to edit a post. The EDIT button is on the lower-right corner of the post right next to (on the left of) the QUOTE button.
[Reply]
Crownedone 01:30 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by :
I know everyone palate is different, but I want to be able to make out the flavor profiles of my smokes as best as possible.
Every new smoker will most likely ask this same question....I know with me it took time...and a lot of smokes. I have been smoking a little over a year or so now and I am still developing the palate for the various flavors. I imagine that you can spend a life time developing the palate to pick up the subtleties that you read about...some of those that brag about all the little flavors, well…. may just be full of crap, it’s your call. I do know that your palate over time will begin to pick up some of the flavors. I can still remember my first smoke that the strong taste of coco/chocolate came through, the guys at my local B&M thought I was nuts....just keep at it and you will get there
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 01:31 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
Ok...
Thanks for any advice....
Originally Posted by Mattso3000:
Ken, a couple thread links:

Also:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=pairings
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:46 PM 09-29-2011
Thanks Matt! Looks like a ton of opitons that I can try....I just want the most out of each smoke. Thanks for the insight.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:51 PM 09-29-2011
Thanks Shane. I KNOW you have done your homework! Coffee seems to be your latest and greatest. You know what we need to try is a good cognac! A dark rich chewey smoke just sounds delicious with a cognac!
[Reply]
Noodles 01:53 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
When I read descriptions of cigars I always try to taste what is being described, i.e. earthiness, peppery, mocha, etc...yet I often have a hard time making those distictions!

Don't worry too much about what other people's experience with their cigars. A lot of factors affects the taste of a cigar.

Light the cigar and enjoy. Given time, you will be able to discern some or all of those taste.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 138
« First < 2464727374 757684124 > Last »
Up