Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 74 of 96
« First < 2464727374 757684 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
madwilliamflint 11:10 AM 01-12-2012
Weird. I haven't had glitch problems with Skyrim. Finished main, thieves, DB, mages, etc. Still more stuff to do but waiting for DLCs now.

SWTOR is sucking my life. 8 republic toons 20+. Imperial is just too damn nasty. Though I'd really love to play spy and bounty hunter. I may wait for expansions and give it another go. At this rate most of my republic toons are gonna be pinned at 50 in a few months.
[Reply]
Apoco 12:23 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by madwilliamflint:
Weird. I haven't had glitch problems with Skyrim. Finished main, thieves, DB, mages, etc. Still more stuff to do but waiting for DLCs now.
Skyrim was one huge glitch...but in a kidn of adorable way. My horse walking straight up a hill...small animals flying a million miles...pretty hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:25 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Skyrim was one huge glitch...but in a kidn of adorable way. My horse walking straight up a hill...small animals flying a million miles...pretty hilarious.
Posted via Mobile Device
So weird. I had none of that.

Worst I had was some of the normal clipping stuff (to be expected) and the odd quest that wouldn't complete once I deposed the stormcloaks.

Apparently you can't return the Helm of Winterhold to the Jarl if the Jarl's not the Jarl anymore. Or something like that.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:53 AM 01-13-2012
I had a problem with quite a few of the quests. Especially since you are able to complete them before they are available. I still never finished Skyrim or Revelations.

I dunno, ACR never pulled me in.

Skyrim got annoyingly glitchy. I'll wait for a patch or two and finish it.

Anything new coming out? Anything worthwhile?
[Reply]
Apoco 12:31 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I had a problem with quite a few of the quests. Especially since you are able to complete them before they are available. I still never finished Skyrim or Revelations.

I dunno, ACR never pulled me in.

Skyrim got annoyingly glitchy. I'll wait for a patch or two and finish it.

Anything new coming out? Anything worthwhile?
Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Jan 31st - on 360/PS3
Twisted Metal in early Feb - on PS3
SSX at the end of Feb - on 360/PS3
Mass Effect 3 at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3
Ridge Racer at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3

Syndicate (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb - PC/360/PS3
Inversion (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb/early March - PC/360/PS3

That is pretty much my watch list.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 12:53 PM 01-17-2012
I did a baaaaad thing last night.

I re-upped on EvE.
[Reply]
Bill86 01:21 PM 01-17-2012
Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Jan 31st - on 360/PS3
Twisted Metal in early Feb - on PS3
SSX at the end of Feb - on 360/PS3
Mass Effect 3 at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3
Ridge Racer at the beginning of March - on PC/360/PS3

Syndicate (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb - PC/360/PS3
Inversion (don't know much about it) at the end of Feb/early March - PC/360/PS3

That is pretty much my watch list.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah If figured nothing till March :-)

Still haven't gotten the desire to play Arkham City, Revelations or finish Skyrim.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 01:23 PM 01-17-2012
ME3 is the only thing there that lights me up. I'd better finish my latest runthrough of 2 so I have an import toon.

I wonder if decisions in ME1 will show up in 3. (Rachni queen maybe?)
[Reply]
Bill86 01:27 PM 01-17-2012
ME3 is the only thing there that lights me up. I'd better finish my latest runthrough of 2 so I have an import toon.

I wonder if decisions in ME1 will show up in 3. (Rachni queen maybe?)
Yeah I played it again 2 months ago but forgot to save my character files....maybe at the end of February I'll play it through one last time.
[Reply]
Apoco 03:06 PM 01-17-2012
I did a baaaaad thing last night.

I re-upped on EvE.
Done with SWTOR already?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 03:09 PM 01-17-2012
Done with SWTOR already?
Posted via Mobile Device
Just need a break. I was 12-houring it for a while. My main is almost L40 with 6 alts spread evenly back to the mid teens. All Republic. I don't want to burn out completely on it.

The space combat in SWTOR, while fun, is really what drove me back to EvE.

Plus, the changes to EvE over the last couple years are pretty astonishing.
[Reply]
Apoco 01:50 PM 01-18-2012
Just need a break. I was 12-houring it for a while. My main is almost L40 with 6 alts spread evenly back to the mid teens. All Republic. I don't want to burn out completely on it.

The space combat in SWTOR, while fun, is really what drove me back to EvE.

Plus, the changes to EvE over the last couple years are pretty astonishing.
So I was thinking of the right game.

As I remember - EvE is a nerve-wracking game. You can lose everything at the drop of a pirate ship fleet.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 02:04 PM 01-18-2012
So I was thinking of the right game.

As I remember - EvE is a nerve-wracking game. You can lose everything at the drop of a pirate ship fleet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh it's inSANE. If you go into any forum, or chat room and say "Rule #1" someone will very soon respond with "Never fly anything you can't afford to lose."

I actually started day trading in response to playing the market in EvE back when it came out.
[Reply]
Apoco 02:24 PM 01-18-2012
Oh it's inSANE. If you go into any forum, or chat room and say "Rule #1" someone will very soon respond with "Never fly anything you can't afford to lose."

I actually started day trading in response to playing the market in EvE back when it came out.
But what about your ship upgrades? Isn't that where the majority of your value in game would be anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 02:30 PM 01-18-2012
But what about your ship upgrades? Isn't that where the majority of your value in game would be anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep. Modules are "implicitly included" in Rule #1. Most of what you're flying is modules, definitely.
[Reply]
Bill86 06:20 PM 01-19-2012
Installed Skyrim again since I reloaded on a SSD. About time I finish the mainline quest. I forgot how stunning the world looks on Ultra-Max. I really hope they release more content for the game, even though I'm level 38 and probably still have PLENTY to go.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 06:52 PM 01-19-2012
Installed Skyrim again since I reloaded on a SSD. About time I finish the mainline quest. I forgot how stunning the world looks on Ultra-Max. I really hope they release more content for the game, even though I'm level 38 and probably still have PLENTY to go.
If Morrowind and Oblivion are any indication, they're going to be milking the DLC market on this one for a long time to come.

I left a bunch undone but am excited for them to give me another reason to head back and play again.

Lately I've been looking for a fantasy MMO I can get behind. EvE and SWTOR are wonderful, but I need something sneaky and magicy. (this is how it always starts. "oh, one or two..."
[Reply]
Bill86 07:04 PM 01-19-2012
Yeah I got off those pay per month games, I would try SWTOR but to try it out you have to buy the game :-)

I bet it would be like WoW though and you would have to play 5-8 hours a day to be "good" at the game. Not looking for that kinda time commitment.

What do you think of SWTOR though?
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 07:12 PM 01-19-2012
Yeah I got off those pay per month games, I would try SWTOR but to try it out you have to buy the game :-)

I bet it would be like WoW though and you would have to play 5-8 hours a day to be "good" at the game. Not looking for that kinda time commitment.

What do you think of SWTOR though?
They did a lot right. Being currently unemployed I've spent WAY too much time on it. There are a couple game mechanics they've added that are pretty interesting.

All in all the content itself is pretty linear, but that's reasonable since it's only been out about 5-6 weeks. Each "side" has 4 main classes (more or less mirror images of each other, with some real differences) which, at L10 you split into one of two sub-classes.

Space combat is fun, but clearly a simple placeholder for "The Big Space Expansion" which will no doubt come out in 6 months to a year.

Crafting is really itneresting. You ahve companions who you send on "crew tasks" which encompass crafting and a couple weirdnesses. There's a whole system of reverse-engineering things you make (and some things you find) which returns some materials and a chance of an recipe/blueprint for a higher quality version of the same item. This results in lots of variation in player made stuff. Some recipes can only be found, not bought, which is great. All together it means that two "maxed out armorers" for instance never have exactly the same list of things they can make. The basics are the same but the really neat stuff takes a while to figure out.

Combat and basic mechanics are smooth and the main class storylines are compelling enough to keep you running through.

I'm a fan. It's only the number of hours I have for this nonsense right now that's egging me on to look for something else.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:55 PM 01-19-2012
Oh wow the ending to the final quest in Skyrim was a bit disappointing :-)

Shame.
[Reply]
Page 74 of 96
« First < 2464727374 757684 > Last »
Up