General Discussion>Photography Thread
ambientboy 01:27 PM 07-06-2011
[Reply]
ambientboy 01:32 PM 07-06-2011

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 12:05 AM 07-07-2011
Nice looking B/W' Dan:-)

Originally Posted by OLS:
Uhhh well I didn't get around to it, haha. I shot some other junk instead. I got carried away with close-ups...
:-)...Still waiting for those photo's of downtown po-dunk:-)

[Reply]
OLS 09:45 AM 07-07-2011
Haha, I left the SD card at home in the camera...Plus all I ended up taking was a shot at a red light.
It is perfect, but boring, haha. I am expecting another S5 UPS today, but idiot I am I left my SD card at home.
[Reply]
ambientboy 09:59 AM 07-07-2011
Haha, I left the SD card at home in the camera...Plus all I ended up taking was a shot at a red light.
It is perfect, but boring, haha. I am expecting another S5 UPS today, but idiot I am I left my SD card at home.
Rule #76: No excuses! Play like a champion!!
[Reply]
OLS 10:07 AM 07-07-2011
Oh I intend to go and get a SD card today at Big Lahts....nah. I have to stop the bleeding on this
project today. I have three cameras, all kinds of accessories and I am down 1000, haha. You'd think a person
in the TV business would have a tripod, but I didn't, haha. I have access to a dozen, but not one for me.
Got a bunch of 16G SD cards, some rechargeable AAs, a backpack, it's a slope, I think. But I threw
away my lift ticket on this one. I think I am gonna test this 1080p video tonight.
[Reply]
Davis 04:54 PM 07-07-2011
A few of my shots.

[Reply]
OLS 06:45 PM 07-07-2011
I like the effect of filtration on your shots, Dave. I need to get my filters on my camera. I have yet to
unwrap the package because I have been testing out another camera. Wonderful balance to those photos.

These should be the last posted photos from the unfiltered collection. :-) I was testing some features on this
WELL-used S5 before my 30 day warranty runs out, and learning various things. It's tore up in the glass
coating dept, the LCD and viewfinder I mean. But mechanically and optically it seems to be alright. I shrank these
down to an easy forum size. It's been an awfully long time since I messed with the ins and outs of actual
photography outside automatic point and shoot. These were all manual, lol. Enough apologies.

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:08 PM 07-07-2011
Originally Posted by Davis:
A few of my shots...
These should be the last posted photos from the unfiltered collection...
Dave and Brad, nice photo's:-)
[Reply]
ambientboy 01:29 AM 07-08-2011
Literally shooting from the hip. Agropoli, Italy.

[Reply]
OLS 07:33 AM 07-08-2011
Ahhh, Mila Kunis likes gelato!
[Reply]
Davis 08:08 AM 07-08-2011
Thanks guys! I'll get some more up soon. Havent been out shooting recently. Too damn hot!
[Reply]
OLS 09:40 AM 07-08-2011
You are right it's hot. I combine shooting trips with my evening walks which really has an effect on the light,
granted it's better than midday, but wouldn't it be nice if I could shoot at 7am or so? It is still plenty hot in the
evenings here, but if I have to go and walk anyway, I now just take the camera. Of course it is all new to
me again, haven't shot film since 1980-82, and have really kept the P&S at home unless I was on vacation or
shooting boudoir. So it's like a newlywed for me lately, taking it out everytime I go outside.

Better light shot of the church, and a preset White Balance, too.

Funky Gum tree branches...two trees are relatively normal, but the one in the middle...

[Reply]
J.W. 09:55 AM 07-08-2011
I like the effect of filtration on your shots, Dave. I need to get my filters on my camera. I have yet to
unwrap the package because I have been testing out another camera. Wonderful balance to those photos.

These should be the last posted photos from the unfiltered collection. :-) I was testing some features on this
WELL-used S5 before my 30 day warranty runs out, and learning various things. It's tore up in the glass
coating dept, the LCD and viewfinder I mean. But mechanically and optically it seems to be alright. I shrank these
down to an easy forum size. It's been an awfully long time since I messed with the ins and outs of actual
photography outside automatic point and shoot. These were all manual, lol. Enough apologies.

Great shots OLS. I haven't been up to Memphis in a while. Makes me wnat to go for the weekend. Is that B&M still on Poplar?

J.W.
[Reply]
OLS 04:32 PM 07-08-2011
I know of one on Union (Madison Tobacco) and if there is one on Poplar, you might mean Tobacco World that's got pipes, pens and cigars....kind of across the tracks from The Belmont Restaurant out on the east side of town.
[Reply]
Eleven 05:52 AM 07-09-2011
Space Shuttle Atlantis and Crowd from yesterday, July 8, 2011:

[Reply]
OLS 09:15 AM 07-10-2011
Out again this weekend with the camera. These will be the first adulterated photos I have posted,
a little Photoshop messing around. Trying to find the perfect series of tinkering maneuvers to
create a Pseudo-HDR look with Photoshop 6. Some success and some failure, lol.

[Reply]
OLS 10:13 AM 07-10-2011
And one that isn't messed with, outside of Brightness and Contrast.

More shots messed around with in Photoshop....

[Reply]
OLS 10:17 AM 07-10-2011
And one with no adulteration whatsoever......

[Reply]
OLS 09:48 AM 07-11-2011
Haha, I looked at that MPD and MFD shot and realized you can see the bird $hi+ on the car window, lol.
Took that at a stoplight and must have decided rolling down the window was gonna take too long.
[Reply]
Page 73 of 220
« First < 2363717273 747583123173 > Last »
Up