Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 72 of 104
« First < 2262707172 737482 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
Ahbroody 10:26 AM 05-14-2009
Talk about late to the discussion.

Kind of bummed, I take my son to his beginner hockey class thursdays at 430 pacific. Then I got work tonight right after. Looks like my XM portable radio will be getting some use today.
jamesb3 12:28 PM 05-14-2009
Less than 5 hrs till game time. I am so geeked! Damn I love hockey!
Ahbroody 12:33 PM 05-14-2009
Interesting.
I just heard that the Pens took zero penalities last night. Now I am not one for conspiracy theories, but that is odd. I am holding judgement to see how the Pens next series is called.
jamesb3 12:37 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Interesting.
I just heard that the Pens took zero penalities last night. Now I am not one for conspiracy theories, but that is odd. I am holding judgement to see how the Pens next series is called.
I hate to be the spreader for conspiracy theories, but also check out Bettman and his major love affair with Sid the Kid. They are letting bad breath be called against him.:-)
ahc4353 12:46 PM 05-14-2009
First off, congrats Kevin!

As for the below, :-) I love it!

Bettman is gonna get Sid his ring! The only love affair that is worse is the Chico Resch / Marty Brodeur gag fest (meant literally). It amazes the boys and I that he can even do the commentary with his mouth so full (if you know what I mean). It's so bad I mute the TV during Devils games. :-)

Interesting.
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
I hate to be the spreader for conspiracy theories, but also check out Bettman and his major love affair with Sid the Kid. They are letting bad breath be called against him.:-)

Ahbroody 12:52 PM 05-14-2009
Is it as open and disgusting as Grapes Love affair with Sid?
I got to tell you watching coaches corner some nights you just want to throw crap at the TV.
I am suprised they still give Cherry a microphone they way he chokes on thos good ole Canadian Boys and flames those horrible Euros. The worse was when he was comparing the ovechkin celebration to the Soccer goals celebration. He made sure to use a lot of ethnicity in the celebration footage as well. Grapes makes me laugh sometimes, but sometimes he is really sad
loki 12:59 PM 05-14-2009
Interesting.
lets compare what sid and ovi did shall we? two goals for sid one for ovi. I guess the league came down and stopped that first shot glove hand side by ovi....oh yeah there he is, directed the puck right to MAF. Flurry played LIGHTS OUT last night, sid had another gear that no one else did, the better team won.

I had a long response typed out but I'll end this post with

ahc4353 01:06 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
lets compare what sid and ovi did shall we? two goals for sid one for ovi. I guess the league came down and stopped that first shot glove hand side by ovi....oh yeah there he is, directed the puck right to MAF. Flurry played LIGHTS OUT last night, sid had another gear that no one else did, the better team won.

I had a long response typed out but I'll end this post with

:-)

Nice Kevin!

But come on, not one penalty? In a playoff game!! They are hockey players not angels. Gotta admit it is odd.

Can't wait for tonights games!

Edit: I will keep hatin on Sid till he shows some class. :-)
Ahbroody 01:16 PM 05-14-2009
Sorry but this is needed.
First when sid was upset last night and looked like he was going to cry it was not when it occurred, it was after he looked up at the crowd and heard them booing him. Thats when it looked like QQ were comming. He gave a tear eyed why dont you love me look.

Second I was simply pointing out that there were no penalites called and it was odd. It is likely the first or second time this year no PP were called against a team this year. I was saying I am not one for conspiracy theories but it was odd. Al is the one saying Betttman will get Sid his ring, you ignored that though and attacked my post.

Let me raise an issue I find unique with your replies to me and their hostility. No offense man but I have not flamed sid nearly as hard as some other senior board members in this thread. They seem to have gotten a free pass or respectfull replies or no replies from you. You should reply equally or not at all. It looks strange to put it nicely.
King James 01:56 PM 05-14-2009
just get behind the penguins and you two will get along just peachy :-)
jamesb3 02:25 PM 05-14-2009
Damn I love hockey banter!:-)
loki 03:46 PM 05-14-2009
Sorry but this is needed.
First when sid was upset last night and looked like he was going to cry it was not when it occurred, it was after he looked up at the crowd and heard them booing him. Thats when it looked like QQ were comming. He gave a tear eyed why dont you love me look.yes I'm sure the best player in the league gives two shits in the wind what the opposing fans think of him. the offer for me to smack you the face with a hockey stick and see how you react still stands

Second I was simply pointing out that there were no penalites called and it was odd. It is likely the first or second time this year no PP were called against a team this year. I was saying I am not one for conspiracy theories but it was odd. Al is the one saying Betttman will get Sid his ring, you ignored that though and attacked my post. yes there were only 4 penalties called all game and two of them were the high sticking call that drew blood. the refs pocketed the whistles last night, much like they did on every dirty hit ovi had...including the slufoot on malkin in game 4 or 5...not to mention the tackling of malkin behind the net when sid was on the ice getting cross checked from above 4 or 5 times. yes the games were loosely officiated at best, it goes both ways

Let me raise an issue I find unique with your replies to me and their hostility. No offense man but I have not flamed sid nearly as hard as some other senior board members in this thread. They seem to have gotten a free pass or respectfull replies or no replies from you. You should reply equally or not at all. It looks strange to put it nicely. if i hurt your feelings, i'm sorry
see red

also, MAF PLAYED LIGHTS ****ING OUT last night, Sid played ungodly, the rest of the team was better because of him, the best team won this series, no conspiracy....though I did see nhl officials blocking shots and making sure MAF stoned Ovi on that first shot. they also moved pucks to chase varlamov from the net....now that I think of it maybe there was a conspiracy.

to understand where I'm coming from you have to be a PA sports fan. Not one of our teams gets credit for ****. the steelers win the super bowl twice in 4 years "oh that's because of this blown call or that", PSU wins a title game "oh blown calls", pens win "conspiracy", eagles win "it's a fluke", pitt wins "well maybe next year they won't suck so bad". it's old it's tired this town is here to stay, get over it and give us the god damned credit we deserve.

please note the non-red is for everyone in this thread, not one person in particular. I don't want to hurt any ones feelings
loki 04:04 PM 05-14-2009
On top of that go look at what varlamov and the caps coach said about crosby.
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:18 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
Damn I love hockey banter!:-)
:-)
coreyb 04:26 PM 05-14-2009
Not only that look at all of his cups.....:-)
Ahbroody 04:27 PM 05-14-2009
As to post #1432 I am not going to reply to that I think you do my job for me. Yikes man how do you live with the sky falling over there all the time. Everyone is out to get you guys. Hey its a great montra for coaches and fans to complain about no respect though.

I will repost what I already posted. You seem to take the abuse and have no issues and nothing to say if a senior board member says negative about Pens or Sid. If someone with a low post count or not so well known says something then you get offeneded. I hurt your feelings in a sports banter thread? Thats funny. Its called banter bro. If you cant take some good natured ribbing and trash talking in a sports thread you should probablly take a step back. I guess we should only be able to poke at certain teams. Well I will openly say my team the Sharks have become the biggest under achievers in hockey over the past few years. I dont think anyone did it to them but themselves

Asking me if I would like to be struck in the face with a hockey stick? I have played hockey off and on since my early 20s when time and life has permitted. I am aware of how sticks hurt.

Seeing as how this link did not even get a reply from you earlier when posted I will go post it again so you can speak out now cause its me posting it.
http://www.crosbysucks.com/

I dont dislike the Pens, I dont dislike crosbys style of play. I think he has soft skin. Evidenced by him complaining to refs about fans throwing hats for a hat trick. I think he is the poster boy of the league, cause he is a good ole canadian boy.
King James 04:27 PM 05-14-2009
wasn't it something like "Crosby is a very talented young player, he is second best in this league only to Ovechkin" ?
loki 04:33 PM 05-14-2009
you should probablly take a step back.
you're right, I do. I'm not in a good place in my life right now and if you think that I took it out on you well then I'm sorry that you feel that way. Either way, I'm out
bugmenot 05:56 PM 05-14-2009
Wings up 1-0! Refs are calling some weird penalties, and letting some other things go. Stupid one by Getlaf after he witnessed the earlier calls though. Need to adapt to the refs style, and stop with the cheap things.

Wish I could see the whole Cans/Bruins game, but only get 1 game. I think I get to see the end of it depending on the Wings/Ducks game.
jamesb3 06:01 PM 05-14-2009
1-0 Wings. Gonna be a tight physical game. Lots of thrash talk already. Did I already say I love hockey? Oh well. GO WINGS!!
Page 72 of 104
« First < 2262707172 737482 > Last »
Up