Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 72 of 82
« First < 2262707172 7374 > Last »
Sports>NHL '11 - '12 Thread
icehog3 12:10 PM 05-07-2012
If any team left has a shot at overcoming 3-1, Joel, it's Philly.
Wanger 12:25 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
My Hero of the Day:

Mike Richards with the Gordie Howe Hat Trick.

Kings took out the West #1 seed, and now have the West #2 seed on the ropes. I love these guys!
...and I remember hearing during a game this weekend that Stan Mikita actually had the most of those in his career, with 22. Howe only had 4, from what they said during the game.
icehog3 12:34 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by Wanger:
...and I remember hearing during a game this weekend that Stan Mikita actually had the most of those in his career, with 22. Howe only had 4, from what they said during the game.
I have heard most hockey experts say Howe only had one...but I did hear those commentators make the 2, 3 or 4 comment.

Mikita was my favorite player as a kid, so I was excited to hear that from them as well.
yourchoice 02:54 PM 05-07-2012
Giroux suspended for game 5. Can't say I'm shocked, but thought it was 50/50 if he'd get suspended or not.

I watched Shanahan's video. Like the NBCS guys, he misunderstood Giroux's frustration with the ref just before the hit. Giroux was even interviewed about it last night (locally). They're making it seem as though the hit was retaliatory for the (legal) check he received. It wasn't, he was ticked about Brodeur playing the puck outside the trapazoid.

Shanahan video link
Ahbroody 03:40 PM 05-07-2012
Not saying I dont believe Girouxs story, but even if true going back and headshoting a guy was not smart. I didnt think the Devils would take out Philly, but its looking that way. Now if the Caps can take out the Rangers that would make for a east final nobody expected.

Cant see Nashville taking the next three games so its a Pacific Division final. Going to have to go with LA. Also going to hard to pick against them for the cup. Dont think anyone in the east gas the same goaltending or fire power as LA.
icehog3 04:19 PM 05-07-2012
I hadn't thought much about Claude's hit since it happened, but I must admit I was suprised to hear he was suspended. I expect Philly to use it as motivation and win at home.

Mike, I like the idea of Dustin Brown being handed the hardware by Mister Bettman. :-)
Bigwaved 08:02 PM 05-07-2012
New life. New game. That is clutch.
yourchoice 08:27 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Not saying I dont believe Girouxs story, but even if true going back and headshoting a guy was not smart.
No doubt he shouldn't have "headshot" Zubrus....but the league's video was edited (only showing the zoom-in on Giroux) and discussed by Shanahan, hinting that it was a retaliatory hit. I wish I could find the "non-zoomed-in" video but it is clear as day that Giroux was not PO'd by being checked, but by instead by the missed call. I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty, and arguably suspendable, but to construe it as retaliatory when it clearly wasn't is wrong when you argue that's part of the justification of the suspension.

In lieu of a video, the best I could do was find this commentary by Bob McKenzie...http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=395252
Bigwaved 08:27 PM 05-07-2012
Nice. A big game to take right there.
icehog3 11:09 PM 05-07-2012
Great game in NYC, that is playoff hockey.

Not so much in Phoenix, Smith continues to amaze, and I continue to hate him.

My Goat of the Playoffs: Joel Ward: 2 (goals against) for the price of one (stupid high stick).
Hooligan 06:02 AM 05-08-2012
Well that caps game was unreal but I was on the edge of my seat te whole time.
Ahbroody 11:31 AM 05-09-2012
Shocked. Was at the rink last night with son for most of the game. When I checked score in 3rd I was shocked. Crazy if Jersey can come out of East.
yourchoice 01:56 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Shocked.
Before the series started, I would have said I'll be shocked if the Flyers can't get past the Devils. Going into last night's game, after the way the series had played out to that point...I wasn't shocked. Disappointed? You bet.
Bigwaved 08:38 PM 05-09-2012
A great, controlling game by the Caps. Off to game seven.
Gophernut 09:27 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Bigwaved:
A great, controlling game by the Caps. Off to game seven.
I thought they played really smart aggressive hockey. Game 7 should be great!
Bigwaved 09:39 PM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Gophernut:
I thought they played really smart aggressive hockey. Game 7 should be great!
It has been a good series so far.
icehog3 01:06 AM 05-10-2012
Finally, a Semi-Final Round Game 7. :-)
PenguinsFan88 03:42 PM 05-10-2012
With my beloved Penguins out, hopefully a Western Conference team hoists the Cup this year IMO.
Ahbroody 04:58 PM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Finally, a Semi-Final Round Game 7. :-)
Lets go Caps!
PenguinsFan88 06:04 PM 05-12-2012
Idealistically I'd love to see:

- Caps lose tonight

- A hissyfit of menopausally epic proportions after Torts and the Rags lose in the SCF.

As a Penguins fan I hate both the Caps and the Rangers with a burning passion. With that said though, I hate Ovechkin and the Caps a wee bit more. Hopefully they're out tonight.
Page 72 of 82
« First < 2262707172 7374 > Last »
Up