Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 72 of 220
« First < 2262707172 737482122172 > Last »
General Discussion>Photography Thread
MarkinAZ 10:12 PM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
i love the last one Mark. Maybe i can get out your way one day. I have an uncle in Cali
Cool! Where abouts does your Uncle live?

[Reply]
emopunker2004 10:17 PM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Cool! Where abouts does your Uncle live?

Chino I think.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:37 PM 07-05-2011
Chino I think.
About an hour and a half or so SSE of my location!

[Reply]
emopunker2004 10:53 PM 07-05-2011
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
About an hour and a half or so SSE of my location!

:-)
Retired Postal Inspector. My Aunt(his wife) is too. She's BIG into photography.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 12:40 AM 07-06-2011
I visited the Frank Lloyd Wright houses in PA over the weekend.

[Reply]
emopunker2004 12:49 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:

Sweetness! I'm going up north in October with a long of blank SD cards :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:28 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:

Nice, I was there a couple years ago.
Did you go to Kentuck Knob as well?
[Reply]
OLS 06:13 AM 07-06-2011
I am gonna show you up good this morning, Mark. I have a recall to get fixed, cause GM can't do it right at the factory,
the dealer can't get it done on his lot, on his time, but of course as soon as I get the car home, they send me a notice
to come and get it fixed, and they hope it's not too inconvenient.....where was I?? Oh yeah, I am gonna put up some
pix of downtown OLIVE BRANCH, MS that are gonna put your LA shot to SHAME, lol. Well, no smog anyway. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:12 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Nice, I was there a couple years ago.
Did you go to Kentuck Knob as well?
I sure did. Not as exciting as Fallingwater. The current owner has it filled with his FLW collection so nothing flows or matches like Wright would have designed it. Given Wright only designed a couple pieces for it in the first place but still It had little to offer. mstaib.blogspot.com there are more pictures of both houses located there at my blog.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:26 AM 07-06-2011
Sweetness! I'm going up north in October with a long of blank SD cards :-)
I shot 128GB over 5 days that I was in Johnstown. Between the wright houses, wind turbines, burning corn combines, a wedding, and the 4th of july. The part that sucks is wading through all of them :/
[Reply]
OLS 09:10 AM 07-06-2011
Today I was shooting with the Canon S5 IS, an "old" superzoom from back when superzoom still meant
8 megapixels and 12x zoom. This was kind of a test run to see what the camera could do before
I gave it up to my nephew in August in the Smokies. He's been shooting with a nice Sony point and click
for a few years now, and really enjoys photography, but he is convinced for now I guess that that means
you can get away with just having a good eye, which he does indeed. But this camera will give him at
least some idea of what shutter speed and aperture are and how they interact. I am hoping he will
embrace the tedium somewhat and use it til it falls apart. We'll see. As for my part, I like it a lot.
In fact in some ways I like it better than my SX1, but I had to have the 1080p video capability, or rather
I would never give that up. I think the images might be better at it's 8MP than at the SX1's 10MP.
By the way, I was having recall work done on my Chevy today and that is why it's mostly car pics.
The flowers were at Walmahrt down the street. It was a 2 hr wait. :-)

MY GOSH, this camera rocks, lol...look at the color and the clarity of that sensor! Of course that's broad-
a55 daylight. (and hot, too) sheesh. But I like that little camera.

[Reply]
Dux 09:14 AM 07-06-2011
Mermaid parade Brooklyn New York

-Doug/Dux
[Reply]
OLS 09:39 AM 07-06-2011
Hehe, I was doing great til I got to Pubesbeard the pirate, lol. As a photo it might be the best one,
as a gross-out, also fairly high. :-)
[Reply]
Dux 09:57 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Hehe, I was doing great til I got to Pubesbeard the pirate, lol. As a photo it might be the best one,
:-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 10:01 AM 07-06-2011
+1...wtf Doug!
[Reply]
Dux 10:04 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
+1...wtf Doug!
What did I do? :-)

I like taking pictures of the strange and fascinating people!
[Reply]
OLS 10:14 AM 07-06-2011
More of these from the Canon Powershot S5 IS. Back to what I was saying about the Megapixel wars,
I got the SX1 for me, and I picked up a B&H used S5 for my nephew. But the more reading I did, the more
it was clear that stacking millions more pixels on the same sized sensor was madness, and I had best get
a low MP camera for the drawer before the war raged on past common sense, as always seems to
happen in PCs, tablets, cameras, etc. As long as people buy in, the camera-makers have no reason to look
at it from a good sense perspective....blabblah. Anyway, I continue to be amazed at the abilities of this
freaking camera. I know why it went away, "time to get on to MORE magapixels and a longer zoom."
But I think I know why a lot of the reviews say, I think I will bring "CameraX" back to the store and go back
to my S3, or S5" This is a good little unit.

This one is over-exposed on purpose...sorry, I wanted to see something in particular.

Deja-frickin-vous...damn yella flowers.

Land Shark
[Reply]
OLS 10:21 AM 07-06-2011
Originally Posted by Dux:
What did I do? :-)

I like taking pictures of the strange and fascinating people!
OH NO, they are GREAT pix, I love em....very expressive eyes in all of em.
I just saw that SNL sketch about the Bosley hair replacement system where they take hair from the pubic area
and I busted out laughing when I saw that pic, lol.
[Reply]
OLS 12:27 PM 07-06-2011
Oh yeah, I am gonna put up some pix of downtown OLIVE BRANCH, MS that are gonna put your
LA shot to SHAME, lol. Well, no smog anyway. :-)
Uhhh well I didn't get around to it, haha. I shot some other junk instead. I got carried away with close-ups.
I especially liked your desert shot, though. I like the way the atmosphere was varied and also well rendered
in the close and far aspects.
[Reply]
Eleven 12:31 PM 07-06-2011
Anyone ever shot a space shuttle lift off? I'm not sure if we are going to get close enough, or what the weather will be like. Most likely we'll just try and get a glimpse from where we'll be staying up the coast.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 220
« First < 2262707172 737482122172 > Last »
Up