Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 71 of 129
« First < 2161697071 727381121 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Losing Weight with Starscream
shilala 10:08 AM 05-09-2011
I was 209.something this morning. After eating like a madman yesterday (which really didn't amount to anything), I'm back to not being hungry today. I'll probably have leftover noodles for dinner.
I'm super lazy today. I threw the football to the kids for a good stretch yesterday, and paid for it pretty good last night. Not real bad though, so that's awesome.
The weight loss added with getting busier and busier at a slow pace is working real well. I'll get off my ass and try to get to work in the garage a little bit later after I rest up some more. If I can get out and get some lumber, that'd be great. I need to cut the grass, too. That'll get me moving and help me burn off my yesterday. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 12:47 PM 05-09-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Yea, coming back from vacation is tough. You'll get back into the swing in no time.
Originally Posted by Starscream:
I've been back from vacation for over a week...:-)
I guess not. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:30 AM 05-10-2011
Tomorrow is weigh-in day. Fingers crossed, but still expecting a gain of at least one pound.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:52 AM 05-10-2011
Use today to get your "last chance workout" in. I'd hate to see you go below the yellow line and get sent home. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 08:24 AM 05-10-2011
Uh-oh. Our leader is gonna smoke out on us.
Andy, sleep with all your tshirts on, and put on a big green garbage bag over that. You'll make weight. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:32 AM 05-10-2011
Use today to get your "last chance workout" in. I'd hate to see you go below the yellow line and get sent home. :-)
Will do.:-)
Originally Posted by shilala:
Uh-oh. Our leader is gonna smoke out on us.
Andy, sleep with all your tshirts on, and put on a big green garbage bag over that. You'll make weight. :-)
:-)
I'm not out, just a short sabbatical. Eating habits are good again, I'm just not exercising. I will be sure to do so today, although that's probably gonna ensure that I gain for the week (retaining water for the muscles to recover).

If I don't report back by tomorrow saying that I got in a workout, neg rep me. And I don't mean riding a bike or some half-ass work. I mean a full workout, such as my NFL Training Camp cardio workout. Something that will work up a real sweat.
[Reply]
shilala 09:15 AM 05-10-2011
Andy, you could also lose a good 10 pounds by lopping off your head. That's a bit extreme, I admit, but probably not as extreme as an NFL Training Camp Cardio.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:44 AM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
Andy, you could also lose a good 10 pounds by lopping off your head. That's a bit extreme, I admit, but probably not as extreme as an NFL Training Camp Cardio.
:-)
I actually enjoy it. It's on the Wii (sounds like a joke, but it will kick your @$$).
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:52 AM 05-10-2011
Anyone else go through one of those periods where not matter what or how much of something you eat, you're still hungry? I just had a lunch of pasta with homemade meat sauce, then a bowl of cottage cheese with some strawberrys on it. That was about an hour ago and I'm still hungry. Was that way last night even after having some beef jerky and cashews. It'll usually pass after a day or two, but just weird.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:03 AM 05-10-2011
Anyone else go through one of those periods where not matter what or how much of something you eat, you're still hungry? I just had a lunch of pasta with homemade meat sauce, then a bowl of cottage cheese with some strawberrys on it. That was about an hour ago and I'm still hungry. Was that way last night even after having some beef jerky and cashews. It'll usually pass after a day or two, but just weird.
I'm in one of those periods right now. Just during the middle of the day, though. I'm full after dinner every evening.
[Reply]
shilala 11:16 AM 05-10-2011
Absolutely.
I try to dump at least 24oz. of water in me when I eat. That seems to make dinner stick way better. It'll make the hungry go away too. Go give it a try. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:26 AM 05-10-2011
You know, come to think of it I didn't drink as much water yesterday as usual. i went home from work early not feeling well and crashed on the couch. I've had some today as well, but again not as much as normal. Off to the drinking fountain to fill my cup.
[Reply]
shilala 11:35 AM 05-10-2011
You know, come to think of it I didn't drink as much water yesterday as usual. i went home from work early not feeling well and crashed on the couch. I've had some today as well, but again not as much as normal. Off to the drinking fountain to fill my cup.
Ya know how we like to eat till we're so full we think we're gonna die? I think that over-full feeling must stay lurking in the back of our heads or something. Maybe we need it for some reason, heck, I don't know.
A big sloshing belly isn't quite the same as eating four turkey dinners in a row, but for whatever reason it satisfies me. :-)
Most often I don't need to do it, but when I'm in "eat till I feel like I'm gonna explode" mode, I grab the water bottle. I eat as much as I can, drink that water, and that weird desire passes.
Whatever works, right? :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:59 AM 05-10-2011
Sometimes when I'm hungry, I get a cup of coffee. Most of the time it fills me up.
[Reply]
kgoings 12:17 PM 05-10-2011
Still going strong, gonna weigh in tomorrow! I dont feel much different. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:32 PM 05-10-2011
Keep that positive mentality, Kirk.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:51 PM 05-10-2011
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Still going strong, gonna weigh in tomorrow! I dont feel much different. :-)
Kirk, I only ever lost at a rate of 1.6 lbs a week, max. That's not much reward for lots of work. Do some math and see what you're up against, then add room for failure.
Mind ya, I was at 250 when I was losing at that rate. I think it's around 1.2 lbs a week now.
Don't think about it much, or it'll drive you nuts. Make it something like putting gas in the car and taking out the trash. It really isn't all that much work, and there's not much reward, but if you don't put the trash out for a year or two, you got a big problem. :-)
I like to think of "not eating" as doing something, when in fact, it's doing nothing. So I can't even act like that's part of the drill, right?
Getting active is action, and that counts. Avoiding certain foods and eating less really doesn't count, cause it's not an action, it's an absense of action. So I can't even expect a reward for doing nothing, right? Despite that, it still comes. That's a nice bonus. :-)
I guess it's all how you look at it, ya know?
I only say that stuff to help make it easier on you. The easier it is, the better. There's real good reason why everyone aren't (isn't?) trying to get skinny.
[Reply]
shilala 12:53 PM 05-10-2011
Sometimes when I'm hungry, I get a cup of coffee. Most of the time it fills me up.
I love coffee. I had a couple cups this morning. Real people wouldn't consider it coffee cause it's all watered down with lots of milk. It doesn't settle well with my meds, and makes me half sick, and I avoid food, so I use it as a tool. I'll take anything that helps. :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 04:45 PM 05-10-2011
i am barely ever hungry any more. Eating carbs makes you crave carbs, and since i dropped them, i get satisfied from a meal more easily, and have 0 cravings, and don't get hungry much
[Reply]
Starscream 08:34 PM 05-10-2011
If I don't report back by tomorrow saying that I got in a workout, neg rep me. And I don't mean riding a bike or some half-ass work. I mean a full workout, such as my NFL Training Camp cardio workout. Something that will work up a real sweat.
No neg rep for me.:-)

I did it and I'm dead. I haven't done this workout in over two weeks (or any for that matter). Sucks to come back to find out I have made it to Phase II of the 60 day workout plan. That meant it was stepped up a notch, even though my body was not ready for it due to the long break.

My legs are gonna hurt tomorrow due to the 100+ squats I did tonight.:-)

Guys, rip me a new one when I say I'm taking a day off from working out. It sucks getting back into the groove. Easier to stay on the truck than to try to jump back on when it's moving down the road.:-)
[Reply]
Page 71 of 129
« First < 2161697071 727381121 > Last »
Up