Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 71 of 104
« First < 2161697071 727381 > Last »
Sports>NHL '08- '09 Thread
Bruins Fan 03:08 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
doubt it. it was very dirty. The end of the game is why no one but ducks fans likes the ducks style of play. They are a dirty team at times. It was very sad to see that. dont expect any suspensions though. Apparently the league has decided they wont suspend anyone this year.
Colin Campbell will suspend a Bruin in a heart beat, the guy bleeds ranger red and blue :-)
SmokeyJoe 03:20 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by 357:
I would have said it first, but I would have been called a homer
What a homer thing to say... :-) :-)
Ahbroody 03:23 PM 05-13-2009
I can only assume your homer comment ws directed at me as I was the only person to use the word.

I would like to say there is nothing wrong with being a fan and backing your team. Thats exactly what a fan does. A homer is one who ignores the negative aspects of what there team does and sees anything against them as bias or being screwed.

That was the point I was trying to make prior.
Ahbroody 03:28 PM 05-13-2009
joe shhhhhhhhhhhhh. You should B busy getting my sticks ready for there cross county trip.
SmokeyJoe 03:40 PM 05-13-2009
joe shhhhhhhhhhhhh. You should B busy getting my sticks ready for there cross county trip.
What a homer thing to say... :-) :-)

:-)
loki 05:13 PM 05-13-2009
gonch back in the line up. I love playoff hockey
Sawyer 06:11 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
gonch back in the line up. I love playoff hockey
You should really be loving this one. I don't know who this team is that is playing the Penguins, but I am not sure how they got this far.

As I type, 4-0. Wow.
jamesb3 06:26 PM 05-13-2009
Damn that sucks! So much for Overchokin' and the Caps. Stick a fork in them cuz they look like there done.
taltos 06:28 PM 05-13-2009
If they win tomorrow, it looks like the Bruins got the team that they wanted. The Caps gave us hell this year.
jamesb3 06:54 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
If they win tomorrow, it looks like the Bruins got the team that they wanted. The Caps gave us hell this year.
As much as I hate to say this, wether it be Boston or Carolina, they will face a very tough, determined and confident Pens team.:-)

Damn it made me sick just to say that!
Ahbroody 07:03 PM 05-13-2009
man 5-1 and I thought Sid was greg louganis(sp) there for a second bought saw a bloody noise I thought.

OOOO man dagger in the heart 6-1 Sid with the death blow. I love how when the crownd was booing him after the high stick he looked like he was going to cry. QQ MFer QQ
taltos 07:14 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
As much as I hate to say this, wether it be Boston or Carolina, they will face a very tough, determined and confident Pens team.:-)

That is true but whomever the Pens play won't exactly be short in the toughness and determination category.
loki 07:31 PM 05-13-2009
man 5-1 and I thought Sid was greg louganis(sp) there for a second bought saw a bloody noise I thought.

OOOO man dagger in the heart 6-1 Sid with the death blow. I love how when the crownd was booing him after the high stick he looked like he was going to cry. QQ MFer QQ
here, let me smack you in the face with a hockey stick and we'll see how you react
glassjapan 08:19 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by jamesb3:
tell me about it...

but...

Let me congratulate the Penguins and their fans on a great game tonight. They played like a team in both ends of the rink and outplayed the Caps in every phase of the game. Let's hope the Canes can do the same tomorrow night!
SmokeyJoe 08:31 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by glassjapan:
tell me about it...

but...

Let me congratulate the Penguins and their fans on a great game tonight. They played like a team in both ends of the rink and outplayed the Caps in every phase of the game. Let's hope the Canes can do the same tomorrow night!
:-) Hope the 'Canes play well... win or lose.
taltos 08:35 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
I have a feeling that the Canes will give quite a good showing tomorrow night.
jamesb3 08:41 PM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally Posted by taltos:
I have a feeling that the Canes will give quite a good showing tomorrow night.
Should be a great game. Hopefully a little more interesting and closer than tonights laugher.
357 09:23 PM 05-13-2009
I can only assume your homer comment ws directed at me as I was the only person to use the word.

I would like to say there is nothing wrong with being a fan and backing your team. Thats exactly what a fan does. A homer is one who ignores the negative aspects of what there team does and sees anything against them as bias or being screwed.

That was the point I was trying to make prior.
I know I know. My point was that since Tom is in Chicago and a Hawks fan, he can call out the Ducks for a few cheapshots. I was poking fun at you suggesting that because I live in Metro Detroit and am a Wings fan, you would have called me a homer. Obviously I don't know it for a fact, I was just throwing a little jab in good fun.

:-)

P.S. for the record I do not think I am a homer. I AM a huge fan but I do not blindly assume my team deserves every call. I applaud good plays and good calls against my team when it's appropriate. For example, the Wings got smoked in Game 6. They had about 5-6 minutes of good play the whole game. The Ducks were the better team. The Wings offensive talent almost bailed them out in the last 30 seconds but they deserved to lose that game.
bugmenot 09:48 PM 05-13-2009
I think the Ducks play at the end was not surprising. EXCEPT for niedermayer, who threw that elbow. Never would have expected something like that from him, but I guess when you are on a team with a bunch of other cheap shot artists, and the king of them all, Pronger, you learn their trade. Shame, as I never thought he would do something like that.

I think Perry pisses me off the most. He has done a few things this playoffs which I thought deserved at least an extra look, and a fine, and he got off with nothing. Maybe the Wings have someone to go after him? I expect zero suspensions as it was game 6, AND it was niedermayer. I hate the NHL for its inconsistency on things like this. They set everything up with the Brashear hit, and I feel after that stopped caring.

Didn't get to see the Caps/Pens game, but what a blowout. I WILL find a way to see the Wings/Ducks game, as the Wings should be coming out hard after that embarrassment from last game.
Mikey202 05:18 AM 05-14-2009
LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!:-):-)
Page 71 of 104
« First < 2161697071 727381 > Last »
Up