Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 71 of 138
« First < 2161697071 727381121 > Last »
Sports>NHL '10 - '11 Thread
E.J. 06:49 PM 03-20-2011
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
How does a guy throw an elbow like that and make it off the ice untouched?
X 2....and the exact reason, IMO , you need guys to take care of business on the ice for you....
Eleven 06:50 PM 03-20-2011
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
This guy should be gone for life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7V5...layer_embedded
He won't be gone for life. I'm sure he will be made example of though. Despite what Campbell does, Mario has a chance to set his own precedent.

I'm betting on an 8 games suspension. Mario will strip him of ever wearing an "A" again. Maybe even healthy scratch him for a while.

But banning for life? Nah. If Bertuzzi, McSorley, and Gillies can attack someone as brutally as they all did and still play in the league, then Matt "Flying Elbow" Cooke will still be playing.

Penguins won't waive him either, there are 29 other teams out there who would snatch a 15 goal, elite PK'er and laugh at the Pens for letting him go.

His punishment needs to be severe, but Matt Cooke ain't going nowhere.

(This is NOT a defense of Matt Cooke, simply stating my opinion on what I think will happen, and the reality of the NHL.)
Ahbroody 07:36 PM 03-20-2011
Scott I can think of a few teams who's stars he cheapshot that wouldn't want him. Some people who's knees he wrecked maybe. Also some teams would likely be worried depending on the locker room makeup.

Tonight everyone in San Jose is a Blackhawk fan.
Ahbroody 08:22 PM 03-20-2011
Will the coyotes get that pp call with under 3 minutes left to be given the chance to tie
Eleven 09:00 PM 03-20-2011
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Scott I can think of a few teams who's stars he cheapshot that wouldn't want him. Some people who's knees he wrecked maybe. Also some teams would likely be worried depending on the locker room makeup.
Good point. 25 teams would want him :-)
Ahbroody 12:56 AM 03-21-2011
Yeah maybe 10, 15max if they want to handle the increased scrutiny that will be on this guy now. He will be under a microscope for the remainder of his carrer. Be serious he is the flame that started all this headshot, blindshot GM meetings. All GMs called for longer suspensions on repeat offenders. They are trying to stop it. Who wants the blindshot headshot poster boy? Sorry but even Mario made himself the biggest hypocrite of the year when he tried to say word one about a team gooning it up. Watch the video Tom and I posted again. You think its a coincidence someone took a shot at Crosbys head Cooke style? Cherry even says this was going to happen in the video. It did. Who wants to subject their Stars to that danger. Averys not even that bad and Dallas waived him.

I can think of 6 teams who wouldnt be able to take him based on injuries and I can think of a lot of teams who I cant see him fitting into the roster. There are teams that may take him, but I think if you stop and think its a lot less then you are estimating. A lot of the teams that might take him have young locker rooms which creates a whole seperate discussion. High level teams why subject your star players to the retaliation attacks see Crosby, why subject your team image to the poster boy of cheap shots? I just dont see it.

One things for sure he will be getting yet another vacation this year. Hey didnt I say that would happen a week or two ago? :-)
icehog3 07:51 AM 03-21-2011
Already posted that like a month ago grandpa your memory must be slipping.
I think he's going to be made an example off this tlime given his lengthy history and the meetings just occurring.
Grandpa just led his team to the Leagur Championship last night, Young Man. :-)

How does a guy throw an elbow like that and make it off the ice untouched?
The Rangers are p#**ies? :-)

Originally Posted by Eleven:

But banning for life? Nah. If Bertuzzi, McSorley, and Gillies can attack someone as brutally as they all did and still play in the league, then Matt "Flying Elbow" Cooke will still be playing.
McSorley never played again in the NHL after the Brashear incident. I will be shocked if Gillies plays again in the NHL. But you are right about Cooke, he will probably get 8 or so.....which is a joke, they should give him the rest of the season off...INCLUDING playoffs. :-)
ahc4353 08:54 AM 03-21-2011
As a Ranger fan I hate to agree with you Tom but you just might be right.

Very disappointed in the 4 that were on the ice at the time.
icehog3 01:17 PM 03-21-2011
As a Ranger fan I hate to agree with you Tom but you just might be right.

Very disappointed in the 4 that were on the ice at the time.
I was being more tongue in cheek than anything, Al, but you are right...soembody should have responded. :-)
Ahbroody 03:05 PM 03-21-2011
Matt Cooke please report to the Principals Office.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556712

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=358971
Zetterberg has ground, but Marchand just comming off a suspension for a hit to the head speaking out? Uhhhhhhhhh Sure theres is a spindoctor around here somewhere. Just give it a little time.
icehog3 03:09 PM 03-21-2011
Matt Cooke please report to the Principals Office.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=556712
The hearing was supposed to be 1:30 EST, I figured the result would already be known. :-)
SmokeyJoe 03:16 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nig2naN8NTs

Cherry on Cooke.
Wow... Cherry was dead on - March of 2010!

Kind of eerie how he mentioned next time it could be Crosby with what happened to him this year.

:-)
Eleven 03:28 PM 03-21-2011
Off with his head!

Ok so they didn't actually behead him, but he is gone for a while. I really really hope this helps change things.
Ahbroody 03:47 PM 03-21-2011
Thats a pretty good slap.
Whats funny is the post game yesterday the Pens Coach had this crap what can I say attitude. Yup we were the ones jumping up and down about ending headshots that took out our star. Yup our repeat offender just did it again, will be suspended and cost us the game. Yup we look like huge hypocrites right now. :-) That interview is epic talk about yeah we got caught with our pants down. Its going to be interesting if they keep Cooke.

Damn 220k for that hit. Bwahahahhaahhaahahahahahha well done Cooke. Next time just throw the money off a building atleast people will like you more for it.
Eleven 06:02 PM 03-21-2011
Pierre McGuire is a douchey little troll, but this interview about Matt Cooke is pretty good.

Melnick with Pierre Mcguire March 21

Click on that interview link in the player.
taltos 07:30 AM 03-22-2011
The Bruins are bigger pu**ies than the Rangers after what Cooke did to Marc Sevard. There is no reason that this pos should still be alive and skating.
E.J. 08:28 AM 03-22-2011
Impressed with Bylsma's comments about the hit and Cooke's suspension.... Don't have a link, watched it on ESPN this AM...
icehog3 10:22 AM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by E.J.:
Impressed with Bylsma's comments about the hit and Cooke's suspension.... Don't have a link, watched it on ESPN this AM...
Agreed. :-)
icehog3 10:16 PM 03-22-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2WHmijaPRw
Eleven 11:44 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2WHmijaPRw
lol 99% of those are penalties in today's NHL.
Page 71 of 138
« First < 2161697071 727381121 > Last »
Up