Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 71 of 99
« First < 2161697071 727381 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
ir13 10:22 AM 03-14-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Looks like the Suunto Cores are available on Ebay for $219.00
Manufacturer website say it is Mineral Crystal

What I am trying to figure out is the size, it looks HUGE!
Its a 48mm Face.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:50 PM 03-14-2013
Originally Posted by ir13:
Its a 48mm Face.
Flavor Flav could wear that on a chain!
[Reply]
Bondo 287 01:08 PM 03-14-2013
:-):-)ol:
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:57 AM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
48mm is normal this day and age old timer.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:23 AM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by ir13:
Its a 48mm Face.
Thanks Joe Joe, that is huge for my wrist. I am comfortable with abotu 42-43mm at the largest.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:31 PM 03-15-2013
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
48mm is normal this day and age old timer.
Depends what kind of watches you are looking at. How many Patek and Vacheron's are that size? Does Rolex have something bigger than 43 mm?
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 08:54 PM 03-15-2013
That's NOTHING compared to my 52mm Invicta :-)

[Reply]
s15driftking 09:40 AM 03-17-2013
Depends what kind of watches you are looking at. How many Patek and Vacheron's are that size? Does Rolex have something bigger than 43 mm?
I hear ya. And, Rolex makes 2 @ 44mm, yacht master and deepsea sea dweller ref 166600
[Reply]
mithrilG60 04:29 PM 03-17-2013
Got a couple new flieger straps for my Steinhart, both made from waxed buffalo leather. Hard to take decent photos without reflections in the crystal with an iPhone :-)

Special Buffalo Black Vintage:

And more appropiately for this forum, Special Havana Vintage:

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:47 AM 03-22-2013
Very nice, I like both options!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:50 AM 03-22-2013
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Very nice, I like both options!
I dig the tan strap, gives it a unique look.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 11:15 AM 04-05-2013
Finally heard back from the place that has my Tag, just needs a thorough service. They knocked the price down to closer to their cost to make me happy. Can't wait to get it back on my wrist. From now on I'm only sending my timepieces to the manufacturers service center.
[Reply]
Remo 11:42 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by MurphysLaw:
Finally heard back from the place that has my Tag, just needs a thorough service. They knocked the price down to closer to their cost to make me happy. Can't wait to get it back on my wrist. From now on I'm only sending my timepieces to the manufacturers service center.
That's good they lowered the cost :-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 11:54 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
That's good they lowered the cost :-)
Yep and way better than the $600 new movement the "authorized" repair center tried to stick me with.
[Reply]
Remo 11:58 AM 04-05-2013
Yep and way better than the $600 new movement the "authorized" repair center tried to stick me with.
Nice, I am down to two currently, Seiko 007 diver and a G-Shock for work.

Attached:
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:01 AM 04-06-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
Nice, I am down to two currently, Seiko 007 diver and a G-Shock for work.
That's all? I don't think I could part with my watch collection. But I probably said the same about my knives at one point and I've downsized a lot.
[Reply]
Remo 09:09 AM 04-06-2013
That's all? I don't think I could part with my watch collection. But I probably said the same about my knives at one point and I've downsized a lot.
Ya, I used to have about 10 watches, all gone now.
[Reply]
irratebass 07:04 AM 04-19-2013
I didn't know where else to post this except here. Anyone ever got a rash from their watch? I got my Invicta this past Christmas, and like all my jewelry I do not take it off (for showers or sleep or anything). Well for the past 2 weeks I have broken out in a rash. I have put some hydrocortisone cream on it, but it doesn't seem to be going away. It doesn't itch, it's just gross to look at lol.

Any suggestions to get rid of the rash or a remedy to not have this happen again, I love my watch and I want to wear it. I spoke to a coworker and a doctor at the shop (gyno not dermatologist) who both said to try clear nailpolish, I did a google search and have heard clear glue and tape as well. Is there a band or something I could put on my wrist instead of doing this or what do you think about this?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
mithrilG60 07:37 AM 04-19-2013
How tight are you wearing the watch? This sounds to me either like a reaction to a metal used in the band/case back or your skin reacting to extended pressure and a lack of breathability under the strap. If it's either of those simple hydro-cortisone (or similar) steroid creme and leaving the watch off for a few days should clear it right up. If it's the breathablity issue than just take your watch off at night and that should prevent it from recurring. If not get a referral to a dermatologist and consult an expert :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 07:46 AM 04-19-2013
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
How tight are you wearing the watch? This sounds to me either like a reaction to a metal used in the band/case back or your skin reacting to extended pressure and a lack of breathability under the strap. If it's either of those simple hydro-cortisone (or similar) steroid creme and leaving the watch off for a few days should clear it right up. If it's the breathablity issue than just take your watch off at night and that should prevent it from recurring. If not get a referral to a dermatologist and consult an expert :-)
No, I leave my watch loose, I like it to move for the very reason my other watches I have had were too tight and the sun couldn't get to my skin and it would cause a white irritation and flakiness, am I just doomed not to be able to wear a watch? I am thinking I am having an allergic reaction to the nickel to the steel as I have been reading. I haven't had the watch on for 2 weeks now, I even switched wrists to see if I was allergic to the nickel or not and the stems stabbed my hand, so had to ditch that idea.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 99
« First < 2161697071 727381 > Last »
Up