Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 71 of 78
« First < 2161697071 7273 > Last »
Sports>Official MMA Thread
goalie204 03:40 PM 10-20-2010
technically speaking, probably not, since mma is mixed martial arts, and kickboxing is just 1 discipline of said mma. Although k-1 does have mma events, the grand prix isn't one of them, but it's still awesome to watch and talk about .:-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 08:51 PM 10-20-2010
Yeah it is fun to watch because some of those guys cross over to mma. I saw Overeem devestate his oponent in the 1st round of the grand prix.
[Reply]
yachties23 02:54 PM 10-24-2010
A few thoughts about last nights fight:

Brock was in more trouble against Carwin, but for some reason that fight wasn't stopped.

Lesnar needs to start training with a top notch team. He should be a dominant wrestler, and just isn't.

Dana looked absolutely pissed off putting the belt around Cain's waist, so I'd expect Brock back in a title match sooner than later.
[Reply]
goalie204 03:21 PM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by yachties23:
A few thoughts about last nights fight:

Brock was in more trouble against Carwin, but for some reason that fight wasn't stopped.
... i didn't think so...from what i remember
[Reply]
the nub 03:46 PM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by goalie204:
... i didn't think so...from what i remember
I agree. Carwin had full mount but his shots weren't getting through. Carwin also didn't cut Brock.
[Reply]
forgop 03:59 PM 10-24-2010
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see anything substantial that seemed like Lesnar should have been badly hurt. The guy's cardio is horrible and once he's challenged at all, he loses it completely and fights back like a girl.
[Reply]
yachties23 05:05 PM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by the nub:
I agree. Carwin had full mount but his shots weren't getting through. Carwin also didn't cut Brock.
Yeah, he didn't cut him, but he was in almost the same position. Taking hammer fists and not making any attempt to get out of it.
[Reply]
Steelergar 08:36 PM 10-25-2010
Brock's major problem is his stand up defense. He goes into panick mode when he gets hit. And I don't think his cardio is one his strengths.
[Reply]
LockOut 10:22 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
Brock's major problem is his stand up defense. He goes into panick mode when he gets hit. And I don't think his cardio is one his strengths.
hes so big cardio is always going to be one of his weaknesses. He just has simply too much muscle to pump blood too for an extended period.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:34 AM 10-26-2010
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
Agreed! We even saw it in his fight with Couture when he was caught a few times with some stiff jabs. Hell if Couture's dirty boxing almost did him in, what did he expect was going to happen against Velasquez?
[Reply]
Steelergar 10:55 PM 10-27-2010
Ricardo Arona is in talks to make his UFC debut before the end of the year. He is only 32, and should be healthy since he's only had 1 fight in the last 3 years. His last fight in Sep 09 was at LH.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:58 AM 10-28-2010
Anybody watching the M-1 Challenge 21 right now? Its streaming live from St. Petersburg :-)

:-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 11:59 AM 10-28-2010
Ok, I'm not terribly familiar with Russia's Team Legion... but after watching this event it made me go look up videos of Magomed Shikshabekov. This guy has heart!

He came out strong and aggressive against a tough competitor. He ended up catching a beating for 2 solid rounds. However, the entire time he kept his aggression up, worked diligently from the bottom and threw just as many strikes as he ate. Not to mention the multitude of submissions he attempted. He came back in the third but ended up losing the decision when it went to the judges. Still though, the guy looked great and never stopped pressing the action.

I'll be watching more of him from now on.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:27 PM 10-28-2010
UFC and WEC Merg! http://www.mma-hive.com/mma-videos/u...ger-video.html
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 06:07 PM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
UFC and WEC Merg! http://www.mma-hive.com/mma-videos/u...ger-video.html
Holy crap this is going to bring some interesting fights into UFC!
[Reply]
Steelergar 09:49 PM 10-31-2010
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Anybody watching the M-1 Challenge 21 right now? Its streaming live from St. Petersburg :-)

:-)
I never knew about it. I'm going to start paying more attention to M1. Are they onHD Net?
[Reply]
docdoty 09:55 PM 10-31-2010
I just found this thread. I love MMA i'll keep up with this one. I agree Lesnar needs to work on his skills as a fighter. Or he needs to go back to fake wrestling.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 01:50 PM 11-03-2010
Bloodyelbow did an article on Brock Lesnar which brought on the chuckles. Someone doesn't think very highly of him :-)
[Reply]
wayner123 11:53 AM 11-16-2010
So who else is looking forward to Hughes crushing Penn this weekend?
[Reply]
ActionAndy 03:05 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
So who else is looking forward to Hughes crushing Penn this weekend?
Let's place a bet on it cuz I'm seeing it the other way :-)

But to be serious: if penn shows up at 163-165 like he's saying, he's gonna crush. if he shows up at 170 he'll probably be a bit sluggish like we saw against GSP (not that looking bad against GSP is a crime, it's fricken GSP). I don't think Hughes has a quick enough shot anymore to really get BJ down, let alone hold him there. I also don't think his footwork is spry enough to keep BJ guessing, which is how Edgar defeated him.

Either way, really looking forward to the fight.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 78
« First < 2161697071 7273 > Last »
Up