Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 71 of 351
« First < 2161697071 727381121171 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying?
BlackDog 07:40 PM 12-31-2009
I'm drinking a Trader Joe's Vintage 2009 strong dark ale. They're made by Unibroue, and sell for $5, but only at Trader Joe's. If you like Belgian-style beers, this is a great value.
Pauly Walnuts 07:50 PM 12-31-2009
put some budweiser or coors in front of me and im happy, im not much for the fancy or imported beers.
mastershogun 08:07 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I'm drinking a Trader Joe's Vintage 2009 strong dark ale. They're made by Unibroue, and sell for $5, but only at Trader Joe's. If you like Belgian-style beers, this is a great value.
:-) :-) Great price
BlackDog 08:37 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Pauly Walnuts:
put some budweiser or coors in front of me and im happy, im not much for the fancy or imported beers.
I know I'm supposed to say something like "Drink what you like, like what you drink," but man, you are missing out on so much.
Pauly Walnuts 09:02 PM 12-31-2009
I know I'm supposed to say something like "Drink what you like, like what you drink," but man, you are missing out on so much.
well i tried heineken and thats definately one of my least favorites, but im willing to give the ales and whatnot a try considering they seem to be pretty popular around here it seems
BlackDog 09:54 PM 12-31-2009
Heineken is one of the worst imports going. In general, avoid any beer in a green bottle. They skunk very easily, and Heineken in a bottle is almost always skunked. Heineken in a can is better.

Since you live in Indiana, see if you can find some Three Floyds "Alpha King Pale Ale". It is the top pale ale in the USA, and made in Indiana. Or Three Floyds "Gumballhead". It's a wheat ale, and is the top wheat ale in the USA. Three Floyds is a very good brewery.

You probably also have Great Lakes, Founders, Bell's, Goose Island, and Victory products available where you live. Try their pale ales, lagers, pilsners and/or wheat beers. These types will be a more comfortable step for you into craft beers than jumping into India Pale Ales, which have more hops and can be somewhat bitter. Goose Island "Honkers Ale", Victory "Prima Pils", Great Lakes "Dortmunder Gold", Great Lakes "Burning River", Founders "Harvest Ale", and Bell's "Amber Ale" are all great beers which should be in your area.
Pauly Walnuts 10:12 PM 12-31-2009
Heineken is one of the worst imports going. In general, avoid any beer in a green bottle. They skunk very easily, and Heineken in a bottle is almost always skunked. Heineken in a can is better.

Since you live in Indiana, see if you can find some Three Floyds "Alpha King Pale Ale". It is the top pale ale in the USA, and made in Indiana. Or Three Floyds "Gumballhead". It's a wheat ale, and is the top wheat ale in the USA. Three Floyds is a very good brewery.

You probably also have Great Lakes, Founders, Bell's, Goose Island, and Victory products available where you live. Try their pale ales, lagers, pilsners and/or wheat beers. These types will be a more comfortable step for you into craft beers than jumping into India Pale Ales, which have more hops and can be somewhat bitter. Goose Island "Honkers Ale", Victory "Prima Pils", Great Lakes "Dortmunder Gold", Great Lakes "Burning River", Founders "Harvest Ale", and Bell's "Amber Ale" are all great beers which should be in your area.
hm alright ill give them a try and tell you how i liked em. heineken turned me off to imported beers but if you say they are the worst of the worst im willing to try some of the ones you have listed.
BlackDog 10:45 PM 12-31-2009
I'm drinking a Sam Adams Cream Stout now. The TJV2009 got a little tiresome. 750 mls is too much for one person to enjoy. This cream stout is tasting great.
Pauly Walnuts 10:46 PM 12-31-2009
im done drinking for the night, had my share of stoli and budweiser. mixin those will be sure to habve me ffeelin like crap tomorrow... oh well hahah
NCRadioMan 11:16 PM 12-31-2009
I hate to be a party pooper, but I think its best not to encourage underage drinking. According to Walnuts, he is only 18.

I've had a few Shiners and a few Pete's Wicked Ale's this evening.
Pauly Walnuts 11:27 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I hate to be a party pooper, but I think its best not to encourage underage drinking. According to Walnuts, he is only 18.

I've had a few Shiners and a few Pete's Wicked Ale's this evening.
well ya know underage drinking is the most commonly broken law, not making it right but he is not by any means encouraging me because i will not drink any more or less because of his influence just havin a chat. but i do see where you are coming from.
BlackDog 11:45 PM 12-31-2009
Ok thanks for the heads up. I had no idea he is underage.

You better stick with pop for now, 'til you're old enough. Of course you're old enough to go to war, where people try to kill you, but you're not old enough to drink 'cuz you're still too immature. Makes perfect sense. But that's a discussion for a different board.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pauly Walnuts 11:50 PM 12-31-2009
Ok thanks for the heads up. I had no idea he is underage.

You better stick with pop for now, 'til you're old enough. Of course you're old enough to go to war, where people try to kill you, but you're not old enough to drink 'cuz you're still too immature. Makes perfect sense. But that's a discussion for a different board.
Posted via Mobile Device
aw shucks... only orange crush for me :-) hahah
icehog3 12:00 AM 01-01-2010
Heineken is one of the worst imports going. In general, avoid any beer in a green bottle. They skunk very easily, and Heineken in a bottle is almost always skunked.
Ain't it the truth, Warren. Had a few :-) Moosehead in my younger days, I think that beer was intended to smell like skunk. :-)
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:55 AM 01-01-2010
I enjoyed some Moose Drool last night. Great stuff, I am really becoming a brown ale fan. Best one Ive had so far:-)
BigFrank 01:34 PM 01-01-2010
I'm drinking a Sam Adams Cream Stout now. The TJV2009 got a little tiresome. 750 mls is too much for one person to enjoy. This cream stout is tasting great.
A good brew indeed. I love the Sam Adams line, most of the beers are very tasty not to mention at 7-8 bucks a six pack it's quite worth it to me.
BigFrank 01:34 PM 01-01-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Ain't it the truth, Warren. Had a few :-) Moosehead in my younger days, I think that beer was intended to smell like skunk. :-)
I remember my first Moosehead hangover. It was rather brutal if I remember correctly.
BlackDog 08:33 PM 01-01-2010
I'm currently drinking a Lake Superior Father Duluth Oatmeal Stout. I used to not like stouts, but once I figured out that you need to drink them cool and not cold, it makes all the difference in their flavor. Take the bottle out of the refrigerator and let it warm for half an hour, and you've got one of the nicest drinks possible.
BlackDog 11:34 PM 01-01-2010
I'm drinking a Sam Adams Cream Stout now. Then I'm going to sleep.
BlackDog 09:37 PM 01-02-2010
I'm drinking a Founder's Breakfast Stout. This beer is soooo good. When the Holy Trinity get together for a beer, this is the stuff they drink.
Page 71 of 351
« First < 2161697071 727381121171 > Last »
Up