Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 25
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Sports>New York Mets 2013 Banter
jonumberone 06:39 AM 04-21-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Can you say R.A. who?? :-) :-)
How quickly Met fans forget!
R.A. gave you your first Cy Young winner in nearly 30 years, and a reason to watch a dreadful ball club every five days.
He was there to take the ball and put an end to losing streak after losing streak, and never spent time on the DL.
And when he looked for a contract, he asked for a reasonable amount ( 2 yrs $25 mil) and didn't hold the Met fans or ownership hostage.
To turn your back on a guy, who did nothing but good things for your franchise, makes you just as bad as the Wilpons!! :-)

Harvey is a great young pitcher, if he doesn't get hurt, and continues to improve, I'll be very excited when the Yankees sign him as a free agent! :-)
kelmac07 08:25 AM 04-21-2013
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
How quickly Met fans forget!
R.A. gave you your first Cy Young winner in nearly 30 years, and a reason to watch a dreadful ball club every five days.
He was there to take the ball and put an end to losing streak after losing streak, and never spent time on the DL.
And when he looked for a contract, he asked for a reasonable amount ( 2 yrs $25 mil) and didn't hold the Met fans or ownership hostage.
To turn your back on a guy, who did nothing but good things for your franchise, makes you just as bad as the Wilpons!! :-)

Harvey is a great young pitcher, if he doesn't get hurt, and continues to improve, I'll be very excited when the Yankees sign him as a free agent! :-)
How quickly we forget???? I didn't trade him away to Toronto? He's not on our roster this year. He's not going to help us this year. I'm a Mets fan first. Should the Mets have given him the two years at the price he was asking...HELL TO THE YES!! But the Wilpons, NOT Mac didn't allow that. Does that mean I stop cheering for him? Hell no, he was great for the Mets for all the reasons you listed above. And now I can root for him on beating your sorry a$$ Yankees more often. Looks like Harvey is going to be the "shining light" in this season, just as R.A. was for us last year.

How dare you tell me that I'm just as bad as the Wilpons. :-) :-) :-)
jonumberone 01:58 PM 04-21-2013
Did I hit a nerve, Fred? I mean Mac. :-):-)

Just to throw more fuel on the fire, Omar Minaya was the one who drafted Harvey.
You owe all the joy you get watching this kid, to him.
I think you should write him an apology letter, and post it here! :-)
kelmac07 02:09 PM 04-21-2013
Mets shutout the Nats today 2-0 and win the series. Finally found a way to "simmer" down Harper. He's becoming the Chipper Jones to the Mets...Chipper used to kill us.

And Dom....F**k Omar Minaya!!!
kelmac07 05:24 AM 04-25-2013
Mets come back from being down and Valdespin hits a Grand Slam in the bottom of the 10th to win it for the good guys. Harvey pitched six strong innings, gave up three runs...his highest total all year. Bullpen did a great job last night. :-) :-)
Dave128 07:29 AM 04-25-2013
That certainly was a fun game to watch. That grand slam was pretty sweet. First walk-off grand slam for the Mets since 1991!
kelmac07 04:23 PM 04-25-2013
Bullpen blows another one as we lose to the Dodgers 3-2. :-) :-)
kelmac07 06:39 PM 04-27-2013
The bullpen gives up another one today as the Phillies beat us 9-4. The downward slide continues. :-) :-)
kelmac07 02:09 PM 04-28-2013
Phillies continue to hand the Mets their asses.
Dave128 07:50 AM 04-29-2013
This series was not pretty.
BigAsh 08:01 AM 04-29-2013
I was busy all weekend....get home late Sunday afternoon....looking for my broom....and.....IT WAS AT CITIZENS BANK BALLPARK...SWEEPING THE METS!

:-):-):-):-):-)
kelmac07 10:28 AM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
I was busy all weekend....get home late Sunday afternoon....looking for my broom....and.....IT WAS AT CITIZENS BANK BALLPARK...SWEEPING THE METS!

:-):-):-):-):-)
Can't say a word.
EricF 10:36 AM 04-29-2013
Can't say a word.
Still not as bad as the Marlins! :-)
kelmac07 10:47 AM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by EricF:
Still not as bad as the Marlins! :-)
Not yet...give us two more weeks. :-) :-)
EricF 11:17 AM 04-29-2013
Not yet...give us two more weeks. :-) :-)
Your losing streak should end tonight since the Mets are in Miami!
yourchoice 12:23 PM 04-29-2013
I can't believe I almost forgot to post in this thread! Great weekend of baseball!
The Poet 12:35 PM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by novasurf:
The Mets will more games than the Yankees this season. Book it.
Assuming you meant the Mets would WIN more games than the Yanks, as opposed to the alternative assumption that they would WILL more games, then I wish to point out that it is still April, so you have plenty of time to make up what is presently a 5-game deficit. :-)
BigAsh 12:50 PM 04-29-2013
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
I can't believe I almost forgot to post in this thread! Great weekend of baseball!
slacker!!
jonumberone 04:34 AM 04-30-2013
WTF was Terry Collins thinking last night?
Allowing Matt Harvey to throw 121 pitches in 5 1/3 innings, in an April game, against the Marlins, is lunacy!!!
I typically think pitchers are babied too much, but you have to try and protect this kid a little.
It's not like he's a seasoned vet, that understands his body, and knows how much he can give you.
You would think Collins would've learned his lesson after the Johan no hitter debacle.
kelmac07 09:50 AM 04-30-2013
Agreed Dom. It's that whole I don't trust the bullpen at all thing.

Marcum has been nothing but garbage since his arrival to NY.
Page 7 of 25
« First < 567 8917 > Last »
Up