Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
Sports>Official College Hoops 2012-2013!!!!!!
DaBear 12:08 PM 03-23-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Mine too Bear. Loved seeing FGCU beat G-Town. And I had Wisconsin in the Final Four...so much for that. :-) :-)
I had G'town beating UNM for the title. My bracket is in full conflagration mode since it started spontaneously combusting last night
[Reply]
The Poet 12:35 PM 03-23-2013
Hey fellas, the people who think they can predict the brackets are the same ones I'm selling Powerball tickets to today. :-)
[Reply]
jcruse64 06:56 PM 03-24-2013
Guys, I didn't even bother with a bracket this time. It would have been blown anyway. Definitely some good games though. Watching Florida GC playing a very good game against SDSU. These kids got game!!! I love these first 4 days. After getting to see 2 rounds last year at the Yum Center, I really would like to go watch some 1st round stuff live again soon. It's good watching it all in your recliner, but getting to see them live, with all the excitement, really is fun.

Very surprised to see UNC go so cold in H2, when it looked like they were going to fry some Jayhawk. Tough loss for your team, Poet. Rooting for dook to flame out tonight!!!
[Reply]
The Poet 12:15 PM 03-25-2013
Joe, my Heels played like crap in the first half, but the Jayhawks played even worse . . . somehow. KU played somewhat better in the 2nd, while Carolina never made it out of the lockerroom. :-)

Hey, if you go back and read my first post on this thread, you'll see I didn't expect a lot from them this season. I got about what I thought I'd get, so I really can't complain. For about anybody else except the Tar Heels, it was a good year. :-)

Certainly better than Kentucky's, right? :-)
[Reply]
jcruse64 08:16 PM 03-28-2013
Ouch!!

Well, Miami did not look good at all tonight, though I thought they had a run at one point that would turn the tide. Not to be though.

OSU survives another tight final minute. If the Wildcats had a TO or 2 in the last minute or so, it could have helped. Credit to OSU; I thought they were toast in H1, and went to the other game.

The Hoosiers are not off to a particularly good start.
[Reply]
shark 08:14 PM 04-06-2013
Michigan is looking good so far against Syracuse. I guess Louisville won. GO BLUE!
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 08:43 PM 04-06-2013
I can't even bear to watch it, Ron. I'm following on ESPN though.
[Reply]
shark 09:40 PM 04-06-2013
Michigan Vs Louisville for the championship! Syracuse played a fine game, but that last hoop did it...
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 09:41 PM 04-06-2013
That was awesome. Watched the last 5 minutes or so. I don't follow Basketball, so I had no idea what was really happening haha. Still really pumped we're going to the big game.
[Reply]
yourchoice 09:45 PM 04-08-2013
College basketball seems to be more a combination of boxing, wrestling and basketball.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 09:48 PM 04-08-2013
It was looking a bit like Football I must admit. Congrats to the Cards. Hail to the Victors, next year :-)
[Reply]
Stevez 06:43 AM 04-09-2013
Congratulations to my Cards for a great game and a magical season. Louisville's Women play for the championship tonight. Wishing them much success too. Go CARDS!
[Reply]
The Poet 12:24 PM 04-09-2013
Congratulations to Louisville indeed. I'm not a fan of theirs, but I'm even less one of the Wolverines. And the best thing is that the Cardinals started this run in Rupp Arena. :-)
[Reply]
BigCat 01:12 PM 04-09-2013
That was one hell of a game between two very talented teams, and the better team last night won. I've seen nothing but classy, respectful comments out of both teams since the game ended. I admire that - it doesn't seem to happen very often.
[Reply]
jcruse64 07:09 PM 04-14-2013
It was a very good Final Four, and a REALLY good Final, I thought. Got to watch a lot of it in a really nice cigar lounge in St. Louis, with one of our sales guys. Ricky P the first with a championship at 2 different schools. There was even a Joanna sighting at the Final Four, which hasn't happened since Ashley Judd would sit with her in the 90's.

Waiting for '13-'14 to start, and for the letter on season tickets for my MSU Racers.
[Reply]
jcruse64 02:24 PM 06-30-2013
Isaiah Caanan goes early in Round 2 to the Rockets!!!!! They were saying around here that he would likely be a late 1st round pick, and possible mid-1st round, but I thought that was just wishful, local thinking, which it was. I was happy to see him go early in the 2nd round, as his last game was not in the Big Dance, but in a not-so-great OVC championship game. I was afraid it would push his stock out of the 2nd round, but he got picked. Good luck Isaiah!!

Rumor is that his MSU running mate on the inside, Ed Daniels, will be going there as a practice squad player trying to go full time. Hope he and the Fro get picked up.
[Reply]
The Poet 12:28 PM 07-01-2013
I don't really know this kid, Joe, but good luck to him and his teammates in tryouts. All in all, this was one of the oddest drafts I've seen in a while, with some picks being totally off the wall while other "quality" players (C.J. Leslie from NCSU, for instance) were left out altogether.

Well, what do I know . . . or care, actually. That's the NBA, and I'm a college hoops guy. :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 567
Up